Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

POPEYE made me wonder....

Sepiatone

TCM showing the old POPEYE MEETS ALI BABA and his 40 THIEVES made me think of something...

Weren't there 40 BANDITOS led by Calvera in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN?

And since that movie was a remake of the Japanese classic SEVEN SAMURAI, I confess not knowing how many bandits they were fighting in THAT movie, but if it too, was 40, makes one wonder just where DID the whole idea COME FROM?

Sepiatone

Regarding Popeye, I'm wondering, this is the new 3D movie...

..but is someone working on this concept.  It's going viral.  I like it!

Popeye%2B2016%2BFull%2BMovie%2BDownload%

The trailer was a promo on what they were planning, but that got cancelled for some reason. The poster is just a fan art, not related to the trailer. I wish someone would make a Popeye movie or some sort again, bring him back in the limelight for a new generation of fans.

HEY! All I know is that when I was a kid and my mom would serve CANNED spinach for dinner, the ONLY reason I ate the stuff was because of this guy.

(...it wouldn't be until I was older and out on my own that I'd discover that FRESH spinach didn't have to taste like a freakin' can and didn't have to be all mushy like that) 

The Arabian Nights.

Yeah, I knew that.

But as usual, I get an answer that's NOT relevant to the question.

Unless, you ARE stating THAT'S where KUROSAWA also got some of the inspiration?

As for Popeye, That new one up there looks kinda weird.  Sure, a BETTER looking Popeye might please some, but there really needs to be a better looking OLIVE OYL!  But no need to go OVERBOARD with it.

Sepiatone

HEY! All I know is that when I was a kid and my mom would serve CANNED spinach for dinner, the ONLY reason I ate the stuff was because of this guy.

(...it wouldn't be until I was older and out on my own that I'd discover that FRESH spinach didn't have to taste like a freakin' can and didn't have to be all mushy like that) 

did yur mucles grow big?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings