Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

6 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

John Bolton makes Dick Cheney look like a pacifist.  :(

This is a case where the sad emoticon can cause confusion.    I didn't use that on your post since I didn't want it implied I was sad about you posting this but instead was sad how much truth there is in what you said.   

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

He's supposed to be a good doctor and he was the White House doctor for Bush and Obama but, no, no relevant  managerial experience.  He does look and sound OK on TV and that seems to be an important qualification for Trump.

Another good qualifications is that he is a liar.

• Thanks 2

As a veteran and a taxpayer, I am very concerned about Trump's firing of Sec. Shulkin and nominating the WH physician to replace him.  I'll have to do more research on Powers, but I have a lot of doubts.  The VA needs an administrator/manager, not just a military veteran or a physician.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
10 hours ago, jakeem said:

Jeff Sessions is on the cover of TIME. Remember, Trump was reportedly bothered and annoyed last year when Bannon was on the cover of TIME.

DZdKGFSW0AAOXMO.jpg

50 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Let’s hope Trump doesn’t Fire Sessions for rightly refusing tonight to appoint a Special Counsel to go after Mueller, Rosenstein, and the FBI.

For some reason Jeff Sessions'  photo on the cover of Time Magazine reminds me of the poster for the 2001 movie " Hannibal ".

• Haha 2
34 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

For some reason Jeff Sessions'  photo on the cover of Time Magazine reminds me of the poster for the 2001 movie " Hannibal ".

Being on the cover of Time makes sense;   his time being in this admin is about to run out.    (come on, Trump has to keep up the pace of one a week!).  

From the WP ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/its-official-steven-mnuchin-is-the-greatest-sycophant-in-cabinet-history/2018/04/06/7f35069a-39b9-11e8-8fd2-49fe3c675a89_story.html?utm_term=.ead253a9a4d4&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

It’s official: Steven Mnuchin is the greatest sycophant in Cabinet history

It is the triumph of the bootlicker. 

Six months ago, Lawrence H. Summers, a former treasury secretary, said “Mnuchin may be the greatest sycophant in Cabinet history.” There is no longer need for a qualifier.

• Thanks 1

John Bolton Skewed Intelligence, Say People Who Worked With Him

Former colleagues say the next national security adviser — whose job is to marshal information and present it to the president fairly — resists input that doesn’t fit his biases and retaliates against people he disagrees with.

“Anyone who is so cavalier not just with intelligence, but with facts, and so ideologically driven, is unfit to be national security adviser,” said Robert Hutchings, who dealt extensively with Bolton as head of the National Intelligence Council, a high-level agency that synthesizes analysis from across the intelligence community to produce strategic assessments for policymakers.

“He’s impervious to information that goes against his preconceived ideological views.” ........

https://www.propublica.org/article/john-bolton-national-security-adviser-intelligence

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Mike Pompeo is facing a climb to win confirmation and may get an unfavorable vote on panel, lawmakers say. He’s now meeting with moderate Democrats who do not serve on Foreign Relations - all in hopes of winning one Dem vote on floor. Our story: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/politics/mike-pompeo-confirmation-senators/index.html .

This guy represented Wichita in Congress.

When you see him look for the " K O C H " stamped on his forehead.

Senator Elizabeth Warren blasted Mick Mulvaney, the head of the government's consumer watchdog agency, for not standing up for millions of Americans who get cheated by financial predators.

"You are hurting real people to score cheap political points," Warren told Mulvaney on Thursday at a Senate Banking Committee hearing.

The showdown had been building for months. Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, conceived the agency and is its staunchest defender in Congress. Mulvaney, who was appointed interim director by President Trump, argued as a congressman that it should be abolished.....

The agency rolled out mortgage and payday-lender rules and cracked down on bad behavior by penalizing Citigroup, Wells Fargo and many other lenders.

Under Mulvaney, the CFPB has reversed course. It has delayed the payday-loan rules, dropped lawsuits against payday lenders and stripped enforcement of fair-lending protections.....

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/12/news/economy/elizabeth-warren-mick-mulvaney-cfpb/index.html

-_-

22 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Asha Rangappa Retweeted All In w/Chris Hayes

Brown v. Board was a unanimous decision from the Supreme Court of the United States. This is the least difficult question to answer in the history of the universe. #UnfitToJudge

22 minutes ago, jakeem said:

.@SenBlumenthal on the Trump judicial nominee who wouldn't answer his question about whether she agreed with the Brown v. Board of Education decision: "It is disqualifying" #inners

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

Brown v. Board of Education is not a subject to be "coy" about https://trib.al/GkyLOyw 

DalwelsWkAACXEP.jpg

She wants to close the Barn door after the entire Jim Crow Farm has already been destroyed. LMREO

"I don't mean to be coy, but I think I can get into a difficult, difficult area when I start commenting on Supreme Court decisions -- which are correctly decided and which I may disagree with."

Louise Vitter, whom the administration has nominated to be a federal judge

:blink:

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

What time will Secretary of State Tillerson brief us on diplomatic efforts to stabilize the region? Oh wait

Well, let's check in with the Under Secretaries. Oh wait

Expert input from the US Ambassadors to Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, or Jordan? Oh wait

Well, I'm sure it'll be fine

DatWO8WUQAAchh0.jpg

Who's minding the store?

20 hours ago, jakeem said:

As we wait for another potential firing.... here's my new story on Trump admin folks trying to leave but having a hard time getting private sector jobs:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tariniparti/trump-aides-jobs?utm_term=.tfbvvaaq16#.bte11xxK7p

iOJZWMws?format=jpg&name=600x314

I hear they're looking for Uber drivers in DC.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

The first person to resign from this cancerous administration on principle will look back on that day the same way powerball winners look back on the moment they bought their golden ticket. Trump has made Haley look like a fool. If she stays it will be at the cost of her dignity

Anybody who is in the current Administration lost their dignity on day one-- Inauguration Day.

-_-

Ned PriceVerified account @nedprice

It seems apparent from reliable sources that Mike Pompeo did NOT serve in the first Gulf War, but nearly half of his public bios--including his Wikipedia page--and contemporary write-ups claim he did. Is this something he's been content to leave uncorrected?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ned PriceVerified account @nedprice 3h3 hours ago

CIA has now confirmed publicly that Pompeo did NOT serve in the Gulf War.

Any examples of Pompeo saying or even suggesting otherwise over the years would be of extreme interest to Members of Congress set to vote on his nomination next week. (@LexisNexis)