Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

:lol:

Colin KahlVerified account @ColinKahl 11h11 hours ago

Trump reportedly wants to dump McMaster as NatSec Advisor because his substantive briefings “go on too long and seem irrelevant.”

Trump is considering replacing him with Kellogg (because he is more “fun”)

or Bolton (because he is “good on television”). https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-decides-to-remove-national-security-adviser-and-others-may-follow/2018/03/15/fea2ebae-285c-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html 

DYaN49RXcAAYCLK.jpg
11 hours ago, jakeem said:

Steve Mnuchin spent nearly $1 million in taxpayer dollars on eight trips in 2017 by flying on military aircraft instead of commercial, according to new documents obtained by CREW watchdog group.

https://www.axios.com/steve-mnuchin-racked-up-1-million-for-flights-on-taxpayers-dime-0782779c-6ae4-4998-b167-4cb4f4e929ed.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_me

jS5N_17K?format=jpg&name=600x314

28 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Maybe Betsy can Finance her Key Policy Proposals by Selling some Amway.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Maybe Betsy can Finance her Key Policy Proposals by Selling some Amway.

You don't usually make money by selling Amway, you make money by having a

lot of suckers under you trying to sell Amway products. :)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Well, It's nice to know how Betsy got her money.

I wonder if she knows Bernie Madoff. LOL

Yeah, she married into it. Amway isn't as bad as Madoff was, but it is pretty

much just another pyramid scheme. I used to have neighbors who were into

Amway. They would play these annoying go get 'em sales tapes all the time.

After all else failed, I gave them the AC/DC treatment. Mission accomplished. 

• Haha 1
On 2/20/2018 at 7:46 AM, Princess of Tap said:

Another One Bites the Dust

On 2/20/2018 at 7:39 AM, jakeem said:

On 2/20/2018 at 7:45 AM, jakeem said:

“...as speculation over whether President Donald Trump would fire his secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, reached a fever pitch, Trump and his chief of staff, John Kelly, also considered pushing out another top national security official: H.R. McMaster.”

“Trump has continuously chafed at McMaster’s ‘rat-a-tat’ briefing style...POTUS at one point gestured toward the general in the midst of a lengthy briefing and said to others in the room, ‘Look at this guy, he’s so serious!’”

It’s well known that Trump and McMaster don’t get along. Less well-known is that McMaster and John Kelly have a strained relationship, owing in part to Kelly’s unbreakable bond w Mattis, under whom he served in Iraq -

One admin official put it to me this way: Kelly prizes stability, and views Mattis and Tillerson — and their relationship — as a source of it. McMaster at times disagrees w them, which has put him on Kelly’s **** list.

Another admin official said the low point in the Trump-McMaster relationship came last summer during the Afghanistan debate. McMaster simply has the most personal contact w POTUS conveying the views of his cabinet, which POTUS didn’t like.

It took four weeks but here we finally are.

It's official--McMaster is out and John Bolton is in. Bolton is a former UN Ambassador under Bush II.

Tillerson must have jumped the queue here. LOL

Any bets on how long Empty Barrel John Kelly's got?

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets 35m35 minutes ago

VoteVets Chair @jonsoltz on John Bolton: "John Bolton and Mike Pompeo represent the neocon foreign policy that Donald Trump falsely said he was against.

These appointments show there's not a shred of daylight between Dick Cheney and Donald Trump."

It is very difficult to say if Trump is for or against anything.    So I assume he got rid of the others because they disagreed with him and hired these two because in the private meetings they had with him, they agreed and kissed his behind.

But like the vast majority of others,  they will say or do something that Trump doesn't like and Trump will no longer favor them. 

• Like 1

The truly unfortunate things is that the appointment does not require Senate approval.  Could be wrong, but I don't think he get the 50 GOP votes needed for Pence to break a tie.

4 hours ago, TheCid said:

The truly unfortunate things is that the appointment does not require Senate approval.  Could be wrong, but I don't think he get the 50 GOP votes needed for Pence to break a tie.

I don't think Bolton would get 50 GOP Senators to approve him for any position.   The guy is really out there.   

The saddest thing I heard was that the only thing Trump didn't like about him was his mustache!    :blink:

• Like 1