Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

I remember living in a rented house and the next door neighbors

played those Amway tapes all the time and at a volume suitable

for AC/DC albums. For whatever reason they eventually stopped,

but if I was interested I could have had a lot of the Amway course 

for free.

Too funny. Dont think my father listened to any tapes..........

Shut yo mouth, boy.  It's a sacrilege to say Republican and liberal in same sentence.  The Goldwater-Nixon-Reagan GOPers eliminated last vestiges of "liberal" Republicans.

However, most "moderate" are Susan Collins,  Lisa Murkowski, Dean Heller, Mark Kirk and Lindsey Graham.

Another Google listing showed Collins, McCain, Paul, Portman, and Murkowski as most likely to resist Trump and therefore maybe his nominees.

Not sure if any of these lost in Nov, but don't think so.

My guess is that all Trump nominees will be approved.

Ah, we Yankees have fond memories of many liberal Republicans, like Jacob Javits, Nelson Rockefeller, Louis Lefkowitz, George Aiken, Margaret Chase Smith, Clifford Case, William Scranton, and John V. Lindsay (who became a Democrat). 

(And of course if you go back farther, you get to that Republican who was so progressive, he couldn't be a Republican today: Teddy Roosevelt.)

• Like 1

I got my passport in Chicago at the Everett Dirksen Federal Building. He was a good man.

Ah, we Yankees have fond memories of many liberal Republicans, like Jacob Javits, Nelson Rockefeller, Louis Lefkowitz, George Aiken, Margaret Chase Smith, Clifford Case, William Scranton, and John V. Lindsay (who became a Democrat).

(And of course if you go back farther, you get to that Republican who was so progressive, he couldn't be a Republican today: Teddy Roosevelt.)

I got my passport in Chicago at the Everett Dirksen Federal Building. He was a good man.

Also I think for your consideration, we could have Sen. Edward Brooke,

Sen. Percy and Sen. Hatfield.

Too funny. Dont think my father listened to any tapes..........

He likely didn't miss much. These folks would blast

them from their house. Weird. I was on another site

and people were discussing their experiences with

Amway. The great majority were negative--losing

hundreds of dollars and having nothing but a garage

full of Amway products they couldn't get rid of.

I was shocked this week to find out that the Amway woman was a billionaire.

I thought Amway was just a big joke. But apparently somebody was making a lot of money on that joke, but it wasn't anybody that I ever heard of that was involved with it.

I knew Tupperware and Avon people who made more money than Amway people.

Are all these people who are involved with Trump con artists and cheats just like him, his own man and Kushner's old man?

I wouldn't be surprised if Goldman Sachs will have an office in the White House just like Enron-- you know who I'm talking about the guy that committed suicide.

I was shocked this week to find out that the Amway woman was a billionaire.

I thought Amway was just a big joke. But apparently somebody was making a lot of money on that joke, but it wasn't anybody that I ever heard of that was involved with it.

I knew Tupperware and Avon people who made more money than Amway people.

Are all these people who are involved with Trump con artists and cheats just like him, his own man and Kushner's old man?

I wouldn't be surprised if Goldman Sachs will have an office in the White House just like Enron-- you know who I'm talking about the guy that committed suicide.

From what I've read very few people make money from Amway--

the owners, some of the people at the top, and a small number

of salespeople. For most people it's just a waste of money and

time, as pyramid schemes are. Scam artists like Donny usually

attract others of the same type. 

the GOP hits a keep on comin'

Rick Perry expresses ‘regret’ for pledging to abolish Energy Department

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/rick-perry-seeks-to-lead-the-energy-department-an-agency-he-pledged-to-abolish/2017/01/18/19b14494-dd0a-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html?utm_term=.7ccffb7a59db&wpisrc=nl_most-draw5&wpmm=1

Perry’s comment was also at odds with his own earlier public posture. During a 2014 Christian Science Monitor luncheon, Perry said the science showing that humans are contributing to climate change was unsettled and argued that calling carbon dioxide “a pollutant is doing a disservice” to the country.

It is an unexpected landing pad for Perry. In the 2012 presidential campaign, Perry said that the agency was one of three that should be abolished — although, with a sheepish “oops,” he famously could not remember its name during a debate. The episode ended Perry’s campaign.

I seem to remember an Amway LP with inspirational songs on it. (LOL).  The Amway singers??? In my father's case it was a sideline (he had 2 other jobs) Dont remember why he quit. Probably not enough time (or profits!)

the GOP hits a keep on comin'

Rick Perry expresses ‘regret’ for pledging to abolish Energy Department

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/rick-perry-seeks-to-lead-the-energy-department-an-agency-he-pledged-to-abolish/2017/01/18/19b14494-dd0a-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html?utm_term=.7ccffb7a59db&wpisrc=nl_most-draw5&wpmm=1

Perry’s comment was also at odds with his own earlier public posture. During a 2014 Christian Science Monitor luncheon, Perry said the science showing that humans are contributing to climate change was unsettled and argued that calling carbon dioxide “a pollutant is doing a disservice” to the country.

It is an unexpected landing pad for Perry. In the 2012 presidential campaign, Perry said that the agency was one of three that should be abolished — although, with a sheepish “oops,” he famously could not remember its name during a debate. The episode ended Perry’s campaign.

Global warmimg? If it means mild winters like this in Philly, I'm all for it.

I seem to remember an Amway LP with inspirational songs on it. (LOL).  The Amway singers??? In my father's case it was a sideline (he had 2 other jobs) Dont remember why he quit. Probably not enough time (or profits!)

I wouldn't be surprised. Some of the folks commenting on their

experience with Amway described it as being almost like a

religious cult. I guess if one wanted even a shot at some success

it would have to be a full time thing, and even then it was iffy.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that the Trumpsters rushed the travel ban so that it Sessions would not have to eat it.

We see that Sessions once grilled Yates and asked her if she had the guts to stand up to the President if it meant upholding the constitution.

• Like 1

My guess is that the Trumpsters rushed the travel ban so that it Sessions would not have to eat it.

We see that Sessions once grilled Yates and asked her if she had the guts to stand up to the President if it meant upholding the constitution.

Sessions wouldn't even say anything bad about trump when they played him the Access Hollywood tape.

That plan may have backfired.  It may make Sessions confirmation much more raucous and possibly that for other nominees. Incidentally, I think you give the Trumpists too much credit for being able to conceive of such a plan.  I think they just screwed up due to their total ignorance.

Sessions would still have to eat it as it would still be in effect once he is confirmed.

My guess is that there may be no real strategy behind anything that they are doing, just scattershot confusion. The last person he talks to is the one who has his ear, and every day, a different person is the last person he talks to,

• Like 2

My guess is that there may be no real strategy behind anything that they are doing, just scattershot confusion. The last person he talks to is the one who has his ear, and every day, a different person is the last person he talks to,

Which too often may be Bannon.

She's in good company..........

if she's never contemplated discontinuing the teaching of cursive writing in the classroom than she is more qualified than hordes of liberal schtootzes in the NEA....

specifically the ones who designed the mess known as common core.

So the proposed Secretary of Education turns out to be plagiarist.  You can't make this stuff up.

Bogie56, I assume most teachers in the NEA can write in cursive.

you can. I can. hell, we all can.

did you know that obama's schtootzes pushed a teaching methodology called common core that would have consigned the teaching of cursive writing to the dust bin of history?

I bet the every schtootz in the NEA can damn well write in cursive....and they would have eliminated the teaching of cursive writing with common core.

Bogie56, your concerned with plagiarism?

many other people are concerned with outright incompetence!

too many years, Bogie56, of silly ill-thought out whims on the part of liberal teachers. too many years.

it shall be stopped. :)

"According to section (a)(6) of federal statute 50 U.S. Code 3021, a civilian like Steve Bannon will in fact need to go through Senate confirmation and approval in order to serve on the National Security Council because he doesn’t fit into any of the five listed pre-approved categories.

That obscure law, which has remained obscure because no president has ever tried to put a political hack on the NSC until now, was dug up by MSNBC analyst Jonathan Alter late on Monday night.

This sets up a remarkable showdown if Trump goes ahead with the Bannon pick, because few in either party have shown any affinity or trust for the guy –

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/31/1627991/-Incompetency-Strikes-Back

:D

• Like 1

"According to section (a)(6) of federal statute 50 U.S. Code 3021, a civilian like Steve Bannon will in fact need to go through Senate confirmation and approval in order to serve on the National Security Council because he doesn’t fit into any of the five listed pre-approved categories.

That obscure law, which has remained obscure because no president has ever tried to put a political hack on the NSC until now, was dug up by MSNBC analyst Jonathan Alter late on Monday night.

This sets up a remarkable showdown if Trump goes ahead with the Bannon pick, because few in either party have shown any affinity or trust for the guy –

I'm learning to trust steve bannon RIGHT NOW as I read your post. :lol:

Good information, but what if Trump just "invites" him to every meeting of the NSC?  Who is going to bring it up?  Regardless, even if they dislike him the current Republican senators would muster enough votes to "confirm" him.

"Steve Bannon has been appointed to the National Security Council even as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence were demoted. And lest you think this isn't a big deal, take The New York Timess word for it:

...who sits at the National Security Council table when the administration debates issues of war and peace can make a real difference in decisions. In giving Mr. Bannon an official role in national security policy making, Mr. Trump has not simply broken with tradition but has embraced the risk of politicizing national security, or giving the impression of doing so.

So now, a man who is a political animal and an amoral opportunist, who years ago said that his goal is to "destroy the state" and "bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment,” is now going to be an even bigger voice in shaping U.S. foreign policy......

here's what Bannon said of his so-called boss last year:

"[Donald Trump is a] blunt instrument for us,” he told me earlier this summer. “I don’t know whether he really gets it or not.”

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-is-just-a-puppet-steve-bannon-is-president