Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp


Recommended Posts

andrew kaczynski

@KFILE

·

3h

(John Gibbs) Trump's nominee to be director of the Office of Personnel Management

spread the conspiracies about Democrats taking part in Satanic rituals,

called Dems the party of 'Islam' and 'gender-bending,'

& defended a banned alt-right & ant-Semitic Twitter user.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/politics/john-gibbs-opm-kfile/index.html

<_<

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Trump nominee hearing pulled after furore over Islam remarks

Tata's online posts had called Islam a 'violent' religion and accused former US President Obama of being a 'terrorist'.

 

A United States Senate committee abruptly cancelled a confirmation hearing on Thursday for retired Army Brigadier General Anthony Tata to be the Pentagon's undersecretary for policy after a furore erupted over offensive remarks he made about Islam and other inflammatory comments.

Tata's nomination was already under criticism from Senate Democrats, who sent a letter to him this week calling on him to withdraw.

Tata, a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump and a conservative commentator for the Fox News television outlet, has been working in the US Department of Defense as a senior adviser to Secretary of Defense Mark Esper............

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/trump-nominee-hearing-pulled-furore-islam-remarks-200730203251237.html?taid=5f23581f9139ad0001b9b360&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

:)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tata who withdrew his nomination to become Under Secretary because of his comments linked to Islamaphobia, accusations that President Obama was the leader of a terrorist organization and that the CIA Director was planning an assassination hit on President Trump has now been awarded a top policy job at the Pentagon.  :lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

'Worst Possible Person': 300+ Groups Demand Senate Reject Trump's Pick to Manage US Public Lands

"When a nominee is clearly unfit for a position, it is the Senate's constitutional and moral duty to reject the nomination."

.......

"His inflammatory rhetoric and actions opposing virtually all issues of social justice and diversity including targeting native communities, immigrants, the LGBTQ community, and people of color should alone be disqualifying for anyone seeking the responsibility of managing a taxpayer-funded agency with a diverse workforce," the groups including Defenders of Wildlife, Indigenous Women Rising, NAACP, and United We Dream wrote.

"Yet, Mr. Pendley adds to these disqualifications with radical anti-conservation positions, a deeply held belief antithetical to the agency's mission that public lands should be privatized, virtually unprecedented conflicts of interest and ethical issues, a history of supporting anti-government extremists, and a track record of dismantling the very agency he is tasked with managing," the letter adds..........

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/03/worst-possible-person-300-groups-demand-senate-reject-trumps-pick-manage-us-public?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3hnKNoD2tCGLur_HBZNDF9GVEAGUbW5piJq2UGJiC-MCpFXslfPbpEX10

:(

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

'Worst Possible Person': 300+ Groups Demand Senate Reject Trump's Pick to Manage US Public Lands

"When a nominee is clearly unfit for a position, it is the Senate's constitutional and moral duty to reject the nomination."

.......

"His inflammatory rhetoric and actions opposing virtually all issues of social justice and diversity including targeting native communities, immigrants, the LGBTQ community, and people of color should alone be disqualifying for anyone seeking the responsibility of managing a taxpayer-funded agency with a diverse workforce," the groups including Defenders of Wildlife, Indigenous Women Rising, NAACP, and United We Dream wrote.

"Yet, Mr. Pendley adds to these disqualifications with radical anti-conservation positions, a deeply held belief antithetical to the agency's mission that public lands should be privatized, virtually unprecedented conflicts of interest and ethical issues, a history of supporting anti-government extremists, and a track record of dismantling the very agency he is tasked with managing," the letter adds..........

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/03/worst-possible-person-300-groups-demand-senate-reject-trumps-pick-manage-us-public?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3hnKNoD2tCGLur_HBZNDF9GVEAGUbW5piJq2UGJiC-MCpFXslfPbpEX10

:(

As with the US Postal Service, Consumer Protection Agency and others, this is exactly what Trump, McConnell and the GOPers want.  Why be surprised.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
 
·
2h
 
The Trump administration plans to withdraw William Perry Pendley as its nominee to head the Bureau of Land Management.
 
Pendley has faced criticism for past statements in support of selling off federal public land.
 
:)
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:
 
·
2h
 
The Trump administration plans to withdraw William Perry Pendley as its nominee to head the Bureau of Land Management.
 
Pendley has faced criticism for past statements in support of selling off federal public land.
 
:)

Too bad he cannot retroactively withdraw nominations of 99% of his appointees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Jakeem for this.  Further proof that Trump cares more about messaging for his reelection than the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

 

 

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

The new doctor on President Trump's coronavirus task force is a critic of lockdowns who has pushed for kids to go back to schools and for the return of college sports. Dr. Scott Atlas has no expertise in public health or infectious disease mitigation.
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Thanks to Jakeem for this.  Further proof that Trump cares more about messaging for his reelection than the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

 

 

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

The new doctor on President Trump's coronavirus task force is a critic of lockdowns who has pushed for kids to go back to schools and for the return of college sports. Dr. Scott Atlas has no expertise in public health or infectious disease mitigation.
 

He is a specialist in MRI's and is a member of the very conservative Hoover Institution.

I would like for the national media to only cover those portions of Trump's COVID-19 political campaign briefings that are the Q&A at the end.  Of course watching Trump stumble through the briefings show that he has not understanding of what someone else has written for him to read.  While other presidents had speech writers, those presidents at least had significant input into the speeches and read and understood them before reading them for the public.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1/2: DHS has sent a "response" in reaction to GAO's opinion concluding that Acting Secretary Wolf & Ken Cuccinelli were not lawfully appointed to their jobs.
 
It demands that GAO "immediately rescind" the opinion.
 
But the "most prominent[]" error it identifies is ... not an error.
 
2/2: DHS's central claim is that GAO should've focused on the fact that Nielsen *told* everyone McAleenan would succeed her (and then swore him in).
But if—as GAO concluded—she didn't correctly change the order of succession in the first place, nothing else she said/did matters.
 
:unsure:
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Mick Mulvaney: A Frustrated Wrecking Ball

The former top Trump official is seething that civil servants want to do their jobs well.

"Mick Mulvaney’s career reached its logical endpoint last week when he announced he’d started a new hedge fund focused on exploiting deep knowledge of regulatory trends in the financial services sector. “I can't think of anyone better to read the tea leaves, if you will, of what is going to come next from Congress or any one of the slew of federal regulators out there,” said Mulvaney’s new business partner Andrew Wessel, lending high praise to what amounts to official corruption.

There are few public sycophants quite as shameless as Mulvaney when it comes to doing the bidding of financial loan sharks. Thanks to his slavish devotion to the cult of personality around a president he once called “a terrible human being,”

Mulvaney has gone from being the payday-loan industry’s favorite congressman to Trump’s director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s internal destructor,  the acting White House chief of staff, and finally, the prestigious and rarefied job of Special Envoy for Northern Ireland.......

 

It might be a shock to hear that government is “not good” at financial deregulation, given how it’s seemingly the one thing that’s popular on both sides of the aisle. But Mulvaney’s complaint is instructive; he’s frustrated that the civil servants who actually make the executive branch run happen to care about doing their jobs properly.

"It’s an important point that bears repeating:

People who hate government tend not to be very good at it........."

the agency’s (CFPD) student loan ombudsman, Seth Frotman, quit with a highly public resignation letter

arguing “the bureau has abandoned the very consumers it is tasked by Congress with protecting. Instead, you have used the bureau to serve the wishes of the most powerful financial companies in America.”.........

https://prospect.org/power/mick-mulvaney-a-frustrated-wrecking-ball/

:(

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
So, what’s going on with Postmaster DeJoy, who appears to have done this same thing?
Why hasn’t his resignation been demanded, let alone offered?
 
Has DOJ opened an investigation that will be free of political influence? Seems to warrant a special counseL.
 
<_<
========================================================

(from 3-13-2014 )

Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets eight months for illegal U.S. campaign donations

"......John Junker, 58, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge David Campbell following a guilty plea two years ago to a felony conspiracy charge

stemming from the scheme in which employees contributed to the campaigns and were later reimbursed.

Junker was the public face of the bowl game for two decades before being fired three years ago following a scandal that rocked the state and threatened the bowl's place in college football. ..........

He could have faced 2-1/2 years in prison according to the plea agreement. Prosecutors had sought one year in prison and his attorney had asked for probation. Junker was ordered to report to federal prison on June 13. ........

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2014-03-13-sns-rt-us-usa-crime-fiestabowl-20140313-story.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr6666 said:
 
So, what’s going on with Postmaster DeJoy, who appears to have done this same thing?
Why hasn’t his resignation been demanded, let alone offered?
 
Has DOJ opened an investigation that will be free of political influence? Seems to warrant a special counseL.
 
<_<
========================================================

(from 3-13-2014 )

Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets eight months for illegal U.S. campaign donations

"......John Junker, 58, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge David Campbell following a guilty plea two years ago to a felony conspiracy charge

stemming from the scheme in which employees contributed to the campaigns and were later reimbursed.

Junker was the public face of the bowl game for two decades before being fired three years ago following a scandal that rocked the state and threatened the bowl's place in college football. ..........

He could have faced 2-1/2 years in prison according to the plea agreement. Prosecutors had sought one year in prison and his attorney had asked for probation. Junker was ordered to report to federal prison on June 13. ........

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2014-03-13-sns-rt-us-usa-crime-fiestabowl-20140313-story.html

 

I doubt Trump's Dept of Barr will open an investigation, not a real one anyway.  Congress is investigating and there is a distinct probability that the N.C. AG will also investigate as the DeJoy company is in N.C.

Congress could impeach DeJoy, but would take way too long.  He was NOT appointed by Trump.  He was appointed by the Postal Service's Board of Governors, who were appointed by Trump.  Of course, DeJoy was not even on the list of 53 potential candidates until someone mysteriously added him to the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Rick Perry and his staff at the Energy Department worked to advance energy deals that were potentially worth billions of dollars
 
to Perry’s friends and political donors,
 
a six-month investigation by reporters from Time, WNYC and ProPublica shows.
 
==========================================================
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Six senior Trump admin officials file whistleblower complaint over 'Voice of America' CEO

.......The complaint alleges Pack ordered a close aide to conduct research on the voting history of agency employees, including one of the complainants, Matthew Walsh, the deputy director for operations who was placed on administrative leave. The research “was to be utilized in evaluation of career civil servants' abilities to carry out the duties of their positions,” the complaint states. 

The complaint also alleges that Grant Turner, the chief financial officer placed on leave in August, started disclosing to the State inspector general concerns that Pack and Morvared Namdarkhan, the agency’s acting vice president for legal, were pressuring his office to withhold already appropriated funding from the agency’s Office of Cuba Broadcasting in violation of the Anti-Deficiency Act. 

Turner also expressed concerns that Pack “crossed the firewall” established to protect the journalistic independence of the agency’s news networks from interference or influence by political officials. The complaint alleges an Urdu journalist working for the agency was removed based upon Pack’s “disagreement with the political viewpoint of a piece on former Vice President [Joe] Biden.” .........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519061-six-senior-trump-admin-officials-file-whistleblower-complaint-over

<_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...