Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deplorable!

NipkowDisc

I really must say there are times when the responsiveness of this website is deplorable.

earlier I could not log in or make it to any of the message forums.

it's like molasses in wintertime is warp speed around here sometimes.

nary a day goes by when we can expect some period of bottlenecked slowness.

Well, I hear one of the reasons this is happening is that some of the people who insist on never using proper capitalization when they post will occasionally confuse this website's server and thus contribute to this bottlenecked slowness.

(...but "doan" quote me on this...this is strictly secondhand information, ND)

;)

• Like 1

Well, I hear one of the reasons this is happening is that some of the people who insist on never using proper capitalization when they post will occasionally confuse this website's server and thus contribute to this bottlenecked slowness.

(...but "doan" quote me on this...this is strictly secondhand information, ND)

;)

Nah, it's all those PEOPLE who keep using CAPS every five words of so, if you know what I MEAN :P

Nah, it's all those PEOPLE who keep using CAPS every five words of so, if you know what I MEAN :P

I'll sheepishly admit that I often use caps for an entire word in place of just using the

"italic" feature due to not wanting to take the time to click it ""on" and "off" every few words.

I'll try to not be so lazy in the furure.  :)

MY(oops!) only issue here is some people's tendency to  interject "facts not in evidence" that are irrelevant to the subject at hand.  Like recently, when I posed the query concerning the similarities of the 40 thieves in the old "Sindbad The Sailor" tale and the 40 "banditos" in THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, and also wondering if there were also 40 bandits in the movie it was inspired by, SEVEN SAMURAI, and then wondering , in light of that, just where did the inspiration first come from....

Someone replied "The Arabian Nights".!

Well, I didn't  ask where the Sindbad story came from.  I was more alluding that possibly Kurosawa might have gotten his inspiration from it! 

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings