Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

Embattled National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigns:

In his resignation letter, Flynn insisted he “inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information” regarding his phone call with the Russian ambassador....

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/02/report-michael-flynn-has-just-resigned-national-security-advisor

:)

He'll be back in some capacity.  Trump will make sure of that.

Mnuchin's first job is to raise the debt ceiling that will allow America to borrow more money.  Will the GOP shut its own government in protest?

No, because the debt ceiling and national debt only matter when the Democrats control the presidency or one of the houses of Congress.  This is historically proven.

They will raise it and Trump will sign it.  Have to as so many of Trump and the GOPers promises and plans are based on more federal spending.  Far, far more than can be acheived by reducing expenditures in all non-defense programs combined.

• Like 1

Andrew Puzder, Trumps' nominee for Secretary of Labor, has withdrawn his nomination due to conflicts of interest and other reasons, according to CNBC, NBCNews, and CNN.  Check Google, Yahoo, or your search engine of choice.

Anyone with the name "Puzder" shouldn't be allowed to hold any important position.

• Like 1

Andrew Puzder, Trumps' nominee for Secretary of Labor, has withdrawn his nomination due to conflicts of interest and other reasons, according to CNBC, NBCNews, and CNN.  Check Google, Yahoo, or your search engine of choice.

Apparently McConnell realized that he could not get 50 votes and probably not even close.  That is telling considering the nominees that have received enough votes to get confirmed.

• Like 1

What a puz. Actually he found out that a manager at one of

his fast food joints had given all employees a five cent per

hour wage increase. Priorities.

It seems that even Donny knows what a disaster Petraeus 

would have been and is likely to be nominating someone

else for the NSA position. 

What a puz. Actually he found out that a manager at one of

his fast food joints had given all employees a five cent per

hour wage increase. Priorities.

It seems that even Donny knows what a disaster Petraeus 

would have been and is likely to be nominating someone

else for the NSA position. 

I wouldn't count on that.  Remarkable that Petraeus continues to put himself forward or not refuse to be considered.  As a four star general in his position, he really screwed up. 

He should never be considered for anything.

• Like 1

I wouldn't count on that.  Remarkable that Petraeus continues to put himself forward or not refuse to be considered.  As a four star general in his position, he really screwed up. 

He should never be considered for anything.

He certainly isn't lacking in raw nerve. Robert Harward has been offered

the job. First he'll think it over. Probably a good idea for anyone offered

a government position by Donny.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-robert-harward-national-security-adviser-flynn-2017-2

I enjoy seeing scantily clan women as much as the next guy, but the Hardee's commercials are insulting to men and women.  Incidentally, I have never seen women in Hardee's who look like that and it is probably the largest fast food chain in the South.

Every notice that the "models" never swallow the food?

Since learning about Puzder, I no longer go to Hardee's.  Yes, the other CEO's and managers are probably just as bad, but I don't know about it.

I enjoy seeing scantily clan women as much as the next guy, but the Hardee's commercials are insulting to men and women. Incidentally, I have never seen women in Hardee's who look like that and it is probably the largest fast food chain in the South.

Since learning about Puzder, I no longer go to Hardee's. Yes, the other CEO's and managers are probably just as bad, but I don't know about it.

The rare time I pass by a Hardee's, I'm amazed that they're still in business. It's almost impossible to find one in your neighborhood or vicinity.

Compared to McDonald's and Burger King, or even Sonic, Wendy's, Spangles and Dairy Queen, they're virtually nonexistent.

The rare time I pass by a Hardee's, I'm amazed that they're still in business. It's almost impossible to find one in your neighborhood or vicinity.

Compared to McDonald's and Burger King, or even Sonic, Wendy's, Spangles and Dairy Queen, they're virtually nonexistent.

That's not the case down here. We have two Hardee's in my small town, and they do very good business, but mainly due to location. I've never heard of Spangles. Sounds like a strip club.

That's not the case down here. We have two Hardee's in my small town, and they do very good business, but mainly due to location. I've never heard of Spangles. Sounds like a strip club.

Spangles is a 1950s nostalgia-type hamburger Drive-In throughout Kansas out of Wichita. It looks like a Drive-in from Happy Days or American Graffiti.

You have to remember that several college students in Kansas launched Pizza Hut from Wichita in the late 1950s. Those first Pizza Huts in the early sixties had marvelous pizza with very real and natural ingredients!

• Like 2

I enjoy seeing scantily clan women as much as the next guy, but the Hardee's commercials are insulting to men and women.  Incidentally, I have never seen women in Hardee's who look like that and it is probably the largest fast food chain in the South.

Since learning about Puzder, I no longer go to Hardee's.  Yes, the other CEO's and managers are probably just as bad, but I don't know about it.

You answered a question I have always wondered about;  Did Hardee (Carl's here on the West Coast),   show the same commercials in the South and Mid-West as they did in CA.    It appears they did since you live in the South. 

One thing that was funny is many years ago Paris Hilton did a commercial (oh and it was, as she liked to say  'so hot'!).   Foxs news talking heads like Bill'O were up in arms about it,  but each time they covered it they showed it over and over again.    My wife started to wonder why I was watching Fox so called News so often!

• Like 2

A Trump biographer explained Trump's flip flop on Flynn.  First he fires him then he blames Flynn's treatment on the dishonest media.  His biographer explains the dichotomy as an attempt on Trump's part to show that he was not wrong when he hired Flynn in the first place.  I might characterize it in another way - he's bonkers.

• Like 2

You answered a question I have always wondered about;  Did Hardee (Carl's here on the West Coast),   show the same commercials in the South and Mid-West as they did in CA.    It appears they did since you live in the South. 

One thing that was funny is many years ago Paris Hilton did a commercial (oh and it was, as she liked to say  'so hot'!).   Fox's news talking heads like Bill'O were up in arms about it,  but each time they covered it they showed it over and over again.    My wife started to wonder why I was watching Fox so called News so often!

That's Carl's Jr., right? Whatever happened to Carl's, Sr.?;

Not sure about the numbers in the South, probably more McDonalds.  But, everywhere you see a McDonalds in the South you will probably see an Hardee's within a few blocks.  Hardee's actually has better biscuits and coffee IMO.  Hardee's probably does an whole lot better breakfast than the rest.

I never eat anything other than breakfast at either one.  For other meals I go to Wendy's, Burger King, Arby's or a local independent.

I remember years ago, you could go to a McDonalds on a military post in the South and only get a croissant, but you could go to the McDonalds just outside the gates and get a biscuit.  The onpost McDonalds soon learned what sold in the South.

• Like 2

He certainly isn't lacking in raw nerve. Robert Harward has been offered

the job. First he'll think it over. Probably a good idea for anyone offered

a government position by Donny.

Rumour is that Harward rejected the offer.

WASHINGTON, Feb 16 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s choice for national security adviser, retired Vice Admiral Robert Harward, has turned down the offer, sources familiar with Harward’s decision said on Thursday.,,,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/robert-harward_us_58a6331fe4b045cd34c01093?section=politics

Trump’s Pick For Ambassador To Israel Heckled During Confirmation Hearing-  

Five former U.S. ambassadors to Israel from both Republican and Democratic administrations urged the Senate in a letter not to confirm Friedman.

"Friedman expressed regret over derogatory comments he made likening liberal American Jews to Jewish prisoners who worked for the Nazis during the Holocaust,....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/friedman-israel-confirmation-hearing_us_58a5d588e4b045cd34bf6ac7?

WASHINGTON, Feb 16 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump’s choice for national security adviser, retired Vice Admiral Robert Harward, has turned down the offer, sources familiar with Harward’s decision said on Thursday.,,,

"Ret. Vice Adm. Bob Harward has turned down President Donald Trump's offer to be national security adviser, sources told CNN Thursday.

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "**** sandwich," the friend said."

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 1

Guy must be pretty intelligent. If he saw Trump's press conference,

that can only have reinforced his decision to stay out of this

mess. I also saw the remark about the sandwich. I'm guessing

Donny isn't the bread portion but the filling.

• Like 1

"Ret. Vice Adm. Bob Harward has turned down President Donald Trump's offer to be national security adviser, sources told CNN Thursday.

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "**** sandwich," the friend said."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/harward-says-no-to-national-security-adviser-role/index.html

Harward also said that he had family personal and financial issues to deal with.

I wonder will this be the same excuse that Kellyanne Conway will give when they kick her out.

Guy must be pretty intelligent. If he saw Trump's press conference,

that can only have reinforced his decision to stay out of this

mess. I also saw the remark about the sandwich. I'm guessing

Donny isn't the bread portion but the filling.

Some of the current people like Conway and Spicer must be wondering what they got themselves into. No matter what they are being paid, it couldn't be worth it.