Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

The Appointments - Trump's Swamp

LOL. Hopefully travel restrictions will be lifting......

Airlines are already flying schduled flights.

In 2018 if the Dems can get their act together,  elect moderate pols in purple and red states, and the majority of Americans are against such cuts,   this can be a pathway to regaining power in Congress.

Yes, if the Dems get organized and include those groups they passed over this time.  They will need to emphasize Social Security, Medicare, better healthcare, reasonable assistance for education, believable support for veterans, infrastructure and JOBS.

• Like 1

Just when I'm reaching the age I can use it. :( Guess only the rich will be able to have access to health care........

I don't think they can tamper with the benefits of those already getting them, just those for new people reaching 65.

I don't think they can tamper with the benefits of those already getting them, just those for new people reaching 65.

That's what I'm afraid of. Not there yet. :(

Trump to Make Banker Steve Mnuchin Treasury Boss-

“Steve Mnuchin is the Forrest Gump of the financial crisis — he managed to participate in all the worst practices on Wall Street. He spent two decades at Goldman Sachs helping the bank peddle the same kind of mortgage products that blew up the economy and sucked down billions in taxpayer bailout money before he moved on to run a bank that was infamous for aggressively foreclosing on families.

His selection as Treasury Secretary should send shivers down the spine of every American who got hit hard by the financial crisis, and is the latest sign that Donald Trump has no intention of draining the swamp and every intention of running Washington to benefit himself and his rich buddies.”

-Sen. Elizabeth Warren

• Like 3

Trump to Make Banker Steve Mnuchin Treasury Boss-

“Steve Mnuchin is the Forrest Gump of the financial crisis — he managed to participate in all the worst practices on Wall Street. He spent two decades at Goldman Sachs helping the bank peddle the same kind of mortgage products that blew up the economy and sucked down billions in taxpayer bailout money before he moved on to run a bank that was infamous for aggressively foreclosing on families.

His selection as Treasury Secretary should send shivers down the spine of every American who got hit hard by the financial crisis, and is the latest sign that Donald Trump has no intention of draining the swamp and every intention of running Washington to benefit himself and his rich buddies.”

-Sen. Elizabeth Warren

Most of Trump's cabinet appointments are friends and business associates - who are just as rich as he is and who certainly have no interest in helping working class or middle class people.

This Mnuchin is probably responsible for putting a lot of middle-class people back into the working class and responsible for putting a lot of Working Class People Into the street, homeless, as he was responsible for innumerable foreclosures.

And Trump is the guy that the lower- class white people have selected to help them out. That would be so funny, if it wasn't so pathetic.

• Like 3

And Trump is the guy that the lower- class white people have selected to help them out. That would be so funny, if it wasn't so pathetic.

Oh Princess, you know you are enjoying every moment of this Greek Tragic-Comedy. Just think of all of the fun that people many decades in the future will enjoy reading in their history "books" (if such things still exist). The story will all be about how one country's destiny was determined by a certain Access Hollywood bus. Look on the bright side. Two and half million MORE still voted for HER instead of HIM even though their votes didn't count thanks to our backward system. That won't work to HIS benefit four years from now unless he happens to morph into Mother Teresa all of the sudden and the Democrats pick somebody really moronic to compete against him.

• Like 1

Speaking of Trump's appointments---

I was getting the impression that Trump made his decisions based on:

The harder he had to pull to get someone's LIPS off his azz, the more likely they were to get the job.

Sepiatone

Speaking of Trump's appointments---

I was getting the impression that Trump made his decisions based on:

The harder he had to pull to get someone's LIPS off his azz, the more likely they were to get the job.

Sepiatone

He seems to be appointing orr considering a lot of generals, even though he knows more than the generals, believe him.

He seems to be appointing orr considering a lot of generals, even though he knows more than the generals, believe him.

Interesting that Gov. Haley's biggest mistake was that she appointed retired military officers as agency heads.  They didn't last long.

One of the problems with retired military officers is that they spent their careers in a very insular system that is a virtual dictatorship. That's how the military works, but it gives you little training or experience for dealing with civilians, civilian agencies, politicians at all levels, etc.

Eisenhower, Marshall and Powell were succesful because they were actually politicians in the military and learned the art of working with others and compromise.  Powell not so well though.

It seems that Trump is "draining the swamp" by taking the biggest alligators, snakes and other predators out and placing them in his government.

• Like 1

They can do anything they want, just traditionally have not done it.  The issue would be whether or not the Trump Supreme Court ruled that the current beneficiaries had a "contract" with the government.  Good luck with that.

It also comes down to how much each person has to pay for Part B of Medicare, how much Medicare reimburses on Part A and B, etc.  All that is subject to change at the will of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.  Trump appointed Seema Verma to head it and along with Tom Price at HHS, current beneficiaries can expect major increases in their "cost-sharing."

Example:  when I joined the Army, I would receive a pension and free medical care for myself and dependents if I stayed 20 years. Surprise!  They have been chipping away at the medical for last 20 years or more.  The Republicans in Congress are determined to reduce both pensions and medical benefits.  Same with the VA, but not quite as obvious.

They can do anything they want, just traditionally have not done it.  The issue would be whether or not the Trump Supreme Court ruled that the current beneficiaries had a "contract" with the government.  Good luck with that.

It also comes down to how much each person has to pay for Part B of Medicare, how much Medicare reimburses on Part A and B, etc.  All that is subject to change at the will of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.  Trump appointed Seema Verma to head it and along with Tom Price at HHS, current beneficiaries can expect major increases in their "cost-sharing."

Example:  when I joined the Army, I would receive a pension and free medical care for myself and dependents if I stayed 20 years. Surprise!  They have been chipping away at the medical for last 20 years or more.  The Republicans in Congress are determined to reduce both pensions and medical benefits.  Same with the VA, but not quite as obvious.

They dont have to worry about THEIR benefits. (paid for buy us)..........

Oh Princess, you know you are enjoying every moment of this Greek Tragic-Comedy. Just think of all of the fun that people many decades in the future will enjoy reading in their history "books" (if such things still exist). The story will all be about how one country's destiny was determined by a certain Access Hollywood bus. Look on the bright side. Two and half million MORE still voted for HER instead of HIM even though their votes didn't count thanks to our backward system. That won't work to HIS benefit four years from now unless he happens to morph into Mother Teresa all of the sudden and the Democrats pick somebody really moronic to compete against him.

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years  (hopefully we will). We'll be dealing with President Pence. Nothing to hope for there either.

• Like 1

Most of Trump's cabinet appointments are friends and business associates - who are just as rich as he is and who certainly have no interest in helping working class or middle class people.

This Mnuchin is probably responsible for putting a lot of middle-class people back into the working class and responsible for putting a lot of Working Class People Into the street, homeless, as he was responsible for innumerable foreclosures.

So much for draining the swamp. Business as usual with the Dumpster!

Withdrawing benefits would be EXTREMELY controversial.

Withdrawing benefits would be EXTREMELY controversial.

You think they care???

If they don't want to get voted out of office, they will.

They have a mandate, remember? :D

Dont worry, he's not going to last 4 years  (hopefully we will). We'll be dealing with President Pence. Nothing to hope for there either.

It would not surprise me in the least if both Pence and Paul Ryan secretly plan to get him impeached just so they can take power.

Already the Republican control of the government has taken effect before Führer Trump has taken office. Once again, in the name of "security" a.k.a. Trump's Law & Order, the FBI has expanded its powers even more so than under Bush the Second. Make sure there isn't anything you are doing on your computer or cell phone that is private that you want to keep private. Any nudie-cutie site you look up on Google or any questionable email you send can now be used against you in a court of law.

This, of course, is the biased LIBERAL news take on it. I haven't checked how Fox News and Breitbart are reporting this. They may see it as a GOOD thing to Keep America Safe.

• Like 1

Giuliani, in a walk. He now belongs in a home.

Indeed, he belongs in a home for the Racist and the Ignorant-- Or just make it a place where people who were born liars go when they get old.

• Like 1

It would not surprise me in the least if both Pence and Paul Ryan secretly plan to get him impeached just so they can take power.

Already the Republican control of the government has taken effect before Führer Trump has taken office. Once again, in the name of "security" a.k.a. Trump's Law & Order, the FBI has expanded its powers even more so than under Bush the Second. Make sure there isn't anything you are doing on your computer or cell phone that is private that you want to keep private. Any nudie-cutie site you look up on Google or any questionable email you send can now be used against you in a court of law.

This, of course, is the biased LIBERAL news take on it. I haven't checked how Fox News and Breitbart are reporting this. They may see it as a GOOD thing to Keep America Safe.

This reminds me of what happened to the Republican leadership in the House when they were trying to impeach Bill Clinton. They all turned on each other like a mob of cannibal hungry rats.

• Like 1

Indeed, he belongs in a home for the Racist and the Ignorant-- Or just make it a place where people who were born liars go when they get old.

Giuliani belongs in a Home for the ____________. (Supply your own word). He would fit like a glove into many categories of "homes".

• Like 2