Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

Judge calls Devos student loan forgiveness process 'disturbingly Kafkaesque'

..........DeVos approved only 789 applications, denying 95 percent of the requests. Alsup noted in his ruling that the education secretary had previously approved 62 percent of applications in the first few months of her term.

The judge said that in most of the cases DeVos had not given sufficient explanation for rejecting the application.

"All may not be entitled to relief, but all are entitled to a comprehensible answer," Alsup wrote in the court order.  "For  eighteen months, the Secretary refused, largely on the grounds that such answers required backbreaking effort and, thus, substantial time. Now, the Secretary has begun issuing decisions at breakneck speed. But most are a perfunctory 'Insufficient Evidence' — without explanation."......

"The Secretary’s perfunctory denial notice does not explain the evidence reviewed or the law applied," Alsup wrote. "It provides no analysis. And, the borrower’s path forward rings disturbingly Kafkaesque."

The judge determined the manner in which the applications were processed violated the Administrative Procedure Act that requires her denial notices to not only include a decision, but "a meaningful statement of reasoning that could actually be reviewed for error."..........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/521971-judge-calls-devos-student-loan-forgiveness-process-disturbingly

<_<

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Judge calls Devos student loan forgiveness process 'disturbingly Kafkaesque'

..........DeVos approved only 789 applications, denying 95 percent of the requests. Alsup noted in his ruling that the education secretary had previously approved 62 percent of applications in the first few months of her term.

The judge said that in most of the cases DeVos had not given sufficient explanation for rejecting the application.

"All may not be entitled to relief, but all are entitled to a comprehensible answer," Alsup wrote in the court order.  "For  eighteen months, the Secretary refused, largely on the grounds that such answers required backbreaking effort and, thus, substantial time. Now, the Secretary has begun issuing decisions at breakneck speed. But most are a perfunctory 'Insufficient Evidence' — without explanation."......

"The Secretary’s perfunctory denial notice does not explain the evidence reviewed or the law applied," Alsup wrote. "It provides no analysis. And, the borrower’s path forward rings disturbingly Kafkaesque."

The judge determined the manner in which the applications were processed violated the Administrative Procedure Act that requires her denial notices to not only include a decision, but "a meaningful statement of reasoning that could actually be reviewed for error."..........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/521971-judge-calls-devos-student-loan-forgiveness-process-disturbingly

<_<

DeVos says it isn't Department of Education's job to track schools' coronavirus reopening plans

:rolleyes:
8 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I couldn't find her salary and it is a very difficult site to follow.  What is her salary and what did she make at Fox News?

I assume the  White House Press Secretary is a U.S. government job.     Therefore I assume there are salary min and maxes for the position like other government jobs.    OR,  can the Executive branch pay as much as they want from their annual budget?   (which I assume is an appropriation from the US government budget).

Sorry for so many assumptions but it is these inner workings of the government that interest me.      

E.g.  the paid government staff for the spouse of the President:     other than security personal I don't think taxpayers should paid a dime for such staff.     (I don't mean the cooks and others that are required to maintain the White House that service the President and their family).

As for Kayleigh:   She is earning every dime.    She is one of the best straight face liars of all time and that is job-requirement 101 when working for Trump!

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

Thread
Quote Tweet

gpuV1p0J_normal.jpg

Roger Sollenberger

@SollenbergerRC
· 3h
NEWS: Trump’s top campaign strategist has been hiding payments from a Steve Bannon nonprofit under investigation & taking campaign salary through another firm — pulling in up to $99,000 in one month but paying as little as $500 in child support. Me, @Salon https://salon.com/2020/11/03/trumps-top-campaign-strategist-jason-miller-is-hiding-payments-from-steve-bannon/
Show this thread