Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Racism in Trump's America

16 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Check out the white supremacy thread.....

I see that you put 'delete' in your last post in that thread.

Why?   It couldn't be because you jumped the gun?

If the story had been where whites misidentified the race of the shooter as black,  I assume you would have called doing so racist.

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I see that you put 'delete' in your last post in that thread.

Why?   It couldn't be because you jumped the gun?

If the story had been where whites misidentified the race of the shooter as black,  I assume you would have called doing so racist.

James, I would imagine that the mother was under a lot of stress  and had gone through a lot.

if you have any empathy, you can understand how she might make that mistake.

James, I'm just curious, did you ever attend elementary school with black children?

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

James, I would imagine that the mother was under a lot of stress I've gone through a lot.

if you have any empathy, you can understand how she might make that mistake.

I'm being critical of the MSM as well as the family making claims that they believe the shooting was racially motivated.   E.g. Sunday's L.A. Times story titled "Rally demands 'Justice for Jazmine'.    The intent of the rally and story, were designed to increase racial tension.   

PS:  I see you added a silly question about my grade school years trying to imply I'm a racist.    You really should be asking those that misidentified the shooter if they have ever seen a white person!

On 1/9/2019 at 8:28 PM, jakeem said:

An Evangelical group wants gays removed from anti-lynching bill

The Senate last month unanimously passed a bill that explicitly makes lynching a federal crime

Liberty Counsel, an evangelical nonprofit wants LGBTQ ppl to no longer be protected by the bill

On 1/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, jakeem said:

Liberty Counsel Chairman Mat Staver opposes including the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in a federal anti-lynching bill. - @NBCOUT

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/evangelical-group-wants-gays-removed-anti-lynching-bill-n956831?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

nYeMe8mz?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 1
17 hours ago, jakeem said:

White Supremacist Rep. Steve King Wonders Why Being White Supremacist Is Offensive

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” the Iowa congressman asked.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-king-white-supremacist-offensive_us_5c3752afe4b045f676897d45?section=politics&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&__twitter_impression=true

s30KLsdO?format=jpg&name=600x314

White supremacists like the Ku Klux Klan have terrorized black American citizens for decades.. ..

White supremacy plunged this country into a bloody Civil War....

The hatred of white American supremacists is Un- American.

• Thanks 1
On 1/9/2019 at 8:45 PM, jakeem said:

#GreenBook writer and producer Nick Vallelonga has deleted his Twitter account after a 2015 tweet supporting Trump's claim that New Jersey Muslims cheered 9/11 resurfaced

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/green-book-nick-vallelonga-tweet-support-donald-trump-new-jersey-muslims-cheered-9-11-1202034085/

Nick Vallelonga arrives at the 76th annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Beverly Hills, Calif76th Annual Golden Globe Awards - Arrivals, Beverly Hills, USA - 06 Jan 2019

On 1/9/2019 at 9:18 PM, jakeem said:

Tucker Carlson is currently attacking corporate diversity policies for "awarding this country's spoils on the basis of skin color rather than merit."

Then goes on to call diversity policies "illegal" and "racial discrimination"

Image result for tucker carlson free speech

Bakke Boy is back.

How many sponsors did he lose today?

• Like 1
On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, jakeem said:

Ainsley Earhardt Tells Fox Viewers ‘You’re Paying’ $80,000 in Taxes for ‘One Illegal,’ Lists Killings and Rapes Committed By Immigrants http://mediaite.com/a/tjogi 

Dweb0lNVsAE3WA2.jpg

On 1/9/2019 at 9:22 AM, jakeem said:

Soledad O'Brien Retweeted Bobby Lewis

This racist lady

On 1/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, jakeem said:

Getting poisoned to own the libs because you have to have your racism monument

17 hours ago, jakeem said:

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S.,” O’Brien wrote.

The Republican party does not support the First Amendment and neither does their president.

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Republican Sen. Tim Scott criticizes the GOP's response to racism in an op-ed, specifically calling out Republican officials' silence on Rep. Steve King's comments questioning why terms like "white supremacist" are considered offensive

https://www.axios.com/tim-scott-blasts-republican-silence-on-steve-king-fbbdb9c4-4a45-4be3-b792-1f4397f35df0.html?stream=top-stories&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=limstream

BwrPPPvi?format=jpg&name=600x314

Speaker Pelosi to me on whether the House should censure Steve King over his white supremacist comments. “I have not seen what he said, but he makes terrible comments all the time so this is not anything new.”

That Republican House members aren’t out front leading the cry for a censure resolution tells you a lot about how the GOP has changed since a decade and a half ago, when Trent Lott lost his job as Senate Republican leader for saying quite a lot less.

You have no further to look than the Republican president to see how much the party has changed in terms of their view on race.

I condemn Rep. Steve King’s comments on white supremacy; they are offensive and racist - and not representative of our state of Iowa. We are a great nation and this divisiveness is hurting everyone. We cannot continue down this path if we want to continue to be a great nation.

James Hohmann Retweeted Joni Ernst

Joni Ernst’s office wouldn’t respond when I asked if she condemned Steve King’s comments on Thursday. Two days later, following Tim Scott’s op-ed and a growing list of other Rs, she now breaks with King. He threatened/s to be a significant drag on her re-elect in 2020.

Steve King is a repeat offender-- too little too late.

• Thanks 1
On 1/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, jakeem said:

Texas county GOP to vote this week to remove leader because he is Muslim http://hill.cm/afOtO0g 

DwjuDFFWwAAUhuW.png

On 1/11/2019 at 2:18 PM, jakeem said:

An attempt by a faction of the Tarrant County Republican party in Texas to oust its vice-chairman because he is a Muslim failed in an emotional party vote Thursday night.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/11/muslim-official-texas-county-gop-survives-effort-oust-him/2546091002/

MY9k2-Rh?format=jpg&name=600x314

23 hours ago, jakeem said:

The vote was still 139-49. WHICH MEANS 49 PEOPLE VOTED TO OUST HIM OVER HIS FAITH.

Good grief.

22 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Rep. Rashida Tlaib's profanity about impeaching President Trump received five times more coverage on cable news than Rep. Steve King's questioning of why white supremacy is considered offensive.

https://www.axios.com/cable-news-rashida-tlaib-steve-king-416908d8-2853-4c03-b4f3-59221072a5d6.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

ANdwtNCC?format=jpg&name=600x314

And that is one good example of how institutionalized racism still works in trump's America.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, jakeem said:

On 1/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, jakeem said:

Liberty Counsel Chairman Mat Staver opposes including the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in a federal anti-lynching bill. -@NBCOUT

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/evangelical-group-wants-gays-removed-anti-lynching-bill-n956831?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Lynching has been LEGAL until now???? :o:o

27 minutes ago, hamradio said:
On 1/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, jakeem said:

On 1/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, jakeem said:

Liberty Counsel Chairman Mat Staver opposes including the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in a federal anti-lynching bill. -@NBCOUT

Lynching has been LEGAL until now???? :o:o

They're referring to the wording of a federal law.

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

They're referring to the wording of a federal law.

Ham has a valid point;  Lynching violates Federal law.   There is no need for this bill.

Passing the bill is just a political stunt to say 'hey,  look what we are doing to assist you black folks',  and allows politicians to avoid passing legislation that would actually assist black communities in the USA.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Ham has a valid point;  Lynching is against both Federal law.   There is no need for this bill.

Passing the bill is just a political stunt to say 'hey,  look what we are doing to assist you black folks',  and allows politicians to avoid passing legislation that would actually assist black communities in the USA.

Some church seems to want that! I've heard of bringing back that old time religion but that's taking it a bit too far. :blink::wacko:

DyerHanging.gif

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Some church seems to want that! I've heard of bringing back that old time religion but that's taking it a bit too far. :blink::wacko:

DyerHanging.gif

Some churches want lynching?  Can you site one or two that do?   I understanding wanting to bring back hanging as a government sanctioned punishment for capital offensives (especially since courts have denied the use of lethal injections) ,  but that isn't what a lynching is.   To me a lynching is the unauthorized hanging of an individual done by citizens of a community.