Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Racism in Trump's America

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

You can't make this up. He's like a caricature of himself. :lol: 

trump's backward and ignorant rhetoric about race belongs in a circa1950s --60s Museum in an audio exhibit demonstrating what the average racist of that time would say and think.

They could use that Disney plastic robot and actually have the words coming out of his mouth:

"Mexicans are rapists."

"Blacks have nothing to lose."

And when Congressman John Lewis was nearly beaten  to death at that Selma Bridge during a nonviolent civil rights march,

the Trump dummy would say--

" There were bad people on both sides."

Trump is just a typical racist from 60 years ago-- he and his whole mindset belong in a museum depicting how far this country has come away from the old Jim Crow Era.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, TomJH said:

This posting in Jake's thread got a "like" from Nip. That says it all.

Trump Calls Haiti, African Nations                  ‘****’ Countries

President Donald Trump questioned senators in an Oval Office meeting Thursday on why the U.S. accepts immigrants from “**** countries” like Haiti, El Salvador and African nations rather than places like Norway, according to two people briefed on the conversation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-11/trump-said-to-call-haiti-african-nations-****-countries

mf1017.jpg

On 1/11/2018 at 6:00 PM, TomJH said:

ku-klux-klan-1991-cross-burning-752x501.

These "nostalgic" photos of the Ku Klux Klan definitely belong alongside of trump's Jim Crow Era thinking  in a Jim Crow Museum, along with all those Confederate statues.

10 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump appoints another racist.  What a surprise.  From the WP ...

‘I just don’t like Muslim people’: Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist and anti-gay remarks
Carl Higbie, a senior official at the agency that runs AmeriCorps, had a history of disparaging minority groups during radio and podcast appearances.
By Eli Rosenberg  •   Read more »

Sadly, Trump's attitude isn't "from a 50's Museum" but still shared by other idiots.
It's hard to believe, but since that A-Hat's been in office, I've heard many other people talk that way!
Amazingly, these same people secretly hated Obama as our president, but were just too afraid to say so, knowing it was an "unpopular" opinion. Trump in the White House has only "emboldened" them out of the closet.
I dislike this President for several reasons, but his racist remarks & attitude make me truly hate him.

• Like 2

I don't like people that don't believe in the separation of church and state which would be all religious fundamentalist.     In many countries they are Catholics (e.g.  the RCC preventing Same Sex Marriage, and Pro-Choice policies in Catholic dominated countries,  like what is happening today in Chile).      Fundamentalist are inherently anti-gay and anti-women and wish to use government power to impose their 'standards'.    

Sadly the USA has too many of these folks already (mostly Christians);   We don't need to bring more into this country.

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't like people that don't believe in the separation of church and state which would be all religious fundamentalist.     In many countries they are Catholics (e.g.  the RCC preventing Same Sex Marriage, and Pro-Choice policies in Catholic dominated countries,  like what is happening today in Chile).      Fundamentalist are inherently anti-gay and anti-women and wish to use government power to impose their 'standards'.    

Sadly the USA has too many of these folks already (mostly Christians);   We don't need to bring more into this country.

There are non-fundamentalist muslims too. It doesn't justify that guy disparaging them all.

OMG! :o

"....President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released a hard-right ad accusing Democrats of being "complicit in all murders" committed by undocumented immigrants.

The 30-second video opens with footage of a recent courtroom outburst by Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported undocumented immigrant accused of killing two Sacramento-area deputies in 2014. The ad labels Bracamontes as "pure evil."

"Now Democrats who stand in our way will be complicit in every murder committed by illegal immigrants," the video's narrator says. "President Trump will fix our border and keep our families safe."........

14 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

There are non-fundamentalist muslims too. It doesn't justify that guy disparaging them all.

Of course NOT and I wasn't doing that (justifying the guy's comment),  but it appears you believe I did (based on your reply) and making such a wild assumption says something about 'racism in Trump's America' (title of this thread).

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

OMG! :o

"....President Donald Trump's reelection campaign released a hard-right ad accusing Democrats of being "complicit in all murders" committed by undocumented immigrants.

The 30-second video opens with footage of a recent courtroom outburst by Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported undocumented immigrant accused of killing two Sacramento-area deputies in 2014. The ad labels Bracamontes as "pure evil."

"Now Democrats who stand in our way will be complicit in every murder committed by illegal immigrants," the video's narrator says. "President Trump will fix our border and keep our families safe."........

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

so any woman who morally objects to abortion is inherently anti-women?:huh:

That's the exact opposite of what I was saying. The guy said "I just don't like amuslim people" which is inherently bigoted to ALL muslim people (or comes across that way).

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course NOT and I wasn't doing that (justifying the guy's comment),  but it appears you believe I did (based on your reply) and making such a wild assumption says something about 'racism in Trump's America' (title of this thread).

I know you are not Islamophobic but your remark did seem to come across as quasi-defensive of the guy's statement. Sorry if my remark seemed rude and no, I do not think you're an Islamophobe.

JJG said: I don't like people that don't believe in the separation of church and state which would be all religious fundamentalist. In many countries they are Catholics

I've noticed within my lifetime the shift of US blending church & state- gosh, remember the furor over Kennedy becoming President? A CATHOLIC! God forbid, Kennedy's personal beliefs influence his decisions as President!

The religious "right" started creeping into popularity about 40 years ago and steadily taken over the Republican party, bringing seemingly religious values into state law making.
What I find horrific is those who blindly follow what they think are moral decisions based on their Bible. Sorry, Jesus only preached about acceptance & love, not expulsion of anyone different from you. I am offended when I hear a President say, "God bless America"
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Donald Trump’s America...

"I got a call the other day from a close childhood friend who is currently serving time in federal prison. He’s 11 years in on a 27-year bid, to be exact......... His time stems from petty drug charges.

“So, check this out," I said. "Let’s say Trump ran a dope strip, right. He’s the boss and a bunch of his key underbosses and workers already got indicted, copped out, or admitted their wrongdoing to the feds. Man, his old campaign chairman Paul Manafort and deputy Richard Gates are fighting accusations of money laundering and tax fraud, and his former national security advisor Michael Flynn and campaign foreign policy advisor George Papadopoulos have both pleaded guilty to lying to the feds!”

“Oh, the feds don’t play,” he laughed. “So basically what you saying is Trump about to go down this week? He coming inside here with me? Oh bro, I’mma steal his wig.”

“No!” I laughed. “That’s the crazy part!”....

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/13/donald-trumps-america-is-not-my-america/

drumpf, No honest justice for an old rich white man

#SAVE US

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Sean Hannity has deleted this now, because the classic racism was too obvious, too clownish, too blatant, too much of a self-parody. Hannity's primary job at @FoxNews is to make racism seem reasonable, so that it spreads.

DV8Qt87VoAAdVtv.jpg

I think Trevor Noah said it best about Sean Hannity:

" Sean Hannity is a man who has a Season Ticket to the Wrong Side of History. "

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Is being a racist the first requirement to getting a job as a Fox political commentator? 

yeah, in no way can white figures speak nary a negative word about black figures...and that's not just a reverse form of bigotry, no princess of tap...

that is fear.

:)

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

yeah, in no way can white figures speak nary a negative word about black figures...and that' not just a reverse form bigotry, no princess of tap...

that is fear.

:)

When whites tell lies about black people, like John Kelly told about Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, then it is wrong.

You need to take a break and read the article.

Anybody has a right to give an opinion, but if you want to denigrate and lie about people because of their race, then that's just plain wrong.

15 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

When whites tell lies about black people, like John Kelly told about Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, then it is wrong.

You need to take a break and read the article.

Anybody has a right to give an opinion, but if you want to denigrate and lie about people because of their race, then that's just plain wrong.

that might work both ways.

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

And to me, what is particularly galling is that the Russian particularly targeted minorities to suppress their votes. They even co-opted "Woke Blacks"! So, we had domestic voter suppression AND foreign adversary voter suppression! https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/16/us/politics/document-The-Special-Counsel-s-Indictment-of-the-Internet.html 

DWLcjsNW0AIfEhU.jpg

International and domestic racism

• Sad 1

Another Mass Shooting. Another Case in Which Signs of White Violence Didn’t Raise Alarms.

"..... An apparent white supremacist can go through life making threats, talking about weapons, harassing people, warning that he would be a school shooter, have people call the FBI on him, and yet never get serious scrutiny from just about anyone. There were just no consequences. ......

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/16/florida-shooting-nikolas-cruz/

:mellow: