Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Racism in Trump's America

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

A Republican lawmaker challenged Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on issues of crime and policing in an unusual — and decidedly personal — confrontation on the Capitol steps, saying she was "disgusting" and a "**** ****."

10:40 AM · Jul 21, 2020·SocialFlow

These kind of comments from GOP misogynists we've seen before  from trump and members of his administration in relationship to black congresswomen.

There seems to be in the GOP a particular lack of respect for minority congresswomen.

Racism and misogyny are twin sins.

• Sad 1
46 minutes ago, jakeem said:

gallerysign_bigger.jpg

Rep Yoho apologizing on House floor right now for nasty remarks to AOC. but says he can't apologize for his "passion, loving *my God, *my family or *my country. "

9:48 AM · Jul 22, 2020·TweetDeck

46 minutes ago, jakeem said:

trump translation:

I have to make a pseudo public apology because I was caught.

It's bad enough that women think they have a right to be in positions of power and to speak their own opinions over those of men.

But when a woman--

who is not even white--

has the audacity to try and override the status quo of male privilege and white supremacy oh, then I just have to speak out because we have to preserve our dominance in the American society.

In fact, that's one of the reasons I'm in Congress.

* Please note the congressman's emphasis on

"My God"

"My family"

"My country".

Undoubtedly, he does have his own family. 

But the white congressman alone, nor those of his race and sex  possesses neither God nor the United States exclusively.

Those who don't believe in equality for all Americans and want to exclude some from the power structure and from the public sphere are so angry about:

people they perceive as being below them participating fully in American Life that their frustration leads to insult  these Americans  or to incite violence against them.

When you don't have an argument that's valid against your adversary, the only thing left for you to do is to attack your adversary on some psychological or physical  personal level.

trump Real University 101

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

trump translation:

I have to make a pseudo public apology because I was caught.

It's bad enough that women think they have a right to be in positions of power and to speak their own opinions over those of men.

But when a woman--

who is not even white--

has the audacity to try and override the status quo of male privilege and white supremacy oh, then I just have to speak out because we have to preserve our dominance in the American society.

In fact, that's one of the reasons I'm in Congress.

* Please note the congressman's emphasis on

"My God"

"My family"

"My country".

Undoubtedly, he does have his own family. 

But the white congressman alone, nor those of his race and sex  possesses neither God nor the United States exclusively.

Those who don't believe in equality for all Americans and want to exclude some from the power structure and from the public sphere are so angry about:

people they perceive as being below them participating fully in American Life that their frustration leads to insult  these Americans  or to incite violence against them.

When you don't have an argument that's valid against your adversary, the only thing left for you to do is to attack your adversary on some psychological or physical  personal level.

trump Real University 101

God made him do it! 

What a POS.

Seeking Suburban Votes, Trump To Repeal Rule Combating Racial Bias In Housing-

..........In a tele-town hall last week, he said that Democrats want to "eliminate single-family zoning, bringing who knows into your suburbs, so your communities will be unsafe and your housing values will go down."

Trump is doing this while most voters are primarily concerned about the pandemic and the recession, and as his standing with voters has suffered due to his response to that crisis.

Here is a rundown of what Trump is talking about with this housing policy and how it could affect the campaign............

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/21/893471887/seeking-suburban-votes-trump-targets-rule-to-combat-racial-bias-in-housing?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&fbclid=IwAR0_SBvMN2PPdpH_vnnVcJS4d6A-tAf4iUJxjEI7Wz99Ha9Q6CzMUn-NmoY

:unsure:

• Sad 1

Black family receives racist letter after posting signs celebrating daughters' graduation

"Even if it wasn't about race, to do something like that to a child, say something like that to children is terrible," father David Sproul said.

..........."Don't you think enough is enough? It's time to take those hideous posters of that ugly fat black girl down off your house," the letter read. "What a disgrace to the neighborhood. In fact, your entire brood is a disgrace to the neighborhood. Consider moving to a 'hood' of your kind. Your neighbors are watching you!"

The father, David Sproul, told NBC News in a phone interview Tuesday that he was shocked by the letter.............

Sproul's wife, Toya, shared the letter on her Facebook page calling the anonymous writer a "coward."

"Racism is alive but we ain't scared!!!! This showed up in my mailbox today," she wrote in a post on Thursday...............

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-family-receives-racist-letter-after-posting-signs-celebrating-daughters-n1235098?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_blk

:(

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

It's about time that the victims of racist police violence come together and dominate the public sphere with a message of justice and equality.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

This is interesting because Kelly is a co-owner of the Atlanta Dream, a WNBA Professional Women's Basketball team, which is predominately made up of black female players.

A number of the women on the team have gone all out in support of Black Lives Matter.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the city of Atlanta in professional sports and in Kelly's bid to be elected to the Senate in November.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Trump dismissed the legacy of the late Rep. John Lewis in an interview with #AxiosOnHBO, saying only that Lewis made a “big mistake” by not coming to his inauguration.

12:16 AM · Aug 4, 2020·TweetDeck

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

gnEWQnf2_bigger.jpeg

Asked how history will remember John Lewis Trump says “I don’t know. I don’t know John Lewis. He chose not to come to my inauguration...no one has done more for Black Americans than I have”

6:20 AM · Aug 4, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

A leopard never changes its spots.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

The Aurora Colorado Police drew guns and handcuffed a black mother and her and other young family members because they mistakenly believed the mother  was driving a stolen vehicle.

Surprisingly, the police did not handcuff the little six-year-old girl who was shown screaming on the pavement.

The police chief said the whole thing was a mistake and mix-up.

So they've all apologized to the family.

But it is too bad that they can't apologize to Elijah McClain.

Elijah died a year ago as a result of an apprehension by Aurora Police.

The 23 year -old black man  was walking home minding his own business when a white person called in to the police saying that Elijah looked suspicious. At that point the Aurora Police intervened and as a result several days later Elijah was dead in the hospital.

In the wake of George Floyd's death, protesters in Aurora have forced the governor to reopen the investigation into Elijah's death.

To make matters worse, some Aurora police officers made a video making fun of how Elijah was apprehended-- the situation which preceded his death.

So now the Aurora Colorado Police Department is being investigated by the state of Colorado --

and none too soon.

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

This video tells us about trump's documented history of racism for over 45 years.

In 1973 the Nixon Department of Justice sued trump and his father for housing discrimination against black Americans.

From the 70's onward--

The rest is history.

The Central Park 5/birther never disappoints.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Trump congratulates vocal QAnon conspiracy theorist Marjorie Taylor Greene on GOP runoff win

He called Greene a "future Republican Star" who is "strong on everything and never gives up"

9:59 AM · Aug 12, 2020·TweetDeck

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

7go0_hyD_bigger.jpg

House GOP leaders denounced QAnon believer Marjorie Greene over racist remarks. Now Trump calls her a rising star in the party.

9:09 AM · Aug 12, 2020·Tweetbot for iΟS

trump is so desperate that he's going with a Q Anon racist candidate. 

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

BtpGLHdx_bigger.jpg

Carl Bernstein DESTROYS Trump's Attacks on the U.S. Mail: 'Racist President With Racist Appeal' Undermining Vote By 'Racist Discrimination'

12:01 PM · Aug 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Pulitzer Prize-winning Watergate  Journalist Carl Bernstein  States trump's racism for the Record.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

This occurred in the wake of the protest against the Death of George Floyd.

( These people live near the mayor of St. Louis and the protesters were looking for the mayor's residence.)

I wonder what kind of people the Republican party is trying to appeal to by having that gun-toting couple address their convention.:o

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

UPDATE: The Wisconsin Department of Justice is investigating after police shot a Black man in the back on Sunday night

This unarmed black man was shot 7 times in the back in front of his children who were already in the vehicle.

• Sad 1

Ro Khanna-

US House candidate, CA-17

I am in solidarity with all of the NBA and MLB athletes who are showing true courage in the face of continued racial injustice by going on strike.

Justice has been denied for too long. #BlackLivesMatter

• Like 1

Jared Sawyer Jr.

@JaredSawyerJr

·

52m

Tamir Rice was playing with a toy gun and was killed by a cop.

Kyle Rittenhouse walked around Kenosha, WI for 4 hours with an illegal AR-15,

killed two people, injured one and then was allowed to walk right by cops.

Rice was 12.

Rittenhouse is 17.

#blacklivesmatter

EgYqR-FXgAIGYxm?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1