Racism in Trump's America

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

bMkrnIQF_bigger.jpg

Wait... WHAT??? WHY OAKLAND?

4:05 AM · Mar 8, 2020·Twitter for Android

15 hours ago, jakeem said:

N86hKTtJ_bigger.jpg

Longtime Oakland council member Larry Reid asks the question: "I just don’t understand why if it’s safe enough for them to offload the passengers into Oakland why isn’t it safe enough for them to offload the passengers in San Francisco?”

1:42 AM · Mar 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

I wonder why?

Why not set up one of those old school tuberculosis style sanatoriums to house corona patients?

4257b30bc5764bb8920f20ae84ded8b8.jpg?w=2

Think I'm about to find out exactly HOW WORRIED some really are!

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

u54wLMme_bigger.jpg

Video of my question to @realDonaldTrump today on his administration's disbanding of the White House team responsible for coordinating responses to pandemics. He called my question nasty & said he knew nothing about it. I call it a relevant, fair, and truth-seeking question.

5:23 PM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter Web App

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

W5yKx8um_bigger.jpg

WATCH: @Yamiche asked the president about a reorganization of the National Security Council that dismantled a key pandemics team in 2018. President Trump: "I just think it's a nasty question... You say we did that, I don't know anything about it."

See the source image

5:09 PM · Mar 13, 2020·Grabyo

In his business career trump never had to answer for his dealings-- his lawyers fixed it all up with bankruptcies and such, as out-of-court settlements.

trump has been shown time and time again he has no respect for women, and as a racist I imagine he would have next to no respect for a black woman, even though she is a professional  journalist for the "PBS NewsHour".

If you contract the Coronavirus or a close friend or loved one or even a work colleague dies from this virus, you will have a right to know why trump dismantled Obama's emergency preparedness staff and organization for epidemics.

A Journalist has to ask the hard questions because the American public has a right to know because of the First Amendment.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, noah80 said:

trump takes time out to tweet about the royal couple today:

I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!

Now this is a typical example of what a racist will do.

Go off on an unsolicited, off the wall, trivial rant about their hated/ victimized group of people.

And for a narcissistic sociopath, these two individuals are doubly hated because they didn't invite him to their wedding. LOL

But racism and triviality aside, you've got to ask yourself:

Doesn't the president of the United States have more important issues to be publicly concerned about? --

Considering we're in the middle of a nationwide pandemic which has already killed more than 2,000 Americans?

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

XToCeC8M_bigger.jpg

Remember that DHS memo that sounded a lot like the white supremacist slogan, "The 14 Words? Heavily redacted FOIA docs show Katie Waldman was involved in circulating the draft https://dhs.gov/news/2018/02/15/we-must-secure-border-and-build-wall-make-america-safe-again

2:45 PM · Apr 6, 2020·Twitter Web

W7_koTCq_bigger.jpg

Mike Pence's press secretary Katie Waldman

3:35 PM · Apr 6, 2020·Twitter Web Client

EfmT7j7-_bigger.jpg

Stephen Miller's now-wife. As I've been saying, the infiltration has been at all governmental levels. And it's not just in the United States, of course -- look at the UK and Hungary, for example.

3:04 PM · Apr 6, 2020·Twitter Web Client

And everyone was wanting to know--

What kind of woman would marry Stephen Miller?

Obviously Katie is his kind of woman.

Birds of a feather.....

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

DJR_TWITTER_5_bigger.jpg

Tom Cotton is the GOP idea of the Trump of tomorrow. Which is important for people to remember. Once Trump goes, that's not the end of the story. The hate, demagoguery & danger will come from new sources.

11:19 AM · Apr 26, 2020·Twitter Web Client

No new source really, it's still the GOP and it's always been the GOP.

54 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

“Pocahontas” Not a Racial Slur, Says Prominent White Expert

borowitz-andy.png
November 28, 2017

This image may contain Human Person Symbol Flag Home Decor Crowd and Finger Photograph by Chip Somodevilla / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump’s use of the name “Pocahontas” at a White House event honoring Navajo veterans was not a racial slur, a prominent white expert said on Monday.

“If some Native Americans were offended by the use of this term, I’m sorry that they’re so wrong,” the expert said. “As a white person, I think I’m in a better position to know about this stuff.”

She also defended the decision to honor the Navajo veterans near a portrait of Andrew Jackson, who is widely reviled by Native Americans. “Before we held the ceremony, we consulted with a number of other white experts, and we all agreed that Andrew Jackson was great,” she said.

At times, the white expert seemed exasperated at having to explain to Native Americans what was a racial slur and what was not. “Look, I can explain it to them, but it’s real time-consuming, and I have a lot of other stuff to do,” she said.

In closing, the Caucasian said that accusing Trump of intentionally offending the Navajos was absurd. “No one knows more about offending people than Donald Trump,” she said.

Brilliant use of satire by Borowitz to explain a complicated issue, for some, but obviously a simplistic one for others.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

Stephen Miller is not expected to come into the White House for the foreseeable future, according to people familiar with his plans, after his wife tested positive for coronavirus.

7:00 AM · May 11, 2020·TweetDeck

While there are a number of racists in the White House today, including the president, it is still exhilarating to get rid of at least two of them-- even if only momentarily.

• Like 1

Early Data Shows Black People Are Being Disproportionally Arrested for Social Distancing Violations

Crowds of mostly white protesters have defied Ohio’s stay-at-home order without arrest, while in several of the state’s biggest jurisdictions, police departments have primarily arrested black people for violating the order.

https://www.propublica.org/article/in-some-of-ohios-most-populous-areas-black-people-were-at-least-4-times-as-likely-to-be-charged-with-stay-at-home-violations-as-whites?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

<_<

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

So this woman is the same birther who told President Obama he needed to check with his brother who's living in a Hut in Kenya.

So, do you think a birther would ever tell the truth about President Obama?

Kayleigh mcenany has left a clear trail of evidence showing her racist hatred against President Obama is always at the top of her agenda.

trump sure knows how to Pick'em.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

UEg5exR4_bigger.png

This is a dog whistle. A dog whistle is something someone - say, a white politician - might use to appeal to his base (which might skew older, rural, male and lesser educated) - by attacking someone else, say, a black politician. Often used to distract from one's own failures

2:06 PM · May 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

vR27tyXJ_bigger.jpeg

Here's the same person earlier this year on Cory Booker:

12:38 PM · May 18, 2020·TweetDeck

You can't blame racists for making racist comments-- that would be like blaming a dog for barking--

dogs bark because they're dogs.

But these racists might have had even a smidgen of credibility if they hadn't  selected:

1) A Harvard Law School graduate and

2) An Oxford Rhodes Scholar

to characterize as lazy. 😎

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

SS8u1sEu_bigger.jpg

Trump is super racist. His campaign & his appeal is built on the perpetuation of white supremacy & white privilege. He stokes white fragility. When a Black person supports him I question their relationship to their Blackness and the community. This is what Biden was alluding to.

11:30 AM · May 22, 2020·TweetDeck

Well said.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Well said.

I can't agree with that;  this part of his comment is racist: When a Black person supports him I question their relationship to their Blackness and the community.

Really,   what the the hell is 'blackness'?       This type of over-the-top identity politics is what has been hurting the Dem party.      Note that Albright tried a similar stunt when campaigning for Hillary Clinton.   It backfired,   as this type of crap should.     Grouping people together and marginalizing them just to get votes isn't cool.  

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I can't agree with that;  this part of his comment is racist: When a Black person supports him I question their relationship to their Blackness and the community.

Really,   what the the hell is 'blackness'?       This type of over-the-top identity politics is what has been hurting the Dem party.      Note that Albright tried a similar stunt when campaigning for Hillary Clinton.   It backfired,   as this type of crap should.     Grouping people together and marginalizing them just to get votes isn't cool.  

Of course they're trying to give Joe an EXCUSE...it's called double standards.  :angry:

I can see a few posters think racist jokes are funny long as it's said by a Democrat.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

Former Trump aide won $3 million contract to supply masks to Navajo Nation amid pandemic but hundreds of thousands of the masks aren't suitable for medical work http://hill.cm/wt4QnP9

3:40 AM · May 23, 2020·SocialFlow

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

xd4-jgzB_bigger.jpg

Why is Trump sending ventilators to Russia, but not helping Americans in the Navajo Nation, who have the highest per capita cases in the country?

1:22 PM · May 23, 2020·Twitter Web App

trump has a pejorative viewpoint on American citizens who are not white and who may speak a different native language, other than English.

What's apparent is that he has a low opinion of black people, American Muslims and Latinos from his various statements and controversial behaviors concerning American citizens from these various groups.

His cruel response to the Puerto Rican hurricane came in part because of the ethnicity and predominant language of the Puerto Ricans.

trump felt that they weren't " Real" Americans, so they didn't really deserve as much attention and help as the white Floridians.

And to bottom the whole thing off, he mocked the American Puerto Rican hurricane victims by throwing rolls of paper towels at them, like the way you throw treats to a dog.

Now, trump's treatment of our Native Americans is typical of his bigotry and racism--

to think that he cares more about foreigners, than he cares about our own people.

But, we need a president who is going to be president for All American citizens--

and not just for the white ones who vote for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

:(

·
6h

Amy Cooper, the woman who called 911 on a black man and claimed she was being attacked
after he asked her to leash her dog in Central Park (the law),
has been placed on admin leave.
---------------------------------------------------

In response to an incident involving an employee on May 25th,  'Franklin Templeton Investments' issued the following statement: 
EY6T_YbXYAMM7Pe?format=jpg&name=900x900

========================================

CanadianBot

@dopeschemes

She even gave her dog back

EY6YlolUwAAjkpG?format=jpg&name=large

:huh:

On 5/22/2020 at 5:58 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

It means that a person must have self-hatred to what they are, if they support a man who openly displays his racism, and whose policies hurt his group.  If you support a politician who shows his disdain for your group, and worse, is actively trying to hurt them, then you too must harbor the same disdain/ hatred, hence, self-hatred.

As a Mexican, I always tell other Mexicans/Latinos who are Trump supporters that they must agree with Trump that they, their fathers, uncles, brothers, sons, nephews, etc.  all Mexicans are rapists and murderers, as Trump has said.  Self-hatred, pure and simple.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

YLiH4MlA_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: Four Minneapolis police officers were fired following the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died after an officer kneeled on his neck while he was handcuffed on the ground, shouting that he couldn’t breathe.

3:28 PM · May 26, 2020·SocialFlow

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

Minneapolis Mayor Frey: ”This man's life matters ... He should not have died ... When you hear someone calling for help, you are supposed to help, and this officer failed in the most basic human sense."

11:24 AM · May 26, 2020·TweetDeck

This sort of Barbaric Behavior has gotten much worse since trump became president. He enables and supports racism and racists.

• Sad 1

Banning Amy Cooper does nothing.

Black folks know there's always another Amy Cooper.

She knew her whiteness and his Blackness would make the cops perceive her as uniquely vulnerable — and leave him uniquely vulnerable to the cops.

.........Amy Cooper only became scared when it was time to perform fear to seal Christian Cooper’s potential fate. And the fate she was willing to set up for Christian is what sadly actually happened to George Floyd, who died that same night in Minneapolis at the hand of four police officers. Floyd’s death gained attention after a Facebook video showing a white officer kneeling on his neck as he pleaded with police, “I can’t breathe,” surfaced.

That’s why I say Amy Cooper and her apology can go directly to hell.............

Also this is part of America, where it’s not so much an aberration that the president is a white supremacist as that he is so incompetent and messy about it.

So, no, I am not at all shocked that this happened here — and if you still find it shocking that a white woman living in New York City who has donated to Democrats could effectively fake a call to the police knowing the life of a Black man would be forfeit as a result, I highly invite you to grow up................

when white people routinely exploit a racist caste system that results in Black pain, trauma and potential death, the people who really need to be talking to the Amys about their attitudes are the other Amys, not the Christians."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/banning-amy-cooper-does-nothing-black-folks-know-there-s-ncna1215591

<_<

• Haha 1

Christian Cooper Urges An End To Threats Targeting White Woman Who Accosted Him

Cooper on CNN decried the death threats directed at the woman, saying that made no sense and defied logic.

........Christian Cooper told CNN’s Don Lemon on Tuesday that he didn’t want to make a situation worse and said as offensive as the woman’s actions, people should remain civil.

“I am told there has been death threats and that is wholly inappropriate and abhorrent and should stop immediately,” he said. “I find it strange that people who were upset that ... that she tried to bring death by cop down on my head, would then turn around and try to put death threats on her head.

Where is the logic in that? ..........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/christian-cooper-amy-cooper-cnn_n_5eceae1ac5b62912873f03b5?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&__twitter_impression=true

On 5/26/2020 at 6:49 PM, mr6666 said:

Lost her job over the incident, she offered an apology stating she over reacted. You think? :blink: