Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Are you finally trying to admit Trump does have a black following? :lol:

I never said that.  But there are sorely misguided and delusional and/or self-hating individuals in every race and every ethnic group.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Are you finally trying to admit Trump does have a black following? :lol:

I've seen that black guy in his rallies and I've seen others like him. Some people will do anything for money and others simply really need the money.

And if trump has any legitimate black followers you might say they were masochistic or in dire need of some mental health insurance.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Hurricane Dorian

Trump admin won't give temporary protected status to Bahamians who fled Hurricane Dorian

The status would have let Bahamians work and live in the U.S. until it is deemed safe to return home.

<_<

The Bahamians are trump's latest Puerto Ricans.

• Sad 1

On 9/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, mr6666 said:

:lol:  :rolleyes:

Trump lashes out at MSNBC's Joy Reid

....Trump lashes out at MSNBC's Joy Reid, claims she has 'NO talent'

"Who the hell is Joy-Ann Reid? Never met her, she knows ZERO about me, has NO talent, and truly doesn’t have the 'it' factor needed for success in showbiz," Trump tweeted.

"Had a bad reputation, and now works for the Comcast/NBC losers making up phony stories about me. Low Ratings. Fake News!" he continued.

It was not immediately clear what prompted the president to go after Reid ahead of her Saturday morning show, though the MSNBC host had criticized recent remarks by Trump while guest hosting "All in with Chris Hayes" on Friday night....

The MSNBC host and a hashtag for her show, #AMJoy, trended on Twitter Saturday after the president's post, with members of the program appearing to take the president's tweet in stride.

"Great job getting us trending, #reiders! Can we get our #AMJoy hashtag even higher? Let's do it!" the host tweeted to her followers.

Trump's tweet Saturday morning came hours after Reid appeared on the network and highlighted a number of recent remarks by the president.

In a segment on Trump's visit to Baltimore for the House GOP retreat, she mocked his "Mike Pounce" gaffe and said he “went on to treat the gathered Republicans to some smoking hot beauty tips” while discussing his remarks on lightbulbs. 

She also said that he sounded "like a desperate man" when he said "whether you like me or not it makes no difference because our country will go to Hell if any of these people get in."

Reid has been critical of the president in the past, releasing a book about Trump earlier this summer titled "The Man Who Sold America."

She said in a tweet earlier this month that Trump "has turned the presidency into a travel agency servicing the Trump Organization and its properties and golf clubs around the world." .........

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/461408-trump-attacks-joy-reid-claims-she-has-no-talent

trump has yet to learn that you can have talent, the IT Factor, Plus a high IQ even though you're not white.

• Thanks 1

Culture Matters

'SNL' fires Shane Gillis after video surfaces of comedian using Asian slur

"We were not aware of his prior remarks that have surfaced over the past few days. The language he used is offensive, hurtful and unacceptable."

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/snl-drops-shane-gillis-after-video-surfaces-comedian-using-asian-n1055076?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Culture Matters

"We were not aware of his prior remarks that have surfaced over the past few days. The language he used is offensive, hurtful and unacceptable."

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/snl-drops-shane-gillis-after-video-surfaces-comedian-using-asian-n1055076?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Lorne Michaels hired his first East Asian- American comedian at the same time he hired this guy.

It really makes me wonder if he did it on purpose.

Considering his track record, I just wonder?

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Lorne Michaels hired his first East Asian- American comedian at the same time he hired this guy.

It really makes me wonder if he did it on purpose.

Considering his track record, I just wonder?

Whose track record,  Michaels?

So Michaels is a racist?  

8 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Culture Matters

Remember a time when SNL was not only comfortable with racial slurs but used them?

Racist Word Association Interview.

chase_pryor.jpg

11 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Culture Matters

Unknown_bigger.jpegNorm MacdonaldVerified account @normmacdonald
FollowFollow @normmacdonald
More

@Shanemgillis Hey, Shane, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how you must feel. The work it takes to get that show and to have it snatched away by some guy who does "Spoken Bird" poetry. Unacceptable. Please DM me, pal, when you have a moment. I'm so sorry.

2:08 PM - 16 Sep 2019

Student at Virginia school says classmates pinned her down and cut her dreadlocks

......Amari Allen, 12, told police that three white boys at the Immanuel Christian School in Springfield on Monday pinned her down, covered her mouth and called her “ugly” and “nappy” while they cut several of her dreadlocks with scissors, CNN reported.

The incident allegedly took place during recess, according to The Washington Post.

"They were saying that I don't deserve to live, that I shouldn't have been born," she told CNN. And when the bell rang to signal recess was over, she said "they ran off laughing ... I just got myself up.”......

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/463434-student-at-virginia-school-says-classmates

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Student at Virginia school says classmates pinned her down and cut her dreadlocks

......Amari Allen, 12, told police that three white boys at the Immanuel Christian School in Springfield on Monday pinned her down, covered her mouth and called her “ugly” and “nappy” while they cut several of her dreadlocks with scissors, CNN reported.

The incident allegedly took place during recess, according to The Washington Post.

"They were saying that I don't deserve to live, that I shouldn't have been born," she told CNN. And when the bell rang to signal recess was over, she said "they ran off laughing ... I just got myself up.”......

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/463434-student-at-virginia-school-says-classmates

This is typical school BULLYING, why didn't she report it to the school principle?  The boys should be suspended for a couple of months and  Permanently if it reoccurs.

Group photos below shows the Immanuel Christian Schools are diverse towards race / ethnicity.  Just being called ugly and "nappy :huh:" is not racism.  Racial slurs is a different matter.

uniform02.jpg

immanuel-christian-school-u5h7Uk.jpg

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=JoiTfg6jfNGGILEg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, hamradio said:

This is typical school BULLYING, why didn't she report it to the school principle?  The boys should be suspended for a couple of months and  Permanently if it reoccurs.

Group photos below shows the Immanuel Christian Schools are diverse towards race / ethnicity.  Just being called ugly and "nappy :huh:" is not racism.  Racial slurs is a different matter.

uniform02.jpg

immanuel-christian-school-u5h7Uk.jpg

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=JoiTfg6jfNGGILEg

Using the word “Nappy” IS racist in this context, as it was followed by cutting off her dreadlocks.  These white kids focused on a trait prevalent in Africa-Americans, the hair, and then proceeded to make that that is exactly what it was about and cut off some of the hair they found offensive and different.  RACISM, pure and simple.  

And in this same context, calling her “Ugly” implied her African-American facial features, probably very different than the “ideal” Caucasian features that are accepted in the western world to define beauty.  

So while on the face of it, these words are not racist, in this specific context, they were definitely used in a racist way, and the intent was delivered to the victim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Most of the "Christian" schools founded in the 1960's and later, at least in the South were segregation academies. Admitting blacks to show "diversity" does not change the mind set of many who support the schools.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Wonder if it was black boys whom cut off a white girls hair, would it have even been posted. 

Why are you deflecting with a “whataboutism”?  This is about one specific incident that occurred, which you said was not racist when it clearly is, and you go off about a hypothetical.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Why are you deflecting with a “whataboutism”?  This is about one specific incident that occurred, which you said was not racist when it clearly is, and you go off about a hypothetical.  

There it goes again deflection, used much as racism. :angry:

Just now, hamradio said:

Lol.  You are deflecting with this statement.

At least deflection is an avoidance tactic, dishonest but not truly harmful, whereas racism is truly horrendous.

4 hours ago, hamradio said:

Wonder if it was black boys whom cut off a white girls hair, would it have even been posted. 

This little girl was attacked by three boys who held her down put a hand over her mouth so she couldn't call for help and cut off her hair.

That's a police report right there.

Then they made it clear it was a hate crime because of the things they said to her.

I heard the quotations on " Lester Holt's  Nightly News" and I don't intend to repeat them, but you can check it out on the internet.

So what we have here is a physical assault that turns even uglier into a hate crime.

*So I wonder what you would have thought of this if it happened to your little girl or your little granddaughter?*

I did see her grandparents on the news and they were close to tears.

I really do Wonder also where the playground teacher or teachers who were supposed to always supervise children in school ?

It really does make me wonder if the teachers or any other adult at the school could be implicated in this racist attack?

• Thanks 1

Yes, only after the black boys had been arrested and put in jail for assault.  Probably would have thrown in attempted ra** also.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Nappy is a racism term and this was a racist attack.   While I understand that Arturo and Princess imply folks are racist,  with silly and immature knee-jerk reactions,   if you don't view this specific attack as a racist event,,,, well,,, maybe those two are right when it comes to you.

• Thanks 3