Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

This Exxon Mobil Mammoth has been honored with Putin's "Order of Lenin"--

I suppose that means he represents the very best interest of the Russian government, as it corresponds to the very best interest of the oil company monopoly. Whether this is the very best interest of the American people and their European allies, I doubt it.

As for the Sierra Club, the Audubon Society and Greenpeace-- may they rest in peace.

Actually he received the Medal of Friendship, highest award for a non-Russian.  Of course, the money he and ExxonMobil will make once the sanctions are lifted is the real reward.

If Mattis and Tillerson are approved, it will prove that Trump is running the government and not Congress.

• Like 1

Actually he received the Medal of Friendship, highest award for a non-Russian.  Of course, the money he and ExxonMobil will make once the sanctions are lifted is the real reward.

If Mattis and Tillerson are approved, it will prove that Trump is running the government and not Congress.

there ain't nothing like black gold to bring old enemies together in the bonds of everlasting friendship. :lol:

For the inauguration I think Trump and Melanie should land in a flying saucer on that Washington baseball diamond.  Melanie can come down the ramp dressed in some sleeky tin foil outfit and announce ... "Hello Earthlings ... Ve come in Peace."  Then the Donald can come out of the ship in a toga and Melanie can conclude ..."You heet heem ... he heet you ten times harder."

• Like 1

For the inauguration I think Trump and Melanie should land in a flying saucer on that Washington baseball diamond.  Melanie can come down the ramp dressed in some sleeky tin foil outfit and announce ... "Hello Earthlings ... Ve come in Peace."  Then the Donald can come out of the ship in a toga and Melanie can conclude ..."You heet heem ... he heet you ten times harder."

It's Melania. Melanie was the singer who did "Brand New Key".

• Like 1

Will Anthony Weiner get a cabinet post?

I don't think so.

*You have to fit at least one of the following criteria--

1) You have to be a CEO of a major international corporation.

2) You have to be on record swearing to abolish or at least make completely impotent that department that you are assigned to direct.

3) You have to be an early staunch Trump supporter.

4) You have to be a retired general.

*5) You have to be a very rich middle-aged white man.

* Number 5, of course, excludes Tokes. But Tokes still have to adhere to at least one of the first three criteria or be married to--

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

I hope I answered your question.

• Like 2

I don't think so.

*You have to fit at least one of the following criteria--

1) You have to be a CEO of a major international corporation.

2) You have to be on record swearing to abolish or at least make completely impotent that department that you are assigned to direct.

3) You have to be an early staunch Trump supporter.

4) You have to be a retired general.

*5) You have to be a very rich middle-aged white man.

* Number 5, of course, excludes Tokes. But Tokes still have to adhere to at least one of the first three criteria or be married to--

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

I hope I answered your question.

not bad. :D

Apparently we have Robert Gates and Condoleezza Rice to thank for Tillerson.  They recommended him to Trump.

According to Rachel Maddow both now work for Exxon-Mobil, Tillerson's corporation.

• Like 1

Apparently we have Robert Gates and Condoleezza Rice to thank for Tillerson.  They recommended him to Trump.

According to Rachel Maddow both now work for Exxon-Mobil, Tillerson's corporation.

the swamp is getting thicker by the minute.

• Like 4

Republicans are going to say they are going to ask "tough questions" to Tillerson and other Trump appointees. However, in the end, McCain, Rubio, etc. will cave, and give these incompetent, if not downright dangerous, individuals, a nod of approval. Partisan politics will trump patriotism and the national interest, in the ongoing game of the Republican Party's Profiles in Spinelessness.

Trump has not drained the swamp, he has opened up the floodgates, and is mired up th his neck in the c r a p!

• Like 4

Republicans are going to say they are going to ask "tough questions" to Tillerson and other Trump appointees. However, in the end, McCain, Rubio, etc. will cave, and give these incompetent, if not downright dangerous, a nod of approval. Partisan politics will trump pattiotism and the national interest, in the ongoing game of the Republican Party's Profiles in Spinelessness.

Trump has not drained the swamp, he has opened up the floodgates, and is mired up th his neck in the c r a p!

McCain, Rubio, Graham, et. al. caved when it came time to endorse Trump.  They will cave again, just as the GOPers in the House will vote to a waiver so Mattis can serve as SecDef.

What is probability that Trump nominees will have the GOP questions from the committees in advance?

• Like 2

the swamp is getting thicker by the minute.

"elections have consequences." -barack obama

they had their opportunity and chose to run hillary thinking that trump could never win and they guessed wrong.

it is done. :D 

If they didn't endorse him, their jobs at Exxon would be pumping gas at an Exxon station.

• Like 1

This could have a narrower focus than Commerce, making

sure that workers don't get too uppity.

I was just stating that the Dept. of Commerce is the Dept. of Management, so to speak.  But I see your point that now we have two departments to represent the corporate interests and none to reprpesent the workers.

Nip--

I love languages. And you know it's never too late to learn a new language.

I learned today on the PBS that learning a new language is a good first step towards warding off Alzheimer's.

Hasta la vista!

Did they say that it could ward off deplorableness?