Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Fun....Which Classic Actor.......

movielover11

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck?

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck?

3. Which classic actor had the best physique?

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste?

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice?

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with?

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive?

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films?

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard?

10. Which classic actor was most overated?

> 1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up

> behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a

> kiss on the back of the neck?

Gary Cooper

> 2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up

Clark Gable. Eek...

> 3. Which classic actor had the best physique?

Gene Kelly (Runner up: Cary Grant)

> 4. Which classic actor looked like they needed

> deodorant and a tube of toothpaste?

LOL I'll have to think on that one!

> 5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive

> voice?

Uh... Cary Grant! (Runners up: William Powell, Gary Cooper, or Marlon Brando)

> 6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a

> movie with?

Fred Astaire

> 7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive?

Clark Gable

> 8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to

> another channel because you can't stand to watch his

> films?

Uh... Clark Gable

> 9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle

> with during a blizzard?

Robert Montgomery. Sheesh...

> 10. Which classic actor was most overated?

Humphrey Bogart *dodges bullets*

:) How fun! I want to answer more...

bhf1940

If my boyfriend was an actor I would choose him first, but since he's not - Marlon Brando.

> kiss on the back of the neck? Nelson Eddy, Mickey Rooney

> 3. Which classic actor had the best physique? Robert Mitchum

> deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? Mickey Rooney

> voice? John Wayne not in a good way

> movie with? Humphrey Bogart

> 7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Mickey Rooney

> films? Van Johnson

> with during a blizzard? Errol Flynn

> 10. Which classic actor was most overated? David Niven

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Gregory Peck

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Victor Mature

3. Which classic actor had the best physique? Marlon Brando - in his early days - nobody can beat that body!!

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? Robert Mitchum

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice? Marlon Brando, James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne...can't decide between them.

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with? Jimmy Stewart

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Peter Lorre

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films? John Wayne

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard? Marlon Brando

10. Which classic actor was most overated? Humphrey Bogart

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? I can only pick one??? I guess I'll say Paul Newman

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Robert Mitchum

3. Which classic actor had the best physique? I'll say Marlon Brando

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? Dustin Hoffman

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice? John Wayne

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with? Richard Widmark

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Richard Burton & Mickey Rooney - it's a toss-up

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films? John Wayne

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard? I'll take most of them except - Edward G. Robinson and Sidney Greenstreet and Mickey Rooney

10. Which classic actor was most overated? Bogart and Cary Grant

Frank Sinatra

>

Melvyn Douglass and Marlon Brando

>

> 3. Which classic actor had the best physique?

Frank Sinatra (I know, to each his own!)

>

> deodorant and a tube of toothpaste?

John Garfield

>

> voice?

Too many to pick just one! Ronald Colman, Herbert Marshall, Eric Blore, Claude Rains, Peter Lorre

>

> movie with?

As my costar: Robert Montgomery, Alan Ladd or Joel McCrea

As my supporting costars: Eric Blore, Edward Everett Horton, Walter Brennan, Spring Byington

>

> 7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive?

Melvyn Douglass, Fred Macmurray (though "Too Many Husbands" was delightful nonetheless) and Robert Ryan

>

> films?

Charleton Heston, Clint Eastwood, and Jerry Lewis

>

> with during a blizzard?

Frank Sinatra (Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!)

>

> 10. Which classic actor was most overated?

Jerry Lewis

Thanks again movielover for another round of fun! I'm very much looking forward to your next batch of questions!

Message was edited by:

SinatraFan86

Great questions!

1. give you a kiss on the back of the neck?......Bela Lugosi, but only in 1931 and Warren William from 1920 on........ :)

2. NOT like...give you a kiss on the back of the neck?.....it would turn me into a block of ice........Gregory Peck. brrrrrrrr.

3. the best physique?........none really, I didn't like the silly 'shirts off no chest hair pants up to their armpits' physiques...Victor McLaughlin perhaps?

4. needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste?.....hmmmm, not sure on this one.

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice?......Eugene Pallette.

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with?...drumroll...Warren William.

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive?....a tie -- Marlon Brando/John Wayne.

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films?.....no contest, John Wayne, pilgrim.

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard?....Warren William.

10. Which classic actor was most overated?.....Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando.

Not a Brando fan Stoneyburke???? LOL

You really think he was the most unattractive actor - even in Streetcar Named Desire??? Maybe I need my glasses adjusted, but I thought he was just about the finest looking male species I've ever seen back in the old days.

I agree with you on John Wayne though. I laughed at your answer for #2 - I wouldn't mind having Gregory Peck kiss the back of my neck....

I must take more notice of Warren William......thanks for your answers - I'm glad you enjoyed my questions.

I did, movielover11, a fun thread.

Yes, you know all those pictures of Brando and Cooper and Gable? They leave me colder than a refrigerated mackerel.

Whereas the little upturned smirk from Robert Montgomery or of course Warren William (even with his stereotyped persona in most of his movies) turn me into a puddle of goo.

Funny how that is, isn't it? Of course there are those who liked Cooper and Gable and Brando and Taylor and Dietrich and Garbo and there are those who didn't. That's what is fun about this place, finding out who made which posters go gah-gah! :)

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck?

Pass. Too creepy.

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck?

Pass. Too creepy.

3. Which classic actor had the best physique?

John Wayne, circa 1930-1942. As a youngster, he had a form that might've prompted Praxiteles to sculpt after a lull of over two thousand years. Just watch him in The Big Trail (1930), if you don't believe me.

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste?

Pass. Oh, maybe, Wallace Beery.

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice?

A mellifluous trio: Claude Rains, Edmund Gwenn or Herbert Marshall.

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with?

Ronald Colman, John Garfield or James Cagney. I like short guys--don't believe Colman was 5'10" as listed on IMDb, and we know about the other fellas. And imagine what a "learning experience" it would be?.

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive?

A tie: Franchot Tone or Louis Hayward.

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films?

Wallace Beery

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard?

John Lodge. Terrible actor, but he was a big boy, who could keep ya cozy--especially if he was as hirsute as he was in The Scarlet Empress(1934). Failing him, I'll take Buck, the St. Bernard dog from The Call of the Wild (1935). Or Lassie, though the lovely collie sheds enough to give me a fur ball.

10. Which classic actor was most overated?

Probably Laurence Olivier. A giant on stage, but only occasionally brilliant on film.

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Buster Crabbe

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Charles Laughton

3. Which classic actor had the best physique? Marlon Brando

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? Herbert Lom

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice? John Wayne

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with? James Cagney

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Edward G. Robinson

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard? Paul Newman

10. Which classic actor was most overated? Bogart

These are such fun!!!

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Robert Montgomery that would be fun! Steve McQueen that would be yum!

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Yuck how icky- Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, Woody Allen.

3. Which classic actor had the best physique? Burt Lancaster seconded by Victor Mature

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? I hate to think of him as a classic actor but Woody Allen comes to mind.

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice? Claude Rains, Peter Lorre, Orson Wells, Vincent Price - there are just tons of answers for this question

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with? Claude Rains

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Sterling Hayden

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films? Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Marlon Brando, Woody Allen

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard? Kirk Douglas wouldn't be a bad choice, John Garfield, Tyrone Power, Tony Curtis

10. Which classic actor was most overated? I agree with Stoney - Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando

• 2 weeks later...

1. Which classic actor would you like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Tyrone Power. I have chills just thinking about it.

2. Which classic actor would you NOT like to walk up behind you, massage your shoulders and give you a kiss on the back of the neck? Richard Widmark - I like him but I would suspect an ulterior motive.

3. Which classic actor had the best physique? William Holden in Sunset Boulevard. Cowabunga

4. Which classic actor looked like they needed deodorant and a tube of toothpaste? Wallace Beery

5. Which classic actor had the most distinctive voice? Humphrey Bogart.

6. Which classic actor would you like to be cast in a movie with? Laurence Olivier

7. Which classic actor was the most unattractive? Wallace Beery

8. Which classic actor do you immediatly switch to another channel because you can't stand to watch his films? Cornel Wilde. A short thing with a face like a roadmap in "Leave Her to Heaven." Never saw the appeal except as Chopin.

9. Which classic actor would you most like to snuggle with during a blizzard? Tyrone Power

10. Which classic actor was most overated? Gary Cooper - I absolutely love him but I think his range was quite limited.

What's with the Brando-hating? Great actor...no best actor I've seen (check out "Friends Romans Countrymen" speech in Julius Caesar and A Streetcar named desire for proof) and he had a sexy hot body back in the day too.

Cary Grant is not overrated either. His comic timing in Bringing up baby and Arsenic and old lace is not easy to pull off. He's supremely talented. I tend to feel Bogart is a little overrated and Montgomery Clift is a lot underrated these days.

Carrot27 - couldn't agree more!!!! Marlon Brando was HOT and such a great actor too. He's the best looking man I've ever seen - especially in Streetcar Named Desire, The Men, Julius Caesar, the Wild One and On The Waterfront. He was stunning to look at back then. His performances were captivating and I agree that he was the best actor I've seen!!

I see you and I are Brandophiles. I so glad I'm not the only one. And yes he is the best looking man I've ever seen in my life. If I was on set with him in that ripped wet t-shirt I would have passed out.

Paul Newman is my 2nd best looking man. The Long Hot Summer was definitely hot. I ask, do Paul Newman and Brando really need to wear shirts,ever???

I like Marlon Brando too - count me in!!!

I would have loved to play the part of Kim Hunter as Stella coming down those steps to Brando in the wet, torn tee-shirt. I think my knees would have buckled as he kissed me. I also would have liked to play the part of Edie in On the Waterfront and get that great kiss from Brando. He was just about the best looking male species I've seen.

Paul Newman is a close second. I think he had a perfect face - great blue eyes and lips. His body was okay...but Brando's physique was a bit better...in my opinion of course.

> 1. Which classic movie did you fall asleep on even

> though it was said to be a timeless classic?

Love Finds Andy Hardy

>

> 2. Which classic movie would you like to co-star

> in?

> Out of the Past (Tourneur- Kathy first half: good, second half: bad)

One of Jane Greer's greatest.

> 3. If your house was on fire and you could only save

> 1 DVD, which movie would you save?

Toss up : Brief Encounter or The Ghost and Mrs. Muir

(I guess I have commitment problems.)

> 4. Which classic film really grew on you after

> initially disliking the film?

Yankee Doodle Dandy

>

> 5. Which classic film line is your favorite?

How vivid! (Auntie Mame)

>

> 6. Which classic film had the most ridiculous

> title?

A Girl, A Guy and a Gob

>

> 7. Which classic film had the best cast with lots of

> well-known stars?

Alice in Wonderland, The Great Escape

>

> 8. Which classic film is most underated?

Saratoga Trunk, Torch Singer

>

> 9. Which classic film is way too long and should be

> shortened?

The English Patient (sorry, not" classic" enough.)

Razor's Edge ( I enjoyed it, but it was too LLLLLooooonnnnnggg.)

>

> 10. Which classic film is too overated?

High Noon (I felt Kelly made it too "pat" because of the age difference.)

>

> 11. If you could produce a classic film, what

> actors/actresses would you cast and what would the

> film be about? Robert Mitchum, , Ingrid

Bergman, , S.Z. Sakall, Florence Bates,

Lee Marvin, Peter Lorre, Elisha Cook, Jr., and Warner Oland.

A film noir about two lovers struggling to thwart

uranium smugglers aboard a cruise liner bound from

the Orient for San Francisco as they realize their love for each other

while fending off the other scene-stealers.

>

> 12. If you had to do a love scene with a classic

> actor/actress, who would it be?

Robert Mitchum/Gary Cooper toss up