Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TomJH

Racism in Trump's America

Today is the 52th anniversary of Bloody Sunday - -

white racist violence against innocent black non-violent demonstrators on the bridge in Selma Alabama.

Civil rights hero Democratic Congressman John Lewis was beaten to a bloody pulp there.

A Great Anniversary in American History!

BTW-- That's the same John Lewis that Trump insulted on

Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Day

What I find odd in that obvious ploy of denial is that there's a cemetary in Wyandotte MI that's over 200 years old, located close to the Detroit River where the wind gets pretty high, and NONE of IT'S tombstones have ever toppled over.

But also to note:

None of the people buried there were Jewish.

Sepiatone

What I find odd in that obvious ploy of denial is that there's a cemetary in Wyandotte MI that's over 200 years old, located close to the Detroit River where the wind gets pretty high, and NONE of IT'S tombstones have ever toppled over.

But also to note:

None of the people buried there were Jewish.

Sepiatone

If what your insinuating turns out to be the truth I will acknowledge the article I posted as being false

www.washingtonpost.com/national/in-northern-georgia-a-****-banner-seemed-to-some-a-sign-of-the-times/2017/03/12/de5a3518-05bd-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.9111ee1bfdfd&wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

DSC_0746.JPG?uuid=wCTOpgWtEeedFJck1I9WZg

Welcome to Trump's America.

Dahlonega GA.

It further documents that Trumpism has made it permissable for racists, haters, etc. to become more public and more active. They now, correctly, believe their views are shared by those in power. Or at least those in power will not do anything to restrict their activities.

Remember few initially supported Hitler and he even went to jail.

"The land of the free and the home of the brave"

rick-louie-gambling.jpg

"I'm shocked . . . SHOCKED the Justice Department didn't provide evidence of Obama wiretapping Trump today!"

"Really, Louie, shocked?"

"No, not really. I just like saying that a lot."

No problem. Trump has the evidence of the Obama wiretapping in the same file where he placed Obama's Kenya birth certificate--Yeah, so I guess it's going to be an even longer wait for that one too! LMREO

• Like 1

Racism motivated Trump voters more than authoritarianism
During the 2016 presidential campaign, many observers wondered exactly what motivated voters most: Was it income? Authoritarianism? Racial attitudes?

Let the analyses begin. Last week, the widely respected 2016 American National Election Study was released, sending political scientists into a flurry of data modeling and chart making.

• Like 2

All I can state is that it's what motivated most of the Trump voter's I know.  Can't speak of what motivated all the others.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

All I can state is that it's what motivated most of the Trump voter's I know.  Can't speak of what motivated all the others.

Sepiatone

Racism is what motivates a lot of Republican voters as well, at all levels.

• Like 3

Also racism is what keeps many working class, lower middle class and middle class white Americans out of the Democratic party because they don't want to be identified as being in a party that has a strong base of non-white people i.e. a party of minority people.

Even though some of the policies of this party would benefit them personally.

Plus I think alot of lower class whites ape the upper class rich whites who dominate and control the Republican party and are trying to identify with them in some pathetic way.

• Like 1

Also racism is what keeps many working class, lower middle class and middle class white Americans out of the Democratic party because they don't want to be identified as being in a party that has a strong base of non-white people i.e. a party of minority people.

Even though some of the policies of this party would benefit them personally.

Plus I think alot of lower class whites ape the upper class rich whites who dominate and control the Republican party and are trying to identify with them in some pathetic way.

Racism on the part of who?   The Dem establishment leaders or these lower middle class white Americans?    I see some racism on both sides.

I do believe that the Dem's party identity politics stance sends a message to many white voters there isn't enough room in the tent for them.    But as you note many of the actual Dem policies would benefit them.     So it comes down to messaging. 

Racism is what motivates a lot of Republican voters as well, at all levels.

None of it is a "given" as I know people who vote faithfully for EITHER party who are racist, and the same amount of people who do so who AREN'T racist.

But in this case, the NON racist republicans I know did seem to be wary of Trump.  But on the other hand, several of the racist DEMOCRATS I know voted FOR Trump!  What does THAT tell ya?

Sepiatone

None of it is a "given" as I know people who vote faithfully for EITHER party who are racist, and the same amount of people who do so who AREN'T racist.

But in this case, the NON racist republicans I know did seem to be wary of Trump.  But on the other hand, several of the racist DEMOCRATS I know voted FOR Trump!  What does THAT tell ya?

Sepiatone

May be more of a Southern thing with some carryover to other parts of the country.

The  current Republican Party in the South was founded on racism as propagated by Barry Goldwater and then capitalized upon by Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon.  I was there when it happened.

Not saying all Republicans are racists, but it is a large part of the base for much of the country.

• Like 1

trump3_zpskxn7p860.jpg

Racism covers both sides of the camp. Media don't cover black on white racist attacks.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12153/double-standard-authorities-target-white-black-ben-shapiro#

"Bill O'Reilly is accused of harassing one black woman and he is fired.

They didn't fire him when he was accused of harassing all those white women

This firing must be racism."

Here in CA,  a black women is suing Safeway because the check out clerk asked her if she was going to use Food Stamps.   That is NOT a standard practice (i.e. clerks do NOT ask ALL customers that question),  so clearly the clerk was profiling (and this store has few black customers).    After dealing with the store manager,  who wasn't very customer friendly (e.g. said the clerk was just doing her job),  corporate offered her $500.   She didn't accept this and instead filed the lawsuit.

Is a lawsuit really necessary?    The women claims she is doing this to raise awareness.   That is legit but was a suit necessary to do so?   

Here in CA,  a black women is suing Safeway because the check out clerk asked her if she was going to use Food Stamps.   That is NOT a standard practice (i.e. clerks do NOT ask ALL customers that question),  so clearly the clerk was profiling (and this store has few black customers).    After dealing with the store manager,  who wasn't very customer friendly (e.g. said the clerk was just doing her job),  corporate offered her $500.   She didn't accept this and instead filed the lawsuit.

Is a lawsuit really necessary?    The women claims she is doing this to raise awareness.   That is legit but was a suit necessary to do so?   

It's the society we now live in.  There are so many under employed lawyers out there just aching to take a case on spec.

In addition, between media and TV shows, suing is becoming a national pastime.  It also gets media attention.

"I vas only following orders"

It may not be right but it is an interesting defence ...

Trump sounds insane about 1:45 in

• Like 2

"I vas only following orders"

It may not be right but it is an interesting defence ...

Trump sounds insane about 1:45 in

Isn't that the same defense that Nazi commandants in the Holocaust death camps

gave when they were charged with war crimes against humanity?

• Like 1

Isn't that the same defense that Nazi commandants in the Holocaust death camps

gave when they were charged with war crimes against humanity?

Actually went far beyond the concentration camp commandants.  It included SS, Gestapo, Wehrmacht, government employees, etc. at all levels and for tremendous number of crimes.

It actually led to US military establishing the legal principle that anyone in service could be exempted from following an illegal order. Illegal order was anything that in and of itself was illegal or violated the UCMJ, Geneva Convention, etc.  The individual could  not then be court martialed and tried for disobedience of an order inasmuch as it was an illegal order.

• Like 1

:wacko:

the_youngest_tattoo_artist_in_the_world_

And afterwards we will take you down to the range for some target practise with automatic weapons.