Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Racism in Trump's America

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

The HillVerified account @thehill 1h1 hour ago

White Kansas official tells black woman he’s a member of the "master race" during public hearing http://hill.cm/CaxdlWh 

DsFY2e0WwAAcV8s.jpg

Republican appointee, not elected, this man has made local headlines before with controversial comments about Robert E Lee and George Washington concerning slavery and the Martin Luther King Holiday.

Perhaps individuals like this feel like the political climate supported by trump gives them the permission to make fools of themselves in public.

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, jakeem said:

Keith Boykin Retweeted Google Communications

Google's response to questions about $5,000 donation it made to Mississippi Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith, who said she would be in "the front row" of a "public hanging."

15 hours ago, jakeem said:
Replying to @keithboykin

This contribution was made on Nov. 2 before Sen. Hyde-Smith's remarks became public on Nov. 11. While we support candidates who promote pro-growth policies for business and technology, we don't condone these remarks & would not have made such a contribution had we known.

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

We put our feet in the school chair over the teacher's dead body when I was going. 

Teacher....Don't even THINK about doing it.

(yeah, mine was strict as hell)

Example

0408-carolina.jpg

Where all of your fellow classmates white folk?

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

We put our feet in the school chair over the teacher's dead body when I was going. 

Teacher....Don't even THINK about doing it.

(yeah, mine was strict as hell)

Example

0408-carolina.jpg

College doesn't have the same Ambiance as Elementary School. LMREO

I can't tell you how many finals that I wrote for 2 or 3 hours in a smoke filled room with people blowing smoke in my face in college.

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

No we had blacks when I  started in 1961.  I give anything they took a classroom photo. :(

We felt really lucky to have one Chinese American Girl in class because she had a mother who maintained the traditional Chinese dress and language. We felt fortunate to be exposed to another culture that was so beautiful.

7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Democrat Stacey Abrams ended her challenge to Republican Brian Kemp in the Georgia governor's race, but pledged to fight what she said was the former secretary of state's "gross mismanagement" of the elections.

https://apnews.com/7985be43fa4c4422bfece25cb0204307?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

DsKOJMwWkAAPXJ0.jpg

Brian Kemp's performance in this election has earned him the coveted " Lester Maddox Pickaxe Award ".

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

We felt really lucky to have one Chinese American Girl in class because she had a mother who maintained the traditional Chinese dress and language. We felt fortunate to be exposed to another culture that was so beautiful.

when I was in 1st grade for about 6 months we had a very sweet Japanese girl from Hawaii in our class.

we all liked her and missed her when she left. 

:)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Here's hoping that @realDonaldTrump is as helpful to Ms. Hyde-Smith in the Mississippi runoff as he was to various other candidates on Nov. 6.

I would just settle for the kind of "success" that trump had in the special Alabama senatorial election with his accused sexual molester cohart Roy Moore.

20 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

when I was in 1st grade for about 6 months we had a very sweet Japanese girl from Hawaii in our class.

we all liked her and missed her when she left. 

:)

During my grade school years I was the only non-white in most of my classes.   

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

@jaketapper: “Do you think there was deliberate interference in the election?”

Former GA governor candidate Stacey Abrams: “Yes … There was a deliberate and intentional disinvestment and I think destruction of the administration of elections in the state of Georgia.” #CNNSOTU

Image result for jake tapper stacey abrams cnn

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

The 2018 midterms showed irrefutably, for the first time in decades, that many voters—including some Republicans—have little tolerance for voter suppression.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/11/the-united-states-is-becoming-a-two-tiered-country-with-separate-and-unequal-voting-laws-1/

tXnZD4Nf?format=jpg&name=600x314

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

re-posted

On 11/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, Princess of Tap said:

I would just settle for the kind of "success" that trump had in the special Alabama senatorial election with his accused sexual molester cohart Roy Moore.

Trump had little to do with Moore's failure - he did it all himself.  Any other Republican would have won handily - and probably will in 2020.

23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

A  Protege of the infamous Jesse Helms

I remember back in 1970 listening to Jesse Helms on the Tobacco Radio Network when I was at Ft. Bragg, N.C. It was a group of primarily N.C. radio stations.  We all laughed at him and thought him a fool.  Little did we know that he would one day be a powerful U.S. senator.

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

If voters voted Dem due to GOP voter suppression, then how where their votes suppressed?

This one I don't understand.  How would voters vote Dem due to GOP voter suppression?  Numerous studies and court cases have established that the voter suppression efforts of GOP legislatures and governors are specifically aimed at suppressing votes of those who tend to vote Democratic.  And they are very successful.  N.C. elections are an example.

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Mississippi Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith returned a $2,700 donation from a businessman who was sued for discriminating against Muslims, her campaign said https://cnn.it/2QWWupw 

DsaDGX-WoAAfcq9.jpg

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Judd Legum Retweeted Walmart

🚨🚨🚨Walmart, the nation’s largest retailer, is asking for a full refund of their contributions to Cindy Hyde-Smith.

The move comes less than 24-hours after their contribution, listed in a November 19 FEC filing, was reported on http://popular.info 

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith posed for a photo wearing a Confederate soldier's hat and holding a rifle in a Facebook post that surfaced Tuesday. She took the photo in 2014 and wrote "Mississippi history at its best!" after visiting a Mississippi museum

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/20/hyde-smith-confederate-hat-picture-1008010

DsdyU1WWwAEC0-q.jpg

The National Lynching Museum should be her next stop in Montgomery, Alabama and maybe she'll learn something because she is such an ignorant woman.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Democrat Mike Espy ripped into Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith in their debate, accusing her of having given Mississippi "another black eye" on race when she said recently that she would attend a "public hanging" if invited.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/democrat-espy-charges-debate-sen-hyde-smith-s-public-hanging-n938751?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

yG7iuyp4?format=jpg&name=600x314

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Cindy Hyde-Smith on her public hanging comment : It "was twisted and it was turned into...a political weapon used for nothing but personal and political gain to be used by my opponent."

Espy: "I don't know what's in your heart, but we all know what came out your mouth." 🔥

After all the hatred and violence and murder that came out of Mississippi in the 1950s and 1960s,

it's sad to see that they're so many people who are still burning with hatred there.