Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

hunt30n-13-web.jpgMaybe he will ice the cake by putting Don Junior and Eric in charge of the Wildlife and Endangered Species Protection Agency.

Congratulations on your kill. Of course we all know you could have taken the game with your bare hands. But using the rifle is a good strategy. Why take a chance?

• Like 1

"Democratic Senators Tom Udall (D-NM), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Edward J. Markey (D-MA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) sent a letter to Trump’s Education Secretary nominee, Betsy DeVos, to pay the $5.3 million in fines that have been levied against her super PAC for election violations.....

In other words, Trump has nominated a person in his own image to run the Education Department....

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/14/trump-corruption-grows-senators-nail-education-pick-5-3-million-unpaid-fines.html

I was just stating that the Dept. of Commerce is the Dept. of Management, so to speak.  But I see your point that now we have two departments to represent the corporate interests and none to reprpesent the workers.

Not to worry. Donald J. Trump will be the workers'

friend and best supporter. You've been warned.

My God, what have we wrought? 

This may soon become the mantra of those who voted for Trump.

While it is hard to divide people into groups, I sort of see these three types:

1.  Trumpist - those who strongly supported Trump from the beginning and agree with all he says and does;

2.  Trump Supporters - those who mostly agree with Trump and at a later point began to support him;

3.  Trump Voters - this would include the above two, but mostly is those who at the end decided to vote for Trump for a variety of reasons.

My God, what have we wrought? 

This may soon become the mantra of those who voted for Trump.

While it is hard to divide people into groups, I sort of see these three types:

1.  Trumpist - those who strongly supported Trump from the beginning and agree with all he says and does;

2.  Trump Supporters - those who mostly agree with Trump and at a later point began to support him;

3.  Trump Voters - this would include the above two, but mostly is those who at the end decided to vote for Trump for a variety of reasons.

I would put Trump supporters into three categories:

1) the really dumb braindead.  they bought into the billionaire as working class hero and saviour.

2) the deplorables.  those that wish to make America white again.

3) both of the above

• Like 1

I would put Trump supporters into three categories:

1) the really dumb braindead. they bought into the billionaire as working class hero and saviour.

2) the deplorables. those that wish to make America white again.

3) both of the above

1 and 2 are very valid, yet I still think in a country of such Conformity and poor public education, there has to be a third category-- mindless sheep whose lack of discernment to think for themselves and who have been seduce by a general National sense of conformity.

Dull insipid people, not quite stupid or racist, but intellectually devoid of any analytical ability or societal responsibility.

1 and 2 are very valid, yet I still think in a country of such Conformity and poor public education, there has to be a third category-- mindless sheep whose lack of discernment to think for themselves and who have been seduce by a general National sense of conformity.

Dull insipid people, not quite stupid or racist, but intellectually devoid of any analytical ability or societal responsibility.

Ouch.

You forgot #4---

Those who voted for Trump because they've always been impressed by wealthy people REGARDLESS of who they are or HOW that wealth was acquired.

Sepiatone

Ironically there is now a 5th category.  Those who resent anyone who has more money or education than they do and vote accordingly.  This is especially true in small towns in the South.

Lock Him Up!

LTG MIchael Flynn, Trump's NSA selectee, "inapproprieately shared" classified information with foreign military officers in 2010 while on active duty with the Army. 

• Like 1

“These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.”

Trump might have had a point — were it not for the fact that he was being so obviously and ludicrously insincere.

Case in point: Trump is said to be on the brink of appointing John Bolton as deputy secretary of state. He is arguably the man most responsible for hiding the truth about Iraq’s nonexistent WMDs.....

If Bolton becomes part of the Trump administration, he’ll be an extremely loud voice for war with Iran. In November, he said that overthrowing Iran’s government is the “only long-term solution” to the country’s supposed threat to the U.S., and he subsequently added that he hoped Trump would “move very quickly in the early days of his presidency to abrogate” the Iran nuclear deal.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/15/if-donald-trump-is-so-upset-about-iraq-wmd-lies-why-is-he-hiring-john-

• Like 1

“These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.”

Trump might have had a point — were it not for the fact that he was being so obviously and ludicrously insincere.

Case in point: Trump is said to be on the brink of appointing John Bolton as deputy secretary of state. He is arguably the man most responsible for hiding the truth about Iraq’s nonexistent WMDs.....

If Bolton becomes part of the Trump administration, he’ll be an extremely loud voice for war with Iran. In November, he said that overthrowing Iran’s government is the “only long-term solution” to the country’s supposed threat to the U.S., and he subsequently added that he hoped Trump would “move very quickly in the early days of his presidency to abrogate” the Iran nuclear deal.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/15/if-donald-trump-is-so-upset-about-iraq-wmd-lies-why-is-he-hiring-john-

There is a good chance that Bolton will not be confirmed, or that Trump, who watched the news shows, will not make the nomination.

There is a good chance that Bolton will not be confirmed, or that Trump, who watched the news shows, will not make the nomination.

I still think some of Trump's nominations are just to show he can make the GOPers in Congress do what he wants.

So far, his appointments have a net worth or over $14 BILLIONS!  Wealthiest administration in history of US.  Just think how their friends, associates and former co-workers are going to profit over the next four years, not to mention their former businesses.

• Like 1

So far, his appointments have a net worth or over $14 BILLIONS! Wealthiest administration in history of US. Just think how their friends, associates and former co-workers are going to profit over the next four years, not to mention their former businesses.

And just think how people of this ilk will have so little concern or interest or consideration for average Americans and their personal lives.

• Like 2

So far, his appointments have a net worth or over $14 BILLIONS!  Wealthiest administration in history of US.  Just think how their friends, associates and former co-workers are going to profit over the next four years, not to mention their former businesses.

Allowing for the rate of inflation? Jefferson had a few cabinet members who were thousandaires.

Allowing for the rate of inflation? Jefferson had a few cabinet members who were thousandaires.

I thought of that, but the math is beyond my abilities or desire to compute anyway.  However, it appears that it will be the wealthiest cabinet in history.  This would include those lower officials, some of whom are probably going to be very wealthy as well.

Wonder how Trump will feel when he has a cabinet meeting and realizes most of them are worth more than him?

That would depend on how many of them owned slaves like Jefferson did. The really rich white men owned slaves. The poor ones made their wife and children do all the work.

So you don't just hate rich white men but poor ones as well.     :blink:

I hate slavery.

This comment had noting to do with slavery: The poor ones made their wife and children do all the work.

These 'poor ones' were white men that did NOT own slaves and you throw them under the bus.

Just admit it you're full of hate just like the other side.

(oh and yes,  you don't hate me,   but I'm not a white man).    

Sorry but like it has for a lot of folks it appears this election has uncovered very negative inner feelings.