Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I do not believe the technology or the many trillions of dollars it would cost will be available in the next 50 years, if then.

I don't have kids, so it's of no personal impact to me if society continues to destroy the environment. I'll be long dead before things get so bad as to seriously effect me in any considerable way. However, I was raised with this nagging conscience to care about other people, and as such I find myself wishing things could be improved. If I had children or grandchildren, I'd hate to continue trashing the planet and leave them only with the excuse that it cost too much money to do anything about it, or that it was inconvenient to some, or that it seemed too daunting so we did nothing.

But as I mentioned, we'll all be dead so who cares. We won't have to look anyone in the eye and explain ourselves.<_<

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I don't have kids, so it's of no personal impact to me if society continues to destroy the environment. I'll be long dead before things get so bad as to seriously effect me in any considerable way. However, I was raised with this nagging conscience to care about other people, and as such I find myself wishing things could be improved. If I had children or grandchildren, I'd hate to continue trashing the planet and leave them only with the excuse that it cost too much money to do anything about it, or that it was inconvenient to some, or that it seemed too daunting so we did nothing.

But as I mentioned, we'll all be dead so who cares. We won't have to look anyone in the eye and explain ourselves.<_<

I'm in same situation, but would like for the world to better and cleaner.  But I just think it will take a whole lot longer and a whole lot more money than anyone has even conceived of yet.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

I'm in same situation, but would like for the world to better and cleaner.  But I just think it will take a whole lot longer and a whole lot more money than anyone has even conceived of yet.

Even if it doesn't happen, we should at least have something to aim for. If we don't try reforming the way we carelessly handle the environment then the effects will only get worse and worse. Resources will dwindle and famine and war will grow.

Personally, I don't expect the Green New Deal or any of the other plans to even really do much in the grand scheme of things but all of us should ideally work together to help things along.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

Even if it doesn't happen, we should at least have something to aim for. If we don't try reforming the way we carelessly handle the environment then the effects will only get worse and worse. Resources will dwindle and famine and war will grow.

Personally, I don't expect the Green New Deal or any of the other plans to even really do much in the grand scheme of things but all of us should ideally work together to help things along.

I agree with doing all we reasonably can, but I fear that the Green New Deal will be counterproductive.  It will merely scare away far too many likely supporters of improvements and cause the fossil fuel, climate deniers and others to dig in even deeper in their opposition.

Trump to nominate former Boeing executive Patrick Shanahan as secretary of defense

If confirmed by the Senate, Shanahan will join more than half a dozen others
who led the department without having ever served in the military.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-nominate-former-boeing-executive-patrick-shanahan-secretary-defense-n1004031?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Trump to nominate former Boeing executive Patrick Shanahan as secretary of defense

If confirmed by the Senate, Shanahan will join more than half a dozen others
who led the department without having ever served in the military.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-nominate-former-boeing-executive-patrick-shanahan-secretary-defense-n1004031?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

Other than Ashton Carter, Obama's SecDef, who were the others?

The Constitution does not require that the SecDef  have prior military service.  Before 1948, it would have been the Sec. of War and Sec. of the Navy.  The Constitution and Founding Fathers were clear that they wanted the military to be under civilian control.  

Personally I am more concerned about Shanahan's connection to Boeing, Trump and the M-I-P-C, than I am about a lack of prior military service.

Also, I question if former high ranking military officers can really be objective about the military in DOD leadership positions.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Hayley MillerVerified account @hayleymiller01 20m20 minutes ago

HUD Secretary Ben Carson couldn't answer basic questions about the agency he oversees.

He confused the term REO (real estate owned) with "an Oreo."

"His stammering would be funny if it weren’t so scary," Rep. Katie Porter said in a statement to HuffPost.

I saw a clip of the questioning and an interview with the CA Dem Congresswoman who asked Carson the question.  Ironically, it originated as OREO as Carson stated, but I doubt he knew either definition.  It is a confusing term though.  OREO meant Other Real Estate Owned by a lending institution other than its business facilities.  Somehow over time it was changed to REO.  Neither makes much sense to me considering it means property owned by a lender that they could not sell at a foreclosure auction because nobody bid the minimum amount.  So the lender has outright possession of the property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_owned

20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Sandi McClure Daoust @Weedbike 5h5 hours ago

The Corporate takeover of the US.

What Swamp? 😳#TheResistanceRises

D7qt1PSVsAEcRe2.jpg

You could add that DeVos never attended public schools and I do not believe her children did either. She was a promoter of charter schools in her native state.  So, she is rich and is opposed to the one thing that may help the less fortunate become rich - free, quality public education.

Shanahan was employed by Boeing, but Robert McNamara was president of Ford Motor Co. before becoming Sec. of Defense.  AT that time, Ford had contracts with the Defense Dept.  However, I think Shanahan's appointment is questionable because of the very close relationship between DOD and Boeing.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, jakeem said:

.@Reinlwapo scoops that the White House is killing a plan to expand criminal background checks for federal jobs

5O7G8N9T?format=jpg&name=600x314

Considering the vast corruption, incompetence, domestic abuse and poor performance of his cabinet secretaries and his appointees, it's probably better to ignore the background checks all together.

After all what good are they when people like slumlord Jared Kushner is not recommended for national security clearance but gets one anyway because his father-in-law gave him a pass.

Jared, the triple threat: not qualified, not qualified, not qualified.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel today sent a report to Trump finding that Kellyanne Conway violated the Hatch Act on numerous occasions.

OSC recommends that she be removed from federal service. https://bit.ly/2MWrSXM 

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Elijah Cummings: "Trump should terminate Ms. Conway's employment immediately in light of these dozens of violations of federal law. Allowing Ms. Conway to continue her position of trust at the W.H. would demonstrate that the President is not interested in following the law."

And reading the above I can only think that George Conway has a terrible problem here, anyway you look at it.

I can only quote what Fred Mertz said to Ricky Ricardo when Ricky had a serious problem with his wife:

"You should have thought of that before you married her."

• Haha 2

I find it hard to believe that she is only one violating the Hatch Act, Republican or Democrat.

The U.S. Office of Special Counsel today sent a report to Trump finding that Kellyanne Conway violated the Hatch Act on numerous occasions.

OSC recommends that she be removed from federal service. https://bit.ly/2MWrSXM 

Shanahan drops bid to lead Pentagon, citing ‘painful’ past

Politics Jun 18, 2019 3:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — After months of unexplained delays, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan stepped down Tuesday before his formal nomination ever went to the Senate, citing a “painful” family situation that would hurt his children and reopen “wounds we have worked years to heal.”

=======================================

ANYone working for this administration=corrupt, criminals and/or LOSERS  <_<

6 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Shanahan drops bid to lead Pentagon, citing ‘painful’ past

Politics Jun 18, 2019 3:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) — After months of unexplained delays, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan stepped down Tuesday before his formal nomination ever went to the Senate, citing a “painful” family situation that would hurt his children and reopen “wounds we have worked years to heal.”

=======================================

ANYone working for this administration=corrupt, criminals and/or LOSERS  <_<

OK, why is he dropping out?  There is no proof in the article for your closing statement.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

OK, why is he dropping out?  There is no proof in the article for your closing statement.

".... His prospects for confirmation have been spotty due in large part to questions about his lengthy work as former Boeing executive and persistent questions about possible conflicts of interest. "

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/shanahan-drops-bid-to-lead-pentagon-citing-painful-past

& the domestic violence issues

(& weird hiding of USS McCain ship) 

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

BEST way to avoid those pesky Confirmation questions........

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 5h5 hours ago

Key Trump admin. vacancies with acting leaders:

Acting Defense secretary Acting DHS secretary Acting UN ambassador Acting SBA administrator Acting chief of staff Acting FEMA director Acting ICE director Acting USCIS director Acting FAA administrator.....

Old news.  Trump figured out a while back that he can get just as much out of an acting administrator and not have to worry about confirmation hearings.  It is up to Congress to place a time limit on how long a position can remain vacant without a nominee or how long an "acting" person can serve.

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

".... His prospects for confirmation have been spotty due in large part to questions about his lengthy work as former Boeing executive and persistent questions about possible conflicts of interest. "

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/shanahan-drops-bid-to-lead-pentagon-citing-painful-past

& the domestic violence issues

(& weird hiding of USS McCain ship) 

You didn't answer my post.  This is your statement which I questioned:  "ANYone working for this administration=corrupt, criminals and/or LOSERS"

You are claiming that everyone working for Trump is corrupt, criminal or a loser.  Where is the proof of that?