Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

tPjNewNg_bigger.jpg

First on CNN... here is The Lincoln Project’s scathing new TV ad, “Flag of Treason.” $500k ad buy for spot which will run in Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan and DC, group says. Hits Trump’s record on race and inability to unite the nation.

10:11 PM · May 31, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Video explains why a vote for trump is a vote against America.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jakeem said:

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Sen. Tim Scott told us about his personal experiences being stopped by law enforcement, including an incident two months ago for an improper use of a turn signal

1:15 PM · Jun 2, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

24 minutes ago, jakeem said:

20 minutes ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

.@GarrettHaake: "All while I was listening to the President of the United States speak in my ear about law and order, I was watching people fall down as they ran, I was watching people get pushed aside by police forces."

2:03 AM · Jun 2, 2020·SocialFlow

trump ordering teargas and rubber bullets on innocent constitutionally protesting American citizens accompanied by children in a public park.

What kind of people would vote for a monster like this?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

I0nuf8pK_bigger.jpg

In some potential good news, it looks like Rep. Steve King, whose overt racism, backwards bigotry and self-righteous ignorance has been a cancer on this country for 17 years, is about to lose his primary.

🤞🏻

10:39 PM · Jun 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

" The answer my friend is Blowin' in the Wind

The answer is Blowin' the Wind."

"For The Times

They Are A-Changin' "

• Haha 1

How A Mother Protects Her Black Teenage Son From The World

..........tells her son that he can't do the thing he loves most in the world, because it isn't safe.

"When Shawn was young — he's got a lot of energy. He's a runner, and all he wants to do is be outside. And I had to tell my little boy that you can't run in our neighborhood. If you're going to run, I need you in a track uniform and I need you running with other people, because even with that, you could still be seen as a threat," she says.

Shawn has black friends and white friends.

But "you can't do the same things that your white friends do," Richardson remembers telling him. "It's going to be viewed in a totally different way."...........

"The systems that we have built within this country have been built with racism at the core," she says. "People will talk about our systems being broken. Our systems are working just the way that they were designed to work."

So as long as the system works this way, she protects her son by telling him he can't run outside. And he will tell her that it's not the end of the world — how a son protects his mother.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/03/868173915/how-a-mother-protects-her-black-teenage-son-from-the-world?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

For some reason, this doesn't surprise me at all. LMREO

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

And The Beat Goes On.....

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

:o

Maryland police are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the man below in reference to an assault that took place June 1 on the Capital Creacent trail.

Contact Det. Lopez at 301-929-2774 with any information; reference case number 20001297. #MDpolitics

4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Maryland police are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the man below in reference to an assault that took place June 1 on the Capital Creacent trail.

Contact Det. Lopez at 301-929-2774 with any information; reference case number 20001297. #MDpolitics

This reminds me of all those defacing the Emmett Till sign.

17 hours ago, jakeem said:

Bernice King was just a little girl crying on her mother's lap when her father was assassinated.

She informs us here that on the internet there is a white supremacist activity going on where people mock the death of George Floyd as they kneel.

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Too bad he didn't inform birther trump about that--

Or did he?

“I only feel safe twice a day. When I wake up in my home. And when I return to it after work.”
(THREAD) a black man in my district told me this yesterday.
He went on to say, “I work hard to buy a nice car. But my neighbors look at me like I stole it. I drive to work on
the freeway and local cops routinely pull behind me to run my plates.

All I want to come out of this (Floyd) is to feel safe in more places than just my home.”

The man who shared that with me is a senior member of a major Bay Area police agency.

For officers in America,
Institutional racism, and the feeling of being seen as “dangerous and guilty” is not limited to only the people you interact with on the streets.
This is how your black brothers in arms feel.

Would go a long way if you asked them. #BlackLivesMatter

-_-

On the Minds of Black Lives Matter Protesters: A Racist Health System

Black lives are being lost to COVID-19 at twice the rate of others.

For protesters we talked to, that’s one more reason to be on the street. “If it’s not police beating us up, it’s us dying in a hospital from the pandemic,” one said.

https://www.propublica.org/article/on-the-minds-of-black-lives-matters-protestors-a-racist-health-system?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#963005

19 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Bernice King was just a little girl crying on her mother's lap when her father was assassinated.

She informs us here that on the internet there is a white supremacist activity going on where people mock the death of George Floyd as they kneel.

Watched on the AHC channel "Justice for MLK, The Hunt For James Earl Ray" last night.  Learned a lot of new stuff.  To this day some are baffled why a 4 time loser (what one called Ray) kill MLK for no reason. I normally don't get the AHC channel, not part of the Total Choice package :( but Directv giving some channels free for a while due to Covid.  Reason why I haven't seen the 2015 documentary.

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/american-heroes-channel-chronicles-the-groundbreaking-international-search-for-dr-martin-luther-king-jr-s-killer-in-justice-for-mlk-the-hunt-for-james-earl-ray/

King's family believe he was innocent (believe it or not))

image-placeholder-title.jpg

42 minutes ago, jakeem said:

40 minutes ago, jakeem said:

With not meeting the leadership demands of crisis after crisis, failing miserably in the polls on all levels, thousands of people dying daily  from a pandemic that he could have  lessened,

trump has to stoke that racist base oh, if he has any chance of re-election.

He knows that his white supremacist supporters are people that he can always count on. So, any kind of racial tension in the American society is to his political advantage in his opinion.

That's why trump is always trying to divide Americans-- he thinks it's to his political advantage.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

The old Central Park 5/ birther just couldn't help himself.

trump's like that old fire horse who automatically runs to the fire every time he hears the alarm go off.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

uvXc_cII_bigger.jpg

Barr to CBS: "I think there's racism in the United States still but I don't think that the law enforcement system is systemically racist."

11:07 AM · Jun 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

DtGEER_-_bigger.jpg

If you are unwilling to acknowledge the existence of systemic racism among law enforcement across our country,then you won’t come close to solving the problem of police brutality.

11:10 AM · Jun 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Conclusion: US attorney general Barr has no problem with police brutality against black American citizens in America.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

1iNto07U_bigger.jpg

CNN

GOP chairs of 4 Texas counties have recently promoted on Facebook unfounded conspiracy theories related to George Floyd's death, leading top Republicans in the state to condemn the posts and call on some of the chairs to resign, The Texas Tribune reports

10:04 PM · Jun 5, 2020·SocialFlow

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

With thousands of Americans and even thousands more in the world, pouring into the streets, protesting--

Demanding Equality for black American citizens in the United States of America may be just a little too much constitutional democracy for some GOP racists.