Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies that would be better without their ending.

Pieces is an almost perfect trashy gory psychologically interesting early 1980s horror film. The corpse's hand reaching up and grabbing Ian Sera's crotch (and presumably castrating him) at the end is a bridge too far.

Well, so much for that one. When it comes on I'll work a crossword puzzle and keep and eye for the big payoff (sorry, Ian).

;)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Blondie of the Follies (1932), shown last Tuesday, is my favorite Marion Davies movie.  With a story by Frances Marion, Davies and Billy Dove deliver Anita Loos' dialog with naturalness and informality rare even today.  It's one of the earliest and best depictions of frenemies on screen, stopping just short of death.  When you cross that line, you probably have to leave frenemy behind.  The storybook ending doesn't take anything away from the movie, but you could easily loose the last scene.  It would even lend Blondie nobility, closing the doors on her gold-digger digs to lead a life of self-sacrifice and service to others.  You know, I have a high regard for Marion Davies, she was a fine actress, but it was hard to take my eyes off of Billie Dove:

e8d4b792870b9f804ea3d485d77a2edb--black-

• Like 1