Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

Thank you Lawrence for your high powered perception, you should put a job resume in to the cable news networks.
But seriously, I didn't respond to Bogie's post because I didn't want to waste a rat trap on a mouse. So thank you again.

Sure it was. It wouldn't have anything to do with your inability to express a clear and cogent thought in your own words, only through repeated posting of the same videos and copy/pasted articles, with the occasional (and often misspelled) sentence fragment attached .

But I guess I should be thankful you didn't post another series of poorly-written song lyric parodies like some one who keeps telling the same lame joke that no one else thinks is funny but yet you insist on repeating it ad nauseum

• Like 1

Can someone EXPLAIN this ad!  What's not OK, a white guy being whiter or inter racial dating?? :huh::wacko:

6277082227_cce1b17773_o.jpg

Can someone EXPLAIN this ad!  What's not OK, a white guy being whiter or inter racial dating?? :huh::wacko:

Okay, let me re-word my previous response (since it was deleted for some reason). The girl in the picture being held up, the one next to the white guy, is a white girl in makeup.

I could understand the concern if the girl was in blackface but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

So while the girl complaining is correct that 'this is NOT who I am',  it appears to be what one of her 'group'  (culture) is,  at least when she is partying.

PS:  I could see a legit complaint if someone posted a photo with the caption of 'this is how those people behave' but in this case I don't see any behavior to be ashamed of.  

I could understand the concern if the girl was in blackface but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Except that it is. You guys need to get your eyes checked (or a bigger montor). You can see her real skin color where the makeup doesn't meet her hairline under her cap.

Except that it is. You guys need to get your eyes checked (or a bigger montor). You can see her real skin color where the makeup doesn't meet her hairline under her cap.

Yes, I'm using a laptop.    Ok now I get it.   I'm surprised someone would go to the trouble to do full body (well maybe not full body, ha ha),  skin make-up just for a costume.    She even got under her arms (which I did check out closely on my small screen before I posted and that looked 'real').

Man you must have super eye sight, I had to copy it and enlarge just to barely see the very thin hairline.  Never seen anyone went to that extent of portraying a black! :blink:

Man you must have super eye sight, I had to copy it and enlarge just to barely see the very thin hairline.  Never seen anyone went to that extent of portraying a black! :blink:

I think maybe I was more aware of it, as there have been a few news stories about college parties at nearby UF and FSU where the frat boys and sorority girls went full body blackface.

hamradio--I don't know where you found that poster, but I Googled the slogan "We're a culture, not a costume" and got a lot of 2011, 2012, and 2013 links.

STARS stands for Students Teaching About Racism in Society.  Apparently it was first formed in Athens, Ohio at Ohio University in 2011 and went National.  It started as a protest against wearing racist Halloween costumes.

Information is from colorlines.com.

Look at the poster.  The guy looks somewhat like Robert Pattinson from the "Twilight" movies; I can't identify who the girl's supposed to be.

Can someone EXPLAIN this ad! What's not OK, a white guy being whiter or inter racial dating?? :huh::wacko:

6277082227_cce1b17773_o.jpg

Ham--

We got to notify you the next time they show Al Jolson on TCM. You're missing a big chunk of American History here.LOL

"Tuesday that Trump confided to multiple state Attorneys General that while anti-Semitism is “reprehensible,” actions that anti-Semites take to denigrate Jewish people may sometimes be done *by* Jewish people themselves in order to scapegoat their opposition.

“Sometimes it’s the reverse,” Trump said in the meeting,....

http://usuncut.com/news/trump-anti-semitic-false-flag/

:wacko:

Look at the poster.  The guy looks somewhat like Robert Pattinson from the "Twilight" movies; I can't identify who the girl's supposed to be.

Or maybe...

9sz20y.jpg

:P:lol:

Here's something, blacks wearing blackface. :wacko:

Called the Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club during Mardi Gras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_Social_Aid_%26_Pleasure_Club

http://thegrio.com/2014/03/04/mardi-gras-zulu-tradition-raises-racial-questions/

Ham--

In American history black people wore black face in the black Minstrel shows because that was the traditional way that white people performed in the minstrel shows imitating black people.

Again I would suggest that you look at some documentaries on American history particularly those concerning a great American performer named Bert Williams.

I believe he was the first black man to appear in the Ziegfeld Follies.

In order for his act to appeal to the white audience he had to Black up.

Ham--

In American history black people wore black face in the black Minstrel shows because that was the traditional way that white people performed in the minstrel shows imitating black people.

Again I would suggest that you look at some documentaries on American history particularly those concerning a great American performer named Bert Williams.

I believe he was the first black man to appear in the Ziegfeld Follies.

In order for his act to appeal to the white audience he had to Black up.

Interesting.

Dancing in the Dark, tells the story of the real-life Bert Williams.

dancing-in-the-dark.jpg

BertWilliamsPhotoPortraitWithCigarette.j

• Like 3

While once discussing music with some black guys at the plant, I had to laugh at the insight of one guy who used the term "Whitenin' " to describe how many early Rhythm & Blues  artists had to get their hair "proccessed" and dilute the music so that white people wouldn't feel "threatened" by any of them or it.

They allowed that I was an exception to that rule, but I allowed that overall, it was likely true.

Sepiatone

I don't know where to exactly post this, quite disturbing.  Came across it by accident - can't make this stuff up.

Lego Concentration Camp  Zyklon B sold extra. :o:blink:

Libera,+Lego+Concentration+Camp.jpg

00080.jpg

While once discussing music with some black guys at the plant, I had to laugh at the insight of one guy who used the term "Whitenin' " to describe how many early Rhythm & Blues artists had to get their hair "proccessed" and dilute the music so that white people wouldn't feel "threatened" by any of them or it.

They allowed that I was an exception to that rule, but I allowed that overall, it was likely true.

Sepiatone

Berry Gordy made millions of dollars on that concept and he called it Motown.

• Like 2

Berry Gordy made millions of dollars on that concept and he called it Motown.

His and my point exactly.  :)

On another sort of track, authorities arrested a Missouri journalist for making bomb threats to at least eight Jewish community centers.  His name is JUAN THOMPSON.  No word if he's Muslim of not.  So far, they're blaming a relationship gone wrong for his actions.

LEONARD PITTS JR.'s column today made mention of an Arabic run website calling for funds to be raised by their readers to help pay for the destruction done to a Jewish cemetary in St. Louis.  They cited a passage in the Koran in which the prophet Mohammed was asked why he stood up as a Jewish funeral passed by.  The prophet supposedly asked, "Was that not a human soul?"

Yeah.  Let's keep those guys out of here.

Sepiatone

This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World- “The Camp of the Saints” tells a grotesque tale about a migrant invasion to destroy Western civilization.

"Stephen Bannon, President Donald Trump’s chief strategist and the driving force behind the administration’s controversial ban on travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries, has a favorite metaphor he uses to describe the largest refugee crisis in human history.

“It’s been almost a Camp of the Saints-type invasion into Central and then Western and Northern Europe,” he said in October 2015.

“The whole thing in Europe is all about immigration,” he said in January 2016. “It’s a global issue today — this kind of global Camp of the Saints.” .....

“It is really shockingly racist,” Chavez told The Huffington Post, “and to have the counselor to the president see this as one of his touchstones, I think, says volumes about his attitude.”

58b7538d2200001f004ae1cf.jpeg The cover of this English translation of The Camp of the Saints calls it “a chilling novel about the end of the white world.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-camp-of-the-saints-immigration_us_58b75206e4b0284854b3dc03?

:blink:

• Like 2