Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

"Rex Tillerson won confirmation Wednesday to become secretary of state, placing a longtime oil company executive at the helm of what President Trump has promised will be an “America first” foreign policy.

The final vote was 56 to 43, with four members of the Democratic caucus in favor of confirmation: Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), Angus King (I-Maine), Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) and Mark R. Warner (D-Va.)........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/01/senate-confirms-rex-tillerson-to-become-secretary-of-state/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.a341c6bf9fd2

:(

"Rex Tillerson won confirmation Wednesday to become secretary of state, placing a longtime oil company executive at the helm of what President Trump has promised will be an “America first” foreign policy.

The final vote was 56 to 43, with four members of the Democratic caucus in favor of confirmation: Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), Angus King (I-Maine), Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) and Mark R. Warner (D-Va.)........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/01/senate-confirms-rex-tillerson-to-become-secretary-of-state/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.a341c6bf9fd2

All four of them must fall within six degrees od separation of Exxon/Mobil.

• Like 1

Manchin will change to the Republican Party before he runs for re-election or might as well.

The real test will be DeVos.  Already emailed my senators to vote no, but that is p...ssing in the wind.

"Steve Bannon has been appointed to the National Security Council even as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence were demoted. And lest you think this isn't a big deal, take The New York Timess word for it:

...who sits at the National Security Council table when the administration debates issues of war and peace can make a real difference in decisions. In giving Mr. Bannon an official role in national security policy making, Mr. Trump has not simply broken with tradition but has embraced the risk of politicizing national security, or giving the impression of doing so.

So now, a man who is a political animal and an amoral opportunist, who years ago said that his goal is to "destroy the state" and "bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment,” is now going to be an even bigger voice in shaping U.S. foreign policy......

here's what Bannon said of his so-called boss last year:

"[Donald Trump is a] blunt instrument for us,” he told me earlier this summer. “I don’t know whether he really gets it or not.”

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-is-just-a-puppet-steve-bannon-is-president

And apparently Nikki Haley, Ambassador to UN has been kicked off it.

Manchin will change to the Republican Party before he runs for re-election or might as well.

The real test will be DeVos.  Already emailed my senators to vote no, but that is p...ssing in the wind.

Surprisingly when I went on Lindsey Graham's site, it was slower than usual. Probably getting a lot of emails.

Also, "he" responded specifically within 10 minutes of getting my email.  Usually takes three weeks to three months to get a specific response.

But news about how terrible she is will be fake news.

People don't realize the extent of the Education Dept.  I assume most public library grants come through it.  I know vocational rehabilitation is funded by DOEd and that is about 80-90% of state VR budgets.  Will DeVos emphasize funding to the private VR organizations and reduce that going to state agencies?

Does she even know what is in DOEd?

• Like 2

Vincent Viola Said to Withdraw as Secretary of Army Nominee

Vincent Viola, the billionaire founder of trading firm Virtu Financial Inc., has withdrawn his nomination to be Secretary of the Army after distancing himself from his business ties proved too difficult, according to two Trump administration officials and a third person familiar with Viola’s decision.

Vincent Viola Said to Withdraw as Secretary of Army Nominee

Vincent Viola, the billionaire founder of trading firm Virtu Financial Inc., has withdrawn his nomination to be Secretary of the Army after distancing himself from his business ties proved too difficult, according to two Trump administration officials and a third person familiar with Viola’s decision.

Why is he even trying to distance himself from his business ties? It obviously doesn't matter.

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) selectively enforced an obscure Senate rule to silence Elizabeth Warren as she discussed Trump attorney general nominee Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.....

McConnell said that she had breached Senate rules by reading past statements against Sessions from figures such as the late senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) and the late Coretta Scott King. “The senator has impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama,” McConnell said,

“Mr. Sessions has used the awesome power of his office to chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens,” King wrote,...

....the 1986 statement of Kennedy, a senior member of the Judiciary Committee who led the opposition then against Sessions, including the Massachusetts Democrat’s concluding line: “He is, I believe, a disgrace to the Justice Department and he should withdraw his nomination and resign his position.”

Chuck Schumer:  “Senate Republicans have regularly flaunted Rule XIX in the past – but Republicans never asked them to sit down. This is a clear case of selective enforcement. Only Sen. Warren accurately quoting from MLK’s widow provoked Republicans to action.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/07/elizabeth-warren-not-allowed-to-speak.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/07/republicans-vote-to-rebuke-elizabeth-warren-for-impugning-sessionss-character/?utm_term=.bfdb3d9c70c9&tid=sm_fb

Mitch McConnell (R-KY) selectively enforced an obscure Senate rule to silence Elizabeth Warren as she discussed Trump attorney general nominee Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions.....

McConnell said that she had breached Senate rules by reading past statements against Sessions from figures such as the late senator Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) and the late Coretta Scott King. “The senator has impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama,” McConnell said,

“Mr. Sessions has used the awesome power of his office to chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens,” King wrote,...

....the 1986 statement of Kennedy, a senior member of the Judiciary Committee who led the opposition then against Sessions, including the Massachusetts Democrat’s concluding line: “He is, I believe, a disgrace to the Justice Department and he should withdraw his nomination and resign his position.”

Chuck Schumer:  “Senate Republicans have regularly flaunted Rule XIX in the past – but Republicans never asked them to sit down. This is a clear case of selective enforcement. Only Sen. Warren accurately quoting from MLK’s widow provoked Republicans to action.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/02/07/elizabeth-warren-not-allowed-to-speak.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/02/07/republicans-vote-to-rebuke-elizabeth-warren-for-impugning-sessionss-character/?utm_term=.bfdb3d9c70c9&tid=sm_fb

Republicans what to increase Warren's visibility to enhance her chances of being the 2020 Democratic nominee. They know that she would be easy to beat.

• Like 1

I served on a city council and we had an ordinance regarding this very thing.  Most organizations have rules to prevent members from verbally attacking each other.  I have experienced situations where it had to be invoked repeatedly and enforced by the city attorney (as parlimentarian).

However, I do believe McConnell and the president of the Seneate overstepped this time.  On the other hand, Warren does tend to be more offensive than most senators.

I served on a city council and we had an ordinance regarding this very thing.  Most organizations have rules to prevent members from verbally attacking each other.  I have experienced situations where it had to be invoked repeatedly and enforced by the city attorney (as parlimentarian).

However, I do believe McConnell and the president of the Seneate overstepped this time.  On the other hand, Warren does tend to be more offensive than most senators.

I understand that the Senate has rules where you can't say bad things about a fellow member BUT that seems ridiculous when the whole point is to vet the person with discussion as to whether they are fit for the job or not.  Better done before the person is confirmed.  That censuring of Warren yesterday is just one more joke for the catalogue.

• Like 1

CNN is reporting that Old Spicer may be on his way out.  I guess Trump did not like the SNL sketch.

I heard that Alex Baldwin is going to take his place.    This way the Trump admin knocks out two SNL sketch routines!    :lol:

Republicans what to increase Warren's visibility to enhance her chances of being the 2020 Democratic nominee. They know that she would be easy to beat.

Yes,  you're on to something here.   Like I said if the Dems leading voices are all from CA, NY and northeastern states like MA,  all states that are true blue,    the GOP will gladly promote such voices.

"Warren then proceeded to stand on the other side of the Senate door and read out King’s letter on Facebook live anyway. Over a million people tuned in to watch her do it. By the next morning, it had 160,000 shares on Facebook and 7.3 million views. Copies of the letter have received hundreds of thousands of shares, and by morning-time tens of millions of Americans had read the letter Republicans did NOT want Americans to read.

What the Republicans have done is bring national media attention to what would have otherwise been another underreported partisan speech. Now the event has gone viral...

Elizabeth Warren @SenWarren

I will not be silent while the Republicans rubber stamp an AG who will never stand up to the @POTUS when he breaks the law.

• Like 1

"Warren then proceeded to stand on the other side of the Senate door and read out King’s letter on Facebook live anyway. Over a million people tuned in to watch her do it. By the next morning, it had 160,000 shares on Facebook and 7.3 million views. Copies of the letter have received hundreds of thousands of shares, and by morning-time tens of millions of Americans had read the letter Republicans did NOT want Americans to read.

What the Republicans have done is bring national media attention to what would have otherwise been another underreported partisan speech. Now the event has gone viral...

So what is this national medial attention going to accomplish?   

Steve Bannon Believes The Apocalypse Is Coming And War Is Inevitable-

Trump’s top adviser thinks we’re in “the great Fourth Turning in American history.”

"In Bannon’s view, we are in the midst of an existential war, and everything is a part of that conflict. Treaties must be torn up, enemies named, culture changed. Global conflagration, should it occur, would only prove the theory correct. For Bannon, the Fourth Turning has arrived. The Grey Champion, a messianic strongman figure, may have already emerged. The apocalypse is now.

“What we are witnessing,” Bannon told The Washington Post last month, “is the birth of a new political order.”....

The “aristocratic Washington class” and the media, he has claimed, are in league with the entire religion of Islam and an expansionist China to undermine Judeo-Christian America. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-apocalypse_us_5898f02ee4b040613138a951?

:blink: