Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

After the demo, they're going to a tiki party at the frat house.

That's funny you should say that.

It reminds me of the TKE's. They had the nerdiest, geekiest frat on my college campus.

Now three innocent people have been murdered in this white supremacist race riot in Charlottesville, Virginia, including two Virginia State Police Officers.

"That's why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he's going to take our country back."

David Duke, Charlottesville's white supremacist riot,

August 12th 2017

VA Gov. McAuliffe to white nationalists:

"You will not succeed. There is no place for you here. There is no place for you in America."

Except for the White House, apparently.

• Like 3

That's funny you should say that.

It reminds me of the TKE's. They had the nerdiest, geekiest frat on my college campus.

I never associated frats with nerd or geeks. From my limited

experience, they were best described as affluent good ol'

boys, though I suppose a couple of nerds might have snuck

in. After all, the brothers couldn't steal the tests from every class.

45]5g0FC8XX_bigger.jpgBarack ObamaVerified account @BarackObama

More

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..."

"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..."

"...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela

World Humanitarian

First Native-born Black African President of South Africa

Prisoner of the Apartheid Regime for 27 years

• Like 1

Tragic in that the riot is somewhat over shadowing the police helicopter crash.  Unknown at present why it went down, said to been hovering above houses in a wooded area.  Before anyone start tossing blame, wait until the NTSB gives their report and pay respect to the officers killed.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/12/police-helicopter-crashes-near-violent-white-supremacist-rally/

18a02a08-37b9-412d-bcdc-32c5bad00a1b-lar

598f783bfc7e93954a8b4567.jpg

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 1

Let's get a couple of things straight here. I just deal in the facts. Those two state police officers never would have been in the situation that they were in if not for the white supremist rally.

And also for the record - - I have discussed their tragic deaths on another thread. If you missed it you can search for it.

I mentioned them and that was my way of showing respect for them. Do you have a problem with that?

Those are the facts.

• Like 1

45]leN1zJJx_bigger.jpgHillary ClintonVerified account @HillaryClinton

More

My heart is in Charlottesville today, and with everyone made to feel unsafe in their country.

But the incitement of hatred that got us here is as real and condemnable as the white supremacists in our streets.

Every minute we allow this to persist through tacit encouragement or inaction is a disgrace, & corrosive to our values.

• Like 3

Let's get a couple of things straight here. I just deal in the facts. Those two state police officers never would have been in the situation that they were in if not for the white supremist rally.

And also for the record - - I have discussed their tragic deaths on another thread. If you missed it you can search for it.

I mentioned them and that was my way of showing respect for them. Do you have a problem with that?

Those are the facts.

Fact is, I haven't look through ALL the countless threads yet. The helicopter could had crash regardless. No one knows WHY it crashed!

And why would I have a problem with you posting this (helicopter crash) in another thread, I'm yet to read? Geeze what a hothead!

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 1

Fact is, I haven't look through ALL the countless threads yet. The helicopter could had crash regardless. no one knows WHY it crashed!

And why would I have a problem with you posting this in another thread, I'm yet to read? Geeze what a hothead!

And for the record, I have no problems with your pejorative comments about me.

As for myself, I have enough sophistication to keep my personal thoughts about you to myself. LOL

• Like 1

45]6bUFtWPG_bigger.jpgMaggie HabermanVerified account @maggieNYT

More

The word "Jew" being used as an epithet over last 15 hours. POTUS has Jewish grandchildren who are descendants of Holocaust sufferers.

The strong Anti-Semitic attacks at the white nationalist rally today in Charlottesville were simply appalling to listen to on video. They weren't just racist slurs, they were attacks of a Holocaustic nature.

It surely has me bewildered as to why Trump didn't mention this since his daughter has married into an Orthodox Jewish Family who descend from Holocaust Survivors.

Holocaust Survivors came to America to escape Nazis and to raise their families in Freedom. The whole internationally televised rally of swastikas and Nazi salutes must be truly awful for those surviving Holocaust Survivors and their families to have to watch.

My heart goes out to them.

• Like 1

The strong Anti-Semitic attacks at the white nationalist rally today in Charlottesville were simply appalling to listen to on video. They weren't just racist slurs, they were attacks of a Holocaustic nature.

It surely has me bewildered as to why Trump didn't mention this since his daughter has married into an Orthodox Jewish Family who descend from Holocaust Survivors.

Holocaust Survivors came to America to escape Nazis and to raise their families in Freedom. The whole internationally televised rally of swastikas and Nazi salutes must be truly awful for those surviving Holocaust Survivors and their families to have to watch.

My heart goes out to them.

I'm puzzled is what do Jews have to do with the Robert E. Lee statue which the protest were originally about? :blink:

Neo Nazis and other OUTSIDERS whom came in to cause trouble don't care about it, only to provoke violence.

People whom attended at first were both for and against the removal, the protest started off peacefully.

lee-wes-bellamy2-660x335-1458661213.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Edited by hamradio

I'm puzzled is what do Jews have to do with the Robert E. Lee statue which the protest were originally about? :blink:

Neo Nazis whom came in to cause trouble don't care about it, only to provoke violence.

The protest started off peacefully and people which attended were both for and against the removal.

unnamed-2.jpg

I'm sure there are people on this website who are more knowledgeable and have intellectually studied about a lot of things, including about the roots of Aryan or white supremacy or racism or whatever you want to call it.

But my basic understanding is that Jews play a large part in their philosophy to begin with. If a person is a theoretical racist, they always start with anti-Semitism as the basis of their hatred.

It goes beyond the history of the United States or anything like that --it's some kind of a philosophy that has been formulated over the centuries.

For more, I'm sure someone who has read more about it more than me, will step up.

What little I know, I learned from doing research on the ugly wave of 19th century Anti-Semitism in The Dreyfus Affair in France.

Maybe you have seen the movie about Emile Zola, a popular novelist, who stood up for Dreyfus, the Jewish officer-- J'Accuse or I Accuse.

Also they cover this in the Warner Brothers movie starring Paul Muni as Zola in The Life of Emile Zola.

Race or ethnic hatred is apparently a philosophy and one that Adolph Hitler adhered to.

• Like 1

I'm puzzled is what do Jews have to do with the Robert E. Lee statue which the protest were originally about? 

Neo Nazis whom came in to cause trouble don't care about it, only to provoke violence.  

The statue was just a focal point. If you read the "mission statement" of the event organizers, the purpose of the rally was to re-establish white male dominance in the US, to "fight for white culture as the national identity of the US". All "alt-right", white nationalist, and white supremacist groups were invited and encouraged to attend. Thus you had KK Klan walking side by side with neo-Nazis side by side with far-right "culture warriors". The event was heavily promoted on white supremacists websites and message boards. And the parading participants starting shouting racial and anti-Semitic epithets, neither of which were shouted down by the other participants. 

As a white male, I do not consider Robert E. Lee my culture. A part of history, yes, but not a piece of my cultural identity. And as a white, Southern male, I despise being lumped in with these knuckle-dragging maggots. You should, too.

• Like 5

The statue was just a focal point. If you read the "mission statement" of the event organizers, the purpose of the rally was to re-establish white male dominance in the US, to "fight for white culture as the national identity of the US". All "alt-right", white nationalist, and white supremacist groups were invited and encouraged to attend. Thus you had KK Klan walking side by side with neo-Nazis side by side with far-right "culture warriors". The event was heavily promoted on white supremacists websites and message boards. And the parading participants starting shouting racial and anti-Semitic epithets, neither of which were shouted down by the other participants. 

As a white male, I do not consider Robert E. Lee my culture. A part of history, yes, but not a piece of my cultural identity. And as a white, Southern male, I despise being lumped in with these knuckle-dragging maggots. You should, too.

I am proud to be a West Virginian - a state that said NO to the Confederacy and YES to the Union.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/west-virginia-the-state-that-said-no/2011/03/30/AFLxJrQD_story.html?utm_term=.25838d6d1566

wvz2.png

I am proud to be a West Virginian - a state that said NO to the Confederacy and YES to the Union.

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the US and the Civil War, and I'm happy to hear that you voted not to join the Confederacy. Do you think that vote would go the same way today?

As you were defending the alt-right protesters, I took that as an indication that they are where your sympathies lie. Do you feel "white culture" is under attack in this country and in danger of being extinguished? 

• Like 2

Yes, I'm aware of the history of the US and the Civil War, and I'm happy to hear that you voted not to join the Confederacy. Do you think that vote would go the same way today?

As you were defending the alt-right protesters, I took that as an indication that they are where your sympathies lie. Do you feel "white culture" is under attack in this country and in danger of being extinguished? 

White culture is not being extinguished, that's just plain paranoia.  I  defend only PEACEFUL protest whether if it's from the right or the left.  Protesting is not a one way street

• Like 1

From the footage I saw last night, this was pretty much the usual

dust up that sometimes happens when two opposed groups get

in close quarters to one another. Things start to be thrown, and 

then people start throwing fists, usually off balance and without

much damage. 

I was amused by part of the statement that McAuliffe made yesterday.

These white supremacists aren't patriots, like Washington and

Jefferson were. Might want to come up with better examples than

those two, who only prove that white supremacists can be patriots.

From the footage I saw last night, this was pretty much the usual

dust up that sometimes happens when two opposed groups get

in close quarters to one another. Things start to be thrown, and 

then people start throwing fists, usually off balance and without

much damage. 

I was amused by part of the statement that McAuliffe made yesterday.

These white supremacists aren't patriots, like Washington and

Jefferson were. Might want to come up with better examples than

those two, who only prove that white supremacists can be patriots.

I'm sure the British (legal government in America) did not view Washington and Jefferson as patriots.  Lest we forget, Lincoln was also a white supremacist who believed the blacks should be sent back to Africa and never should be allowed to vote.

I'm sure the British (legal government in America) did not view Washington and Jefferson as patriots.  Lest we forget, Lincoln was also a white supremacist who believed the blacks should be sent back to Africa and never should be allowed to vote.

Of course McAuliffe was talking about U.S. patriots. And as governor of

Virginia, it's not surprising that Washington and Jefferson came to mind.

Still not the best examples if one wants to separate white supremacy

from patriotism. Lincoln was one too. I'd guess that many American

presidents were pre-WW II.

White culture is not being extinguished, that's just plain paranoia. I defend only PEACEFUL protest whether if it's from the right or the left. Protesting is not a one way street

I want to make one thing perfectly clear here. The white supremist came in battle dress with weapons. They came to fight and to hurt people who were not armed.

When I saw how they were dressed it was totally frightening to me and I wasn't on the scene. Those people who did the peaceful protest against fascism and white racism deserve to be applauded for their courage. They stayed even though they could see that there was an obvious Direct attack planned against them.

Fortunately more people were not hurt, but it's very unfortunate that one person who stood up for the Constitution and democracy was murdered.

She standing is up now standing up for all of us--even for those who don't have the courage to see the reality of what happened.

• Like 3