Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

James-- I don't know why you have a problem with me being Against Racism but that's just kind of the way it is.

But whatever animosity you hold for me because I feel that way, does not make me hate you at all.

I hope whatever it is, that's causing this great animosity against me--that you will eventually get over it.

At any rate I'm praying for you and I have nothing against you.

God bless you.

BTW-- Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. It's a very well-known fact in American history that his mistress was a slave who had a number of children by him.

His slaves and slave relatives built Monticello.

I can recall the Oprah Winfrey show where they had all of his white relatives and his black relatives on together and they were all trying to come together in unity.

The fact that our founding fathers--many of them were rich white men--were slave owners-- is simply a fact of American history.

The sooner we accept our past, the faster we can get on with our future.

James-- I don't know why you have a problem with me being Against Racism but that's just kind of the way it is.

But whatever animosity you hold for me because I feel that way, does not make me hate you at all.

I hope whatever it is, that's causing this great animosity against me--that you will eventually get over it.

At any rate I'm praying for you and I have nothing against you.

God bless you.

Again,  what did this comment have to do with slavery or racism:    The poor ones made their wife and children do all the work.

NOTHING.     Again,  you were showing your contempt for NON slave owners and implying these men were lazy and 'made their wife and children do all the work'.  

AND,   you made 3 post where you're not honest about your contempt for all white men but instead try to pretend the comment was related to slavery or racism.

The point being that you don't wish to get along with others.  You don't wish to unite the nation.   Instead you are filled with contempt for those that are not like you.

Isn't that being just as deplorable as the deplorables?

I thought of that, but the math is beyond my abilities or desire to compute anyway.  However, it appears that it will be the wealthiest cabinet in history.  This would include those lower officials, some of whom are probably going to be very wealthy as well.

Wonder how Trump will feel when he has a cabinet meeting and realizes most of them are worth more than him?

He'll stop attending cabinet meetings. He's more comfortable at his rallies, where he has more money than all the people in the crowd put together.

He'll stop attending cabinet meetings. He's more comfortable at his rallies, where he has more money than all the people in the crowd put together.

I did forget that Trump will be the dumbest person at his cabinet meetings.

People were warned ...

Trump has named investor, Carl Ichan to work on regulatory reform. 

But it has met opposition. Icahn, who has had past business dealings with Trump, "will also be in charge of overseeing regulatory overhauls while simultaneously controlling or owning stock in companies that could benefit from the changes he makes," a Democrat spokesman said. “Voters who wanted Trump to drain the swamp just got another face full of mud.”

Mr. Icahn’s new role “is very disconcerting and troubling to people who take investor protection issues seriously," according to Andrew Stoltmann, partner at Illinois securities law firm Stoltmann Law. "It's a little like asking the fox to guard the henhouse."

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

"(Sen. Elizabeth Warren) called for a moratorium on confirmation hearings for his cabinet appointees until they can be thoroughly screened for conflicts of interest.

TheHill.com reported Saturday evening that Warren made the declaration on Twitter, writing, “Cabinet officials must put our country’s interests before their own. No [confirmation] hearings should be held until we’re certain that’s the case.”

She was responding to a letter from the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) expressing grave concern that confirmation hearings will take place before it has a chance to screen nominees for ethical conflicts.

“This is ridiculous,” Warren wrote. “[Trump’s nominees] can’t drag their feet on ethics paperwork while their Senate friends try to run out the clock.”

The OGE has apparently been struggling to get even minimal cooperation from the Trump transition team. Recently, OGE Director Walter Shaub wrote in an email, “We seem to have lost contact with the Trump-Pence transition since the election.”

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D) issued a statement on Saturday condemning the breakdown in communications between the OGE and the Trump team. “The Office of Government Ethics letter makes crystal-clear that the transition team’s collusion with Senate Republicans to jam through these Cabinet nominees before they’ve been thoroughly vetted is unprecedented,”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/warren-no-confirmation-hearings-for-trump-appointees-until-theyre-vetted-for-conflicts-of-interest/

One aspect of Trump nominees is that most have never been vetted through the normal government/political/media process.

This is in contrast to those nominated by Obama, Bush, Clinton, et. al. in the past.  They had a long history of background checks, media coverage, etc.

The Republicans are ignoring this fact.

Preliminary Schedule--Ben Carson, HUD

First Day on Job--August 14, 2017

11:00-11:30: Initial administrative meeting

11:30-12:00: Nap

12:00-2:00: Lunch

2:00-2:30: Review of earlier nap

2:30-3:30: Power Nap

3:30-4:00: Daily administrative review

4:01: Secretary Carson departs

Next Work Day--November 8, 2017

• Like 2

Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, to be named special adviser to the president.  MAJOR ethics/conflict of interest problems here.

Oh, I forgot, under Trump and the Republicans there will be no ethics or conflicts of interest as they will not acknowledge either of them.

Grant, Harding and some others are probably real excited as now there will be someone who will rate worse than them for most corrupt/crookedest administration in US history.

• Like 2

Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, to be named special adviser to the president.  MAJOR ethics/conflict of interest problems here.

Oh, I forgot, under Trump and the Republicans there will be no ethics or conflicts of interest as they will not acknowledge either of them.

Grant, Harding and some others are probably real excited as now there will be someone who will rate worse than them for most corrupt/crookedest administration in US history.

Yeah, they just arent there.............

Preliminary Schedule--Ben Carson, HUD

First Day on Job--August 14, 2017

11:00-11:30: Initial administrative meeting

11:30-12:00: Nap

12:00-2:00: Lunch

2:00-2:30: Review of earlier nap

2:30-3:30: Power Nap

3:30-4:00: Daily administrative review

4:01: Secretary Carson departs

Next Work Day--November 8, 2017

LMREO!

"Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer issued an “eminently reasonable” bipartisan request Monday regarding Donald Trump’s cabinet nominees, sending Mitch McConnell his own 2009 letter with some—nominal—changes.....

Then-Minority Leader McConnell sent the letter to then-Majority Leader Harry Reid about the confirmation process for President Barack Obama’s cabinet.

Included in the letter was a list of standards expected by Republican leaders “prior to considering any time agreements on the floor on any nominee.”

Now, eight years later, it seems the Republican-led Congress is hoping to bypass their own stringent set of requirements,....

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/schumer-brilliantly-exposes-gop-hypocrisy-by-sending-mcconnell-his-own-2009-confirmation-letter/

:lol:

• Like 1

"Donald Trump’s intention to name his son-in-law Jared Kushner to a senior White House post violates ethical standards – and the smell test.

A 1967 anti-nepotism law states that a government official can’t hire relatives “in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control.” Kushner’s lawyers are said to be preparing to argue that the White House is somehow not an “agency” and so Trump can do as he wishes, but they are probably wrong and without a change to the law the appointment of Kushner would likely lead to litigation aimed at forcing him out.

And legalities aside, a world leader turning his son-in-law into one of his foremost advisers has an extremely creepy vibe, because it’s straight out of the third world dictator playbook....

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/09/u-s-decline-to-banana-republic-accelerates-as-trump-places-son-in-law-jared-kushner-in-white-house/

"Donald Trump’s intention to name his son-in-law Jared Kushner to a senior White House post violates ethical standards – and the smell test.

A 1967 anti-nepotism law states that a government official can’t hire relatives “in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control.” Kushner’s lawyers are said to be preparing to argue that the White House is somehow not an “agency” and so Trump can do as he wishes, but they are probably wrong and without a change to the law the appointment of Kushner would likely lead to litigation aimed at forcing him out.

And legalities aside, a world leader turning his son-in-law into one of his foremost advisers has an extremely creepy vibe, because it’s straight out of the third world dictator playbook....

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/09/u-s-decline-to-banana-republic-accelerates-as-trump-places-son-in-law-jared-kushner-in-white-house/

Plus Kushner has a lot of foreign holdings and possibly foreign debt too.

"Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) has been spending his confirmation hearing for the position of Attorney General in the Trump Administration trying to dodge the fact that in 1986 a Republican Congress deemed him too racist to be a federal judge.

Senator Al Franken (D-MN) did not let him get away with it. He trapped Sessions in his web of lies, forcing the humiliated Sessions to admit that as a U.S. Attorney he did nothing to advance civil rights or desegregate his home state of Alabama (transcript and video below)....

But Sessions lies go beyond his claim to Rich’s case. Sessions says he has filed dozens of civil rights cases and voting rights cases. He did nothing to end segregation or ensure fair voting rights. Franken exposed his desperate attempt to hide racism that was publicly exposed decades ago:...

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/10/al-franken-just-trapped-jeff-sessions-huge-lie/

• Like 2

"No matter their political party, trailblazers at the Department of Justice helped presidents and the nation take major steps forward in establishing civil-rights law and protections. Forward-looking attorneys general, along with outstanding career attorneys, have helped to desegregate schools and universities in the face of harsh resistance; to put an end to Jim Crow laws; and to confront discrimination in our of criminal and civil justice systems. They showed moral conviction with their actions.....

To avert tragic reversals by Trump’s Justice Department and to protect the rights of all Americans equally, senators must study and grasp Jeff Sessions’ disturbing record, consider the progress he would unravel, and then reject his nomination as attorney general."

http://billmoyers.com/story/jeff-sessions-not-league-former-attorneys-general/

• Like 2

Trump's business mouthpiece in the press conference said a blind trust would never work because it would be impossible for them to find someone competent enough to run it.  Okay.  So what then are you doing appointing people to positions like Secretary of State and Attorney General if you are that clueless?

• Like 3

David Shulkin, Sec. VA nominee, will have a very difficult task.  His career has been in medical management so the wide variety of services provided by the VA will be daunting.  As it would be for anyone.