Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

FYI--

"A&E has canceled their new ****-centered show in response to the news that some producers had paid **** members for their participation in the show.

A&E responded to the news by apologizing to the many organizations they had previously spoken to and assured that no compensation had been provided, saying that the work was a documentary and far different from the network’s popular (but cheesy) reality tv shows.....

Referring to the project as a “documentary,” A&E said that they had told organizations previously that no money had changed hands, when in fact that was a misrepresentation.

“While we stand behind the intent of the series and the seriousness of the content, these payments are a direct violation of A&E’s policies and practices for a documentary. We had previously provided assurances to the public and to our core partners—including the Anti-Defamation League and Color of Change—that no payment was made to hate group members, and we believed that to be the case at the time.

We have now decided not to move forward with airing this project.”

https://trofire.com/2016/12/26/ae-cancels-****-show-discovered-paid-appear/

:)

FYI--

"A&E has canceled their new ****-centered show in response to the news that some producers had paid **** members for their participation in the show.

A&E responded to the news by apologizing to the many organizations they had previously spoken to and assured that no compensation had been provided, saying that the work was a documentary and far different from the network’s popular (but cheesy) reality tv shows.....

Referring to the project as a “documentary,” A&E said that they had told organizations previously that no money had changed hands, when in fact that was a misrepresentation.

“While we stand behind the intent of the series and the seriousness of the content, these payments are a direct violation of A&E’s policies and practices for a documentary. We had previously provided assurances to the public and to our core partners—including the Anti-Defamation League and Color of Change—that no payment was made to hate group members, and we believed that to be the case at the time.

We have now decided not to move forward with airing this project.”

https://trofire.com/2016/12/26/ae-cancels-****-show-discovered-paid-appear/

:)

A&E saw the handwriting on the wall --- that there are a fair number of people who are openly racist and voted for Donald Trump--there was a way to make some money off of it. Also, Trump's racist rhetoric and his promotion of alt( white) right's Breitbart Steve Bannon gave them the go-ahead to try and exploit racism as trending, after getting credibility for it from Trump and the votes he received supporting it.

If this cable channel had felt they could make money from it previously, they would have already done it. If they felt they could have made money with it and gotten away with it-- without people complaining-- they would have done it.

In some way they felt like Trump's exploitation of racism could make it okay for them to do it too.

This sort of thing should show the American public just how mercenary capitalistic companies are in the United States and it's for the ever-vigilant American public to demand fairness and that we all have respect for our values and principles in this country, as written down in the Constitution.

CHICAGO — The police here were questioning four people on Wednesday as video circulated online showing a white teenager tied up and beaten as a group of young African-Americans shouted antiwhite messages and insulted President-elect Donald J. Trump.

“It’s sickening,” Superintendent Eddie Johnson of the Chicago Police Department said...

The police said the victim was an 18-year-old man from suburban Chicago who had “mental health challenges” and who had been reported missing. Officers spotted him on Tuesday in a violent neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side and recognized that he was in distress, the police said. They sought treatment for him at a hospital and connected the beating to four people who were taken into custody later that day near where the bloodied man had been found.

A roughly 30-minute video clip shared widely online appeared to show a Facebook livestream of the assault.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/us/chicago-racially-charged-attack-video.html?rref=collection%2Fbyline%2Fmitch-smith

CHICAGO — The police here were questioning four people on Wednesday as video circulated online showing a white teenager tied up and beaten as a group of young African-Americans shouted antiwhite messages and insulted President-elect Donald J. Trump.

“It’s sickening,” Superintendent Eddie Johnson of the Chicago Police Department said...

The police said the victim was an 18-year-old man from suburban Chicago who had “mental health challenges” and who had been reported missing. Officers spotted him on Tuesday in a violent neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side and recognized that he was in distress, the police said. They sought treatment for him at a hospital and connected the beating to four people who were taken into custody later that day near where the bloodied man had been found.

A roughly 30-minute video clip shared widely online appeared to show a Facebook livestream of the assault.....

One thing I'm finding interesting is that CNN had a headline that the police said there is no connection between BLM and these 4 deranged punks\thugs.

I haven't seen the police news conference or their actual statements but I don't see why the police would feel they had to say there was no connection.    Why would anyone other than a crazy alt-right type even assume there could be a connection.    

By saying there was no connection they are implying there could have been a connection and I know of no other incidence like this that actual BLM members were associated with.    

• Like 1

One thing I'm finding interesting is that CNN had a headline that the police said there is no connection between BLM and these 4 deranged punks\thugs.

I haven't seen the police new conference or their actual statements but I don't see why the police would feel they had to say there was no connection.    Why would anyone other than a crazy alt-right type even assume there could be a connection.    

By saying there was no connection they are implying there could have been a connection and I know of no other incidence like this that actual BLM members were associated with.    

The right-wing media has jumped all over this story as being a BLM attack. Glenn Beck and other, local radio hosts around the country and online bloggers/vloggers have also placed the blame on BLM. Despite the police statements, and press releases from the official BLM organizers that unequivocally state that BLM had nothing to do with it, the story has already caught on in the alt-right circles and has spread into more "mainstream" right-wing media outlets. This story fits into the "BLM is an anti-white terrorist group" narrative that a lot of people on the right want to believe, so this just fuels that fire.

The right-wing media has jumped all over this story as being a BLM attack. Glenn Beck and other, local radio hosts around the country and online bloggers/vloggers have also placed the blame on BLM. Despite the police statements, and press releases from the official BLM organizers that unequivocally state that BLM had nothing to do with it, the story has already caught on in the alt-right circles and has spread into more "mainstream" right-wing media outlets. This story fits into the "BLM is an anti-white terrorist group" narrative that a lot of people on the right want to believe, so this just fuels that fire.

I wonder if a certain poster on these threads is ill these days. I'm surprised he hasn't already plastered us with an alt right headline blaming BLM for the incident with those punks.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info.   Looks to me to be yet another case of the mainstream media normalizing a narrative that should not be normalized.     But I also understand why CNN editors would believe they had to counter that fake news coming from alt-right sources.       

This is much to similar to that old joke (not really funny),  about asking a husband how often they beat their wife.

• Like 1

That's the one thing both African-Americans and white Americans have( and grudgingly) in common.

Their varied but also similar reactions to matters of race.  Most African-Americans I've discussed even briefly about the whole BLM thing tell me they sadly had to admit, "Too many of us wrongly see it as a source of entitlement.  That the police should LET us get away with crime because if they arrest any black man for breaking the law, then they'll be labelled as racist and the BLM folks will show up marching and hollering."

And I know too, many white guys that think the same thing.

Just as( and earlier alluded to) a lot of Trump supporters voted for him because they somehow sensed it would bring back an acceptable level of white supremacy.  Just like all those bigoted buffoons who voted for GEORGE WALLACE back in the day because they believed he actually COULD, "Put 'em all on a boat and ship their worthless azzes back to Africa!"

Of course, IF Wallace had won, that could never have been done.  And Trump's racist supporters will soon learn, as will Trump himself, that holding the office of POTUS doesn't  grant him an autonomous agenda.

And that ANY elected official ISN'T elected to LEAD, but to SERVE.

Sepiatone

Wonder who this guy voted for.  His DQ messed up an order and he called the customer the N word.  Then told the police he said it and didn't regret it.

He eventually issued an apology, but too late. DQ jerked his franchise.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/09/a-dairy-queen-owner-unleashed-a-racist-tirade-against-a-customer-he-no-longer-has-a-business/?utm_term=.3ae4746d5caa&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

That's the one thing both African-Americans and white Americans have( and grudgingly) in common.

Their varied but also similar reactions to matters of race.  Most African-Americans I've discussed even briefly about the whole BLM thing tell me they sadly had to admit, "Too many of us wrongly see it as a source of entitlement.  That the police should LET us get away with crime because if they arrest any black man for breaking the law, then they'll be labelled as racist and the BLM folks will show up marching and hollering."

And I know too, many white guys that think the same thing.

Just as( and earlier alluded to) a lot of Trump supporters voted for him because they somehow sensed it would bring back an acceptable level of white supremacy.  Just like all those bigoted buffoons who voted for GEORGE WALLACE back in the day because they believed he actually COULD, "Put 'em all on a boat and ship their worthless azzes back to Africa!"

Of course, IF Wallace had won, that could never have been done.  And Trump's racist supporters will soon learn, as will Trump himself, that holding the office of POTUS doesn't  grant him an autonomous agenda.

And that ANY elected official ISN'T elected to LEAD, but to SERVE.

Sepiatone

I doan think obama had lead or served.

Four black people were charged with hate crimes Thursday in connection with avideo broadcast live on Facebook that showed a mentally disabled white man being beaten and taunted, threatened with a knife and forced to drink from a toilet.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/charges-expected-chicago-beating-broadcast-facebook-44568662

Video too disgusting to post.  

In yesterday's mail I recieved some sort of petition from some police support organization that claimed BLM people would hold rallies in which they'd shout, "What do we want?  We want MORE DEAD COPS!"  and referred to AL SHARPTON and JESSE JACKSON as "Racial hustlers".

And they wanted a monetary contribution too!

I promptly put it in my "circular file".

Sepiatone

"And this instinct to humiliate, when it's modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life, because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose..."

-Meryl Streep

• Like 1

Dylann Roof Is Sentenced to Death in Charleston Church Massacre

First person to be sentenced to death under federal hate crimes law. 

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/news-wrap-dylann-roof-first-get-death-sentence-federal-hate-crime/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/dylann-roof-trial-charleston.html?_r=0

Really - did the devil told you to??  That tells us what a sorry excuse for a human being you are.

4221396001_5277400678001_5277383339001-v

Saudi Arabia and Indonesia are exempt from the ban. Those are two of the countries in which Trump has business interests. The countries affected by the ban are those without any Trump business interests.

• Like 2

So, I'm wondering how the Trump administration is reacting to the news story of a deranged Trumpite gunning down two guys in Kansas while shouting," Get out of my country!" and was caught because he was at a bar 70 miles away BRAGGING about it! Sayng proudly that he killed two Middle East looking guys.

Turned out they were from INDIA!

I'll bet Dorothy is GLAD she's not in Kansas anymore.

And how about( mentioned by me in another thread) MUHAMMAD ALI JR. being detained for two hours at a Fort Lauderdale airport? Being asked about being Muslim.

Sepiatone

Trump has more blood on his hands. His rhetoric is radicalizing these white supremacist terrorists.

This bar was actually in a veddy sophisticated suburb of Kansas City. Another Indian national was shot and a white Kansan good samaritan, who came to their aid, was also shot.

I could say that the man doing the shooting was not probably typical of this area, but it takes all kinds.

Unfortunately several years ago in the same county, a deranged Neo-Nazi white man murdered a number of people at the Jewish Community Center and murdered a woman at a Jewish Senior Citizen home.

The white man who murdered the Indian Nationals may have mistook them for Middle Easterners, but to him they probably all look the same anyway and he probably would have had the same reaction even if he had known where they really came from.

The Dead Men's relatives have called on the Indian government to two ask the American government to treat this as a hate crime.

Donald Trump and Alt -Right's Steve Bannon in the Oval Office have given white racists murderers the positive reinforcement and justification they need to commit hate crimes America.

When the Jewish reporter asked Trump in the press conference about a rash of anti-Semitic hate crimes in America, all Trump could do was talk about how many votes he received in the election. What was he trying to prove there?

In just four weeks Trump has done a tremendous job of further dividing our nation and putting individuals from minority groups at risk who Trump and Bannon's Breitbart have attacked repeatedly.

"Nightly broadcast news shows have proven incredibly reluctant to cover the spate of anti-Semitic threats and attacks made since President Donald Trump’s election. Cable outlets provided a bit more coverage during prime-time, with Fox News as the exception, clocking just one segment on the topic.

Given the rise of the “alt-right” and white nationalist groups -- and given Trump’s repeated reluctance to discuss the rise of anti-Semitism -- it’s particularly important for news media to provide audiences with information on the threats and attacks which have targeted Jewish institutions across the country....

Since January, the Jewish Community Center (JCC) Association of North America’s members have received 68 bomb threats at 53 facilities in 26 states and one Canadian province. And in February, vandals damaged more than 100 headstones at a Jewish cemetery...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/02/24/study-nightly-broadcast-news-virtually-ignores-rise-anti-semitic-threats/215443

"Nightly broadcast news shows have proven incredibly reluctant to cover the spate of anti-Semitic threats and attacks made since President Donald Trump’s election. Cable outlets provided a bit more coverage during prime-time, with Fox News as the exception, clocking just one segment on the topic.

Given the rise of the “alt-right” and white nationalist groups -- and given Trump’s repeated reluctance to discuss the rise of anti-Semitism -- it’s particularly important for news media to provide audiences with information on the threats and attacks which have targeted Jewish institutions across the country....

Since January, the Jewish Community Center (JCC) Association of North America’s members have received 68 bomb threats at 53 facilities in 26 states and one Canadian province. And in February, vandals damaged more than 100 headstones at a Jewish cemetery...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/02/24/study-nightly-broadcast-news-virtually-ignores-rise-anti-semitic-threats/215443

Sadly Trump's racist, bigoted and Un-American rhetoric during his campaign has opened a Pandora's Box of Violent white racism, which seemingly he has sanctioned.

Once ignited, this cancerous hatred is hard to put out.

• Like 2

Sadly Trump's racist, bigoted and Un-American rhetoric during his campaign has opened a Pandora's Box of Violent white racism, which seemingly he has sanctioned.

Once ignited, this cancerous hatred is hard to put out.

The only saving grace is that if Clinton had won the racist and bigoted losers would have acted out even more than they are now.

I.e.  that angry folks on the losing side are more likely to commit violence than 'happy' folks on the winning side.

Isn't it more logical to assume that if Clinton has won the racist and bigoted losers would have acted out even more than they are now?

I.e.  that angry folks on the losing side are more likely to commit violence than 'happy' folks on the winning side.

In addition Trump didn't ignite this hatred since it has always been there.   

No, not at all.  Trump has empowered these white supremacists.  They feel free to come out of the woodwork now.  This would hardly be an issue unless Trump wasn't drumming up the hatred and fear day in and day out.  Where do you get these ideas?

• Like 4

No, not at all.  Trump has empowered these white supremacists.  They feel free to come out of the woodwork now.  This would hardly be an issue unless Trump wasn't drumming up the hatred and fear day in and day out.  Where do you get these ideas?

Yet again,  due to having an agenda, you misinterpret the point I'm making.

Yes,  Trump empowered white supremacist.    Therefore if empowered white supremacist where on the losing end (Clinton had won the election),   the feeling of doom would have lead to supreme anger and we would be seeing more hate crimes than we are seeing today.    

Hey,  it is just a theory that of course can't be proven or disproven.