Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCid

Future of Democratic Party?

20 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Good points;   Yea,   a few days back I wasn't as pessimistic about Sanders' changes of winning the Dem primary as you were,  but now I'm there;  Sanders has really made some bonehead moves that will be hard to recover from.

Related to the Dem Presidential contest;   I wonder how much singular (or very narrow), historical 'goofs' will impact candidates.    E.g. CNN is providing a lot of coverage to the CA widow of a slain police officer that Harris refused to seek the death penalty for.    The coverage is designed to frame Harris has uncaring and much more interested in political grandstanding then 'serving her constituents.  E.g. she didn't talk to his women prior to holding a press conferencing announcing her decision.

Of course every candidate has some singular historical 'goofs';  I have no idea how much of an impact these will have on Dem primary voters once the gloves come off and each candidate tries to claim 'mine were not as bad as yours!'.

PS:  As for 'goofs',  I'm mostly referring to human interest type stories and the FEELINGS related to them that are not directly related to policy stances (e.g. will those that agree with Harris that there shouldn't be a death penalty still dismiss her based on how she handled this case,  and how this wife FELT?).

As for goofs, apparently Biden is the king of them from what I have heard.   The Dems just do not have any really outstanding candidates.  While I like Uncle Joe, he just comes across as another old white guy.

I am just afraid the Dems will select some young, personable, likable person who gets creamed by the GOP/Trump machine.

4 hours ago, TheCid said:

As for goofs, apparently Biden is the king of them from what I have heard.   The Dems just do not have any really outstanding candidates.  While I like Uncle Joe, he just comes across as another old white guy.

I am just afraid the Dems will select some young, personable, likable person who gets creamed by the GOP/Trump machine.

Yea,  I had the T.V. on but was doing other things and all I heard was that Biden made some comments in the 70s related to blacks and working with Republicans.  

As for who else is there?    Klobuchar might have the right stuff but I don't think she can win in coastal blue states. 

On 4/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, TalkTalk123 said:

How the hell is that gaslighting? "Gaslighting" and "literally" have to be the most misused terms today.

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

How the hell is that gaslighting? "Gaslighting" and "literally" have to be the most misused terms today.

How about a Hot Steaming Dump

Another column from Steve and Cokie Roberts predicting how Trump could easily win in 2020.  Basically, Sanders and Warren and their supporters will hurt the Dems. chances in 2010.  Sanders' supporters have proven how unreliable and politically naive they are.  They threw the election in 2016 by not voting for Clinton.  Also, Sanders is actually against the Dem. Party as he has shown on many occasions.

"Sanders says he is running to complete a “political revolution” he started in 2016, but at its core, this is not a revolutionary country. This is a moderate center-right country, and the only successful Democrats in the last half-century -- Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama -- ran on more pragmatic and less ideological platforms than the ones Sanders and Warren are advancing.

The lessons of history are clear. If Democrats really want to get rid of Trump, they should focus on the next election, not the last one. And they should nominate someone who can actually win -- a pragmatist, not a purist. Any Democrat who supports Sanders or Warren should remember McGovern and Mondale, and the two Republicans they lost to: Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan."

https://www.uexpress.com/cokie-and-steven-roberts/2019/4/24/the-lessons-of-history