Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

Trump’s Secretary of State Pick Just Lied Under Oath, And It Backfired Beautifully-

"Tillerson was asked about his, and Exxon Mobil’s, history of lobbying against sanctions which were put in place against Russia by President Barack Obama’s administration in response to the Russian invasion of Crimea in 2014. Tillerson deftly responded, “I have never lobbied against sanctions. To my knowledge, Exxon never directly lobbied against sanctions.”

This whopper of a lie was so blatant that even the Republican in charge of the hearing Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) called Tillerson out.....

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/11/trumps-secretary-state-pick-just-lied-oath-backfired-beautifully/

• Like 2

Tillerson Called Out for 'Lying About Climate' During Confirmation Hearing-

When pressed by Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) about the major charges unearthed by the ongoing ExxonKnew investigation—namely, that the oil company hid evidence going back to the 1970s of how the burning of fossil fuels impacts the climate, and funded misinformation campaigns to spread skepticism about growing scientific consensus—former Exxon CEO Tillerson "essentially pled the fifth," said Oil Change International executive director Stephen Kretzmann.

"Since I'm no longer with ExxonMobil, I'm in no position to speak on their behalf," said Tillerson, who recently separated from the company after 42 years. "The question would have to be put to them."

Kaine asked as a follow-up question: "Do you lack knowledge to answer my questions or are you refusing to answer my question?"

Tillerson responded: "A little of both."

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/01/11/tillerson-called-out-lying-about-climate-during-confirmation-hearing

• Like 1

Another case of the fox guarding the hen house?  Trump just put Rudy Guliani in charge of computer hacking defence.  Guliani boasted about wikileaks on Jake Tapper's show before it even started happening!!  Was he co-ordinating with wikileaks?

This is what the FBI and CIA used to do.  Put someone in charge of an investigation who was already deeply involved.   They run the investigation not to turn over the findings but to destroy them!!

Does Rudy even know how to turn on a computer?

• Like 1

Who gave the baby chair to Sleepy Ben Carson for the hearings?  He looks like Sid Dithers.

what about kamala harris asking mike pompeo if he will accept climate change?

what does that have to do with him becoming CIA director?

explain kamala harris' rationale to the rest of us if you can.

what about kamala harris asking mike pompeo if he will accept climate change?

what does that have to do with him becoming CIA director?

explain kamala harris' rationale to the rest of us if you can.

He should have answered, " I will not let the climate change".

• Like 2

I don't know why the press is so surprised that it has been revealed in the senate hearings that Trump's appointees don't hold the same views as the president elect on a myriad of issues like water boarding torture and muslim bans.  Trump would have had to recruit from the rank and file of the k k k or the nazi party if he wanted appointees to share his own views.

...precisely what Trump’s pick for CIA director, the Tea Party’s Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS), is claiming. Pompeo’s confirmation hearings began yesterday...

...it is a problem when a public servant, speaking of the whole of the American people says something like,

“To worship our lord and celebrate our nation at the same place is not only our right, it is our duty.”

According to Pompeo, politics is “a never-ending struggle … until the rapture.” As director of the CIA, there are obvious dangers to looking forward to “the rapture” (which isn’t even in the Bible) as an end-game....

Slate‘s Michelle Goldberg warns in speaking of Pompeo’s “apocalyptic religiosity and Manichaean worldview,”

“It’s worth pausing to appreciate the fact that America’s CIA will shortly be run by a man who appears to view American foreign policy as a vehicle for holy war.”....

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/13/mike-pompeo-trumps-cia-director-architect-holy-war.html

"The Intercept revealed last week that Donald Trump’s nominee to lead the the Department of Homeland Security, retired Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly, did not disclose on his ethics form that he was listed as a vice chairman at the Spectrum Group, a defense contractor lobbying firm.

Now, it appears that Kelly failed to list two other positions as well: board memberships with Michael Baker International and Sallyport Global, two defense contractors that do business with the U.S. government.....

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/17/homeland-security-pick-gen-john-kelly-fails-to-disclose-ties-to-defense-contractors/

I don't know why the press is so surprised that it has been revealed in the senate hearings that Trump's appointees don't hold the same views as the president elect on a myriad of issues like water boarding torture and muslim bans.  Trump would have had to recruit from the rank and file of the k k k or the nazi party if he wanted appointees to share his own views.

I agree that no one should be surprised that Trump lied to his base and that the majority of that base believed him.

There are morons at this site that still do.  

Betsy DeVos, Sec. Ed nominee, hearing rushed through last night by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN).

She is probably the least qualified of any of his nominees.

Below from James Hohman, Washington Post.

us-mg205.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=sbc&.rand=e1nsvla561s2n&.lts=1484750441#mail

“‘Remember I know the guys at Goldman Sachs,’ Trump said. ‘They have total, total control over [Cruz]. Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton.’”

And now -- six Trump appointees from Goldman Sachs!

• Like 2

Gov Haley acquited herself well in the hearings, so I guess she will be a shoo-in for confirmation as UN Ambassador.

Great news for S.C..  The Republican led state legislature is rejoicing as is the business community-though not publicly.

Her anti-tax and tax cut positions and inability to work with others have left the state in a sad shape.

Gov Haley acquited herself well in the hearings, so I guess she will be a shoo-in for confirmation as UN Ambassador.

Great news for S.C..  The Republican led state legislature is rejoicing as is the business community-though not publicly.

Her anti-tax and tax cut positions and inability to work with others have left the state in a sad shape.

The worst performance yet has been by Betsy Devos. See if some Republicans give her the thumbs-down.

The worst performance yet has been by Betsy Devos. See if some Republicans give her the thumbs-down.

As I understand the current system, she only needs 51 votes.  Pence could be 51 if it ties at 50-50.

Maybe she was nominated to be the sacrificial lamb so the Republicans could vote her down to demonstrate how fair they are?

Who is gen

As I understand the current system, she only needs 51 votes.  Pence could be 51 if it ties at 50-50.

Maybe she was nominated to be the sacrificial lamb so the Republicans could vote her down to demonstrate how fair they are?

Who is generally considered the most liberal Republican among the current Senators?

The woman is an Amway billionaire who has spent the greater part of her adult life trying to destroy public education.

She and her family have only gone to private schools, so they don't see the need for public education.

I don't think she'll have any trouble with confirmation considering how much money she has contributed to the Republican Party - - millions of dollars over the years.

Also she should be pleased to know there are no grizzly bears on the senate committee.

• Like 2

I remember living in a rented house and the next door neighbors

played those Amway tapes all the time and at a volume suitable

for AC/DC albums. For whatever reason they eventually stopped,

but if I was interested I could have had a lot of the Amway course 

for free.

Who is gen

Who is generally considered the most liberal Republican among the current Senators?

Shut yo mouth, boy.  It's a sacrilege to say Republican and liberal in same sentence.  The Goldwater-Nixon-Reagan GOPers eliminated last vestiges of "liberal" Republicans.

However, most "moderate" are Susan Collins,  Lisa Murkowski, Dean Heller, Mark Kirk and Lindsey Graham.

Another Google listing showed Collins, McCain, Paul, Portman, and Murkowski as most likely to resist Trump and therefore maybe his nominees.

Not sure if any of these lost in Nov, but don't think so.

My guess is that all Trump nominees will be approved.