Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

When d

3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

WRONG!!!!  They’re all women of color.  That is what Donald Trump focused on!  He basically said they should all go back to their S***thole countries, even though 3 of the 4 were born here; the 4th is a naturalized U.S. Citizen, just like 2 of Trump’s wife.  So Trump racist, sexist, xenophobic comments were a dog whistle, no, a bullhorn, to his racist, sexist, xenophobic base.  Strong women of color are often disparaged by Trump.

When did Elijah Cummings and John Lewis had a sex change?? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

WRONG!!!!  They’re all women of color.  That is what Donald Trump focused on!  He basically said they should all go back to their S***thole countries, even though 3 of the 4 were born here; the 4th is a naturalized U.S. Citizen, just like 2 of Trump’s wife.  So Trump racist, sexist, xenophobic comments were a dog whistle, no, a bullhorn, to his racist, sexist, xenophobic base. * Strong women of color are often disparaged by Trump.

*Let's keep going with that thought - - all strong women are terrifying to trump. Just look at these horrible things he says about Nancy Pelosi, Angela Merkel, Theresa May, or Hillary Clinton or any woman who DARES to stand up as an individual and criticize him to his face..

I think all these accusations of sexual harassment from women are symbolic of his fear and hatred of women.

By the way his mother, his first wife, and his third wife are all naturalized American citizens. I guess his hypocrisy starts at home.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

When d

When did Elijah Cummings and John Lewis had a sex change?? :lol:

Trump is a RACIST with a RACIST BASE.  Attacking people of color across the board is a speciality of his, relished by his racist base.   So this is no surprise to attack these African-American men.  But he seems to prefer to attack WOMEN of Color, because many of his racist base is also sexist and xenophobic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

they all got chips on their shoulders against the white devil hon kee.

:D

The common trait they share is ressentiment.

• Like 1

Baltimore Sun to “the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office,

... [who is] not even slightly competent in his current post.

Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity.

Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.

• Thanks 2

-_-

Trump’s Twitter attack on Cummings and Baltimore: undiluted racism and hate

"After three years of denouncing President Trump’s use of media to attack, denigrate and, yes, spew racist hate, there are days when I think I do not have a drop of vitriol left for Trump and what he’s doing to this country.

And then comes something like his Twitter attack today on Elijah Cummings and Baltimore, which is the congressman’s home and a part of his district.

You cannot remain silent in the face of such hatred and racism coming from the White House, even as you know you are letting the president force you to focus on him, him, him.........

The Baltimore-born-and-raised CNN anchor also responded on-air to Trump saying no human being would want to live in Cummings’ district.

“You know who did, Mr. President? I did,” Blackwell said. “From the day I was brought home from the hospital to the day I left for college, and a lot of people I care about still do. There are challenges no doubt, but people are proud of their community. I don’t want to sound self-righteous, but people get up and go to work there. They care for their families there. They love their children who pledge allegiance to the flag just like people who live in districts of congressmen who support you, sir. They are Americans, too."

I applaud Blackwell for his passionate response. This is one way the media can and should push back against the pain this president causes with his reckless, mean and racist use of social media.........

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/columnists/zurawik/bs-ed-zontv-trump-cummings-baltimore-20190727-wyxir7em7bfl5ifwialdo5exty-story.html

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

On Baltimore

c22ec9a6771b8bd2e20db7485e5db913-1400-0-70-8-Y2ANKDSFAQI6TEHQBTH65SD2ME.jpg
(Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)
Kushner owns lots of Baltimore-area apartments. Some are infested with mice.
The company’s complexes have been cited for hundreds of code violations.

By Rebecca Tan  Read more »

‘Bigoted and racist’: Sharpton joins Hogan, others to condemn Trump’s attacks on Baltimore

By Rachel Chason, Dana Hedgpeth and Ovetta Wiggins  Read more »

From Baltimore to Africa: Trump’s global guide to places no human would want to live

Analysis   By Rick Noack  Read more »

‘I would fix it fast!’: In 2015, Trump criticized Obama for not doing enough to help Baltimore
By John Wagner  Read more »

Ironically trump attacks black officials for dilapidated and rodent infested rental housing  for the poor in Baltimore,

when the real culprit--

his own slumlord son-in-law Jared Kushner is staring him right in the face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Baltimore city officials are responsible for dilapidated and rodent infested housing.   Clearly they are not mandating code enforcement.    Most likely they are being bribed to look the other way.      In addition in many cases city officials don't wish to close down such housing since that often leads to more homelessness;  I.e. there is already a lack of rentals for low-income residences.   

The above was the main reason that lead to the Oakland warehouse 'ghost ship' fire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Baltimore city officials are responsible for dilapidated and rodent infested housing.   Clearly they are not mandating code enforcement.    Most likely they are being bribed to look the other way.      In addition in many cases city officials don't wish to close down such housing since that often leads to more homelessness;  I.e. there is already a lack of rentals for low-income residences.   

The above was the main reason that lead to the Oakland warehouse 'ghost ship' fire.

Kushner is responsible for HUD offenses.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Kushner is responsible for HUD offenses.

I'm sure he is,  just like other landlords in the area,  but it is still city officials that are responsible for ensuring offenses are identified,  and then addressed.      

As for Kushner's properties;   since the offenses were identified and I assume corrected and then re-inspected by city officials,   his properties don't currently have outstanding offenses.   If they do, city officials are still part-of-the-problem for not taking strong action against him.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm sure he is,  just like other landlords in the area,  but it is still city officials that are responsible for ensuring offenses are identified,  and then addressed.      

As for Kushner's properties;   since the offenses were identified and I assume corrected and then re-inspected by city officials,   his properties don't currently have outstanding offenses.   If they do, city officials are still part-of-the-problem for not taking strong action against him.

I guess this is a good example of why we need standards and regulations so that corporate greed cannot go unchecked.  BTW isn't the republican party all for getting rid of consumer protections?  Ben Carson included?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bogie56 said:

I guess this is a good example of why we need standards and regulations so that corporate greed cannot go unchecked.  BTW isn't the republican party all for getting rid of consumer protections?  Ben Carson included?

Most cities in the USA have good standards and regulations especially those run by left-leaning politicians with large people-of-color populations like Baltimore and Oakland.     Again,  the issue is lack of enforcement due to that these politicians having to balance the lack of affordable rental housing with ensuring properties are up-to-code.   E.g. city officials will initially condemn a building.   This creates multiple low-income families needing to find another place to live.   So when the residences complain,  the city backs down.     The GOP or the Feds don't have much to say in this.   I.e.  these are city \ county concerns not federal ones and most of the cities with the most 'issues' are run by Dems.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Actually they are both responsible.  The slumlords primarily for letting the conditions begin and the government officials for not inspecting, fining and ultimately jailing if necessary.

• Thanks 2

On 7/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, mr6666 said:

Marissa J. LangVerified account @Marissa_Jae 6h6 hours ago

NOW: Inside the Russell Senate building here in #DC, where dozens of Catholic nuns, parishioners and other leaders are preparing to be arrested by Capitol Police

on this #CatholicDayOfAction in protest of the Trump administration’s immigration policies.

-------------------------------------------------

Marissa J. LangVerified account @Marissa_Jae 6h6 hours ago

Police are arresting these nuns one by one, as they recite the Lord’s Prayer, which is echoing off the marble walls of the Russell Rotunda here in #DC. About 50 senators have offices in this building. #CatholicDayOfAction

D_xOJm_WsAEWTg7.jpg
D_xOJmyXkAAFfuo.jpg

And the Golden Rule

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

And the Golden Rule

The USA should end the rule that allows religious organizations to NOT have to pay taxes!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The USA should end the rule that allows religious organizations to NOT have to pay taxes!

Spot on! Screw those slave morality pr1cks. 

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I tend to agree, but that is a very sticky wicket.  If religious organizations paid taxes, what about other non-profits?  What about local and state governments?  What about schools, public and private?

I think technically the law applies to non-profits and religious institutions are one.

Trump’s Racism Is a National Emergency

But even after his slander of Elijah Cummings, too few Democrats grasp the danger at hand

"....A white-nationalist presidency is untenable.

Having to endure one while the man in the office has committed obvious crimes, such as obstruction of justice, is even worse. Add on the ever-increasing threat of white-supremacist domestic terrorism — which the FBI director warned about just last week and the administration’s anti-immigrant policies and rhetoric fuels like gasoline — and it is impossible not to conclude that the presidency is too powerful for someone as racist as Donald Trump.....

.... One of the high crimes and misdemeanors listed in the Constitution is “dereliction of duty.”

In his attack on Cummings, the president made it clear that, in violation of his oath of office, he doesn’t want to be the president of Baltimore. Nor, one can presume, would he be the president of any urban area that was populated by people who didn’t vote primarily for him. He said much the same of Ferguson, Missouri, .......

it was Trump who just four years ago, retweeted one of his followers who’d asked during the Freddie Gray unrest, “Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it’s done?”

The then-reality star and bankruptcy veteran responded “I would fix it fast!” 

....The point is that Trump has had his chance to be the president of Baltimore, and of the United States. He said he wanted the job, and now he says it is someone else’s responsibility. .....

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-baltimore-cummings-impeach-864796/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The USA should end the rule that allows multi billionaires like Donald Trump to not have to pay taxes.

19 hours ago, Arturo said:

The USA should end the rule that allows multi billionaires like Donald Trump to not have to pay taxes.

You clearly don't understand how Federal taxes are applied.   There is no such rule.      

I do agree that there should be NO reductions and offsets,  with a 4 or so tier progressive tax rates.   The former is how the rich and their lawyers avoid taxes.

PS:  As for religious organizations;  Most of the time they are using their resources to push a right-wing,  if not far-right agenda.    You're so clueless that you support these religious protester in this case.    Do you also support religious folks  when they attack gays or women rights?

I am not clueless; I know most religious zealots are pushing a right-wing agenda.  I happen to support these nuns in their protest, against Trump’s immigration policies.

That I choose to compare their tax -exempt status to that of people and entities to clearly do not need tax relief, is to point out another injustice, whether you think they are related or not.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Hearing all this Nixon bigotry is like going down memory lane for me.

Nixon had an Infamous Department of Agriculture head oh, I think his name was Earl Butz.  Anyway, Jerry Ford kept him on after  Nixon resigned .

Well, secretary Butz made this horrible joke about black people concerning shoes and it was really ugly. Apparently this was Nixonion style of humor. If I remember correctly, it was after Nixon's resignation that Butz made this joke and then he had to resign too.

I'm not going to repeat what he said on this website, but you can Google it.