Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
johnkun77

Zatoichi

I'm writing this because I know that TCM plays films by the master Kurosawa, they showed the Seven Samurai the other night (I hope someday they'll show Ikiru). My question I want to put forth is, what (for those you have seen his films)do you think of the Zatoichi series? I happen to think he is an important character in Japanese Cinema, not based on the swordplay, but by how he's portrayed. I know the films are shown on the International Film Channel, but what would you think if TCM were to show them? I think it would introduce the character to a whole new set of people.

Just An Idea.

John

By the way Zatoichi is the "Blind Swordsman" series. I'm not making fun of anyone, I just want you to know what it is I'm talking about.

They show the blindswords man series every Saturday on the Independent Film Channel. These are great films. I grew up watching these films as a kid at a small theater in Seattle.