Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Nappy is a racism term and this was a racist attack.   While I understand that Arturo and Princess imply folks are racist,  with silly and immature knee-jerk reactions,   if you don't view this specific attack as a racist event,,,, well,,, maybe those two are right when it comes to you.

  

No it's not right, I said they should be temporary suspended, permanently if it reoccurs.

The boys should also be made to make a PUBLIC apology to her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hamradio said:

This is clearly RACISM!

Black Supremacists Terrorize New York Jews

https://www.jewishpress.com/blogs/sultan-knish/black-supremacists-terrorize-new-york-jews/2018/11/25/

gang-attacking-Brooklyn-shteibel-in-Will

 

Yes,  it is.   But what is your point here?   I hope it isn't that there are others like you  (but that is how it comes off). 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,  it is.   But what is your point here?   I hope it isn't that there are others like you  (but that is how it comes off). 

 

Why are you arguing this, I'm pointing out racism.  If these were whites, you wouldn't state "what's the point?"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hamradio said:

Why are you arguing this, I'm pointing out racism.  If these were whites, you wouldn't state "what''s the point?"

You really can't be a clueless as you come off.   Arturo already explained what you are doing,  a few times.

So maybe you really have your head buried 50 feet in the sand.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You really can't be a clueless as you come off.   Arturo already explained what you are doing,  a few times.

So maybe you really have your head buried 50 feet in the sand.

 

Ah, good old left wing double standards.  Blacks can not be called out as racist when it's clearly THEY ARE!

Did the author of this thread wanted only incidents of racism carried out by whites to be posted?

I was replying  to the thread title about RACISM  not the school incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case racism doesn't disappear after Trump is gone, wonder will the thread title change, maybe "Racism in Biden's (or whomever is president) America"?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Ah, good old left wing double standards.  Blacks can not be called out as racist when it's clearly THEY ARE!

Did the author of this thread wanted only incidents of racism carried out by whites to be posted?

I was replying  to the thread title about RACISM  not the school incident.

Ah,  instead of looking inward,  you attack the other side;  classic!  

What you were doing was deflection;  E.g. saying 'this is clearly RACISM' implies that the prior racist act that was the basis of the discussion wasn't really that bad,,, but this,,,,,,what I found,,, this,, is RACISM!!!!!

Note that we all do this;  E.g. in the thread about Trudeau and blackface, libs had to bring in Trump as their way of saying that what Trudeau did wasn't so bad,, since,,,,, well,  Trump is worse!!!

Hey,  I do this also, BUT the key to using deflection is all in the timing:   I.e. don't make that deflecting post until one has acknowledge the other sides grievance,  and until there have been a few other post.   Thus it is less obvious. 

 

           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Maybe it's the way you visually come off. Why the huge "look at me" headlines....

6Zuwr0D.png

I hit <Submit Reply> by accident after seeing TCM's reply notification after copying / pasting the news headline.  I normally do a 20 font size, the website won't allow me to adjust it during any edits. Any attempt will result in the default 14 text font size.   A bug that needs to be fixed.

Edited by hamradio
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Ah,  instead of looking inward,  you attack the other side;  classic!  

What you were doing was deflection;  E.g. saying 'this is clearly RACISM' implies that the prior racist act that was the basis of the discussion wasn't really that bad,,, but this,,,,,,what I found,,, this,, is RACISM!!!!!

Note that we all do this;  E.g. in the thread about Trudeau and blackface, libs had to bring in Trump as their way of saying that what Trudeau did wasn't so bad,, since,,,,, well,  Trump is worse!!!

Hey,  I do this also, BUT the key to using deflection is all in the timing:   I.e. don't make that deflecting post until one has acknowledge the other sides grievance,  and until there have been a few other post.   Thus it is less obvious. 

 

           

I never criticized Trudeau in the thread clearing stated why are people dredging up history of things people do while young. I posted a photo of the Arabian Knights to show he was only trying to imitate the CARTOON character in costume.  I also said Trudeau should NOT resign over that blown way out of proportion photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hamradio said:

No it's not right, I said they should be temporary suspended, permanently if it reoccurs.

The boys should also be made to make a PUBLIC apology to her.

Related to your use of deflection;  you have yet to acknowledge that the attack that started this discussion was a racist act.  Remember you initially said it was just bullying. 

Your last comment on this attack of the girl is above and amount to 'it's not right'.    

This is why I asked 'what's your point' when you posted that racist act by blacks on Jews.   

Was your point that BOTH are clearly racist acts (i.e. you have changed your POV and this attack on the girl was more than just bullying)    OR that the attack on the girl was just bullying,,,, and here is an actually racist act?

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Related to your use of deflection;  you have yet to acknowledge that the attack that started this discussion was a racist act.  Remember you initially said it was just bullying. 

Your last comment on this attack of the girl is above and amount to 'it's not right'.    

This is why I asked 'what's your point' when you posted that racist act by blacks on Jews.   

Was your point that BOTH are clearly racist acts (i.e. you have changed your POV and this attack on the girl was more than just bullying)    OR that the attack on the girl was just bullying,,,, and here is an actually racist act?

 

 

I'm hoping the school will get to the motive why the boys attacked the girl.  Was it plain bullying due to her looks (which is common to whites as well) or was racism an alternative motive.  The original news report is vague. NEITHER racism or bullying is right and the schools don't seem to be properly addressing the latter.

https://newsone.com/3851376/black-students-committing-suicide-from-bullying/

Rosalie Avila, 13 committed suicide from bullying from classmates whom also taunted her on being ugly.   See my point!

2786566_121517-kabc-ie-bullying-suicide-

 

My 2 post about attacks on Jews is separate and did not REPLY to you or anyone else in regard to it.  Guess I should had waited for another member to post their news report.  There was another attack just a couple of weeks ago and already posted that one.  (The one where Princess of Tap said she recognized him).

I gave the reason behind oversize text on that post.

Edited by hamradio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I'm hoping the school will get to the motive why the boys attacked the girl.  Was it plain bullying due to her looks (which is common to whites as well) or was racism an alternative motive.  The original news report is vague. NEITHER racism or bullying is right and the schools don't seem to be properly addressing the latter.

https://newsone.com/3851376/black-students-committing-suicide-from-bullying/

Rosalie Avila, 13 committed suicide from bullying from classmates whom also taunted her on being ugly.   See my point!

2786566_121517-kabc-ie-bullying-suicide-

 

My 2 post about attacks on Jews is separate and did not REPLY to you or anyone else in regard to it.  Guess I should had waited for another member to post their news report.  There was another attack just a couple of weeks ago and already posted that one.  (The one where Princess of Tap said she recognized him).

I gave the reason behind oversize text on that post.

Thanks for explaining your POV on if the attack on the girl was just standard teen bullying or a racially motivated.

As for your POV that her hair style is "common to whites as well" and therefore implying not strictly representative of the African-American culture (and thus the attack may not be racially motivated).

I find that POV rather odd,  at best.   To me it would be like telling a Jew that the swastika that was painted on their door might not represent hate towards Jews since the symbol has been used historically by groups other than the Nazis.       Yea,  that is possible,  but highly unlikely! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thanks for explaining your POV on if the attack on the girl was just standard teen bullying or a racially motivated.

As for your POV that her hair style is "common to whites as well" and therefore implying not strictly representative of the African-American culture (and thus the attack may not be racially motivated).

I find that POV rather odd,  at best.   To me it would be like telling a Jew that the swastika that was painted on their door might not represent hate towards Jews since the symbol has been used historically by groups other than the Nazis.       Yea,  that is possible,  but highly unlikely! 

 

 

 

You may not believe this but there is a Jewish version of the swastika (yeah I was STUNNED too! :blink:).  It's a shame Hitler hijacked the ancient symbol of Peace, Law, Abundance and turned its representation into an image of evil. :( 

The one the Nazi's used is at a 45 degree angle.

0000000000000000000000000.jpg

 

Finland has one that is blue and NOT at the 45 degree angle.

https://www.businessinsider.com/swastika-why-finland-still-uses-2018-9

 

Even the ancient Romans used it, 2nd - 3rd century AD!  It is a mirror image.

roman-geometric-mosaic-2nd-3rd-century-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looks like the girl made the story up.    Now that says more about racism in America today than if her story was true.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/us/virginia-girl-fake-story-about-cut-dreadlocks/index.html

Excerpt..."To the administrators and families of Immanuel Christian School, we are sorry for the damage this incident has done to trust within the school family and the undue scorn it has brought to the school.

Not to mention the damage this does to people with legitimate claims :angry:

This is why we must be cautious when it comes to allegations. School should punish her for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2016 at 7:12 AM, TomJH said:

It is sadly predictable. A man blatantly dog whistled to racists during an election and was elected to the most powerful office in the world. Most people voted for him for reasons other than that, of course, but they also knew that the appeal to bigotry was there, as well.

 

Now a series of incidents are being reported (kids in school, a passenger on a plane causing a black woman to cry, etc., sometimes with the name Trump being raised). And before you say that racism has always been with us, at least have the honesty to acknowledge that Trump's candidacy has made racist comments more "permissible" for some in the name of fighting political correctness.

 

One poster on these threads proclaimed that he was glad and proud that he was a white man. Before Donald Trump's arrival on the political scene, how likely were we to have seen that same comment here?

 

We have entered an ugly period in prejudice. Scapegoating by some going through times of economic uncertainty will do that. But Trump's appointment of Steve Bannon, a man accused of anti-Semistism and white supremacy, to a top White House role only adds to the fears of many Americans that bigotry resides in the Oval Office. Trump's desire to reward those loyal to him in this case has only added to a nation's racial divide.

 

 

A ton started under 0bama too  Having Farakan & Sharpton on a regular basis to the white house!?

 

The former a well known outspoken Jew hater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 12:40 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,  it is.   But what is your point here?   I hope it isn't that there are others like you  (but that is how it comes off). 

 

alright James, for posting this, unlike the major media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempting to prove that nappy hair is a race neutral term? Priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, spence said:

A ton started under 0bama too  Having Farakan & Sharpton on a regular basis to the white house!?

 

The former a well known outspoken Jew hater

Yeah, how many times was Farrakhan at the Obama White House anyway?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, how many times was Farrakhan at the Obama White House anyway?

Not as many times as I've seen Ted Nugent in the Oval Office with trump.

Is "Cat Scratch Fever" the only hit record he ever had?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Not as many times as I've seen Ted Nugent in the Oval Office with trump.

Is "Cat Scratch Fever" the only hit record he ever had?

You're asking the wrong person. I would say that is his best known song to those of

us who don't own any Ted Nugent albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


© 2019 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...