Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a funny idea a jester....

katiekat

I think I would consider The Court Jester as a good romantic comedy. This is truely a very funny movie.

"The pellet with the poison's in the vestle with the pestle and the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!"

So funny. I love the scene where maid Jean and the soon to be Giacomo (Hawkins) are in the stable with the baby. That loo loo loo song gets me all teary eyed for some reason every time I watch it. And the part when danny...I mean hawkins/giacomo is dressed up like an old man and he's telling Jean that he's not used to seeing her as a woman sir...haha! I love it.

"Don't you think it would look better if a woman were doing this?"

"And Hawkins, get out of my clothes!"

a funny idea a jester.....

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I love The Court Jester. As a child growing up in Oklahoma with no cable, seeing old movies was a special treat. There were very few shown on the three channels we got. One was "Jester", and I will always be grateful that they showed it.

I think it holds together well and has some of Danny Kaye's funniest scenes. The finger snapping scene is super, and of course the pellet with the poison. I especially love the end, with everyone kneeling down when the baby's diaper is removed.

Am I wrong or did I read somewhere that Basil Rathbone enjoyed fencing with Danny Kaye better than any of his other movie rivals? I seem to remember hearing this story -maybe on Dick Cavett in the 70's?

Archived