Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old 60's western series..let's see reruns!!

blueyedblonde1956

Who misses seeing the old reruns of the 60's western series. Like Rawhide..Gunsmoke..bonanza..cheyenne..laramie...big valley.. just to name a few..there were so many great shows of the 60's. They show Dr. Welby M. D. & little house on the Prairie and the Waltons but there was medical centre too..and funny alot of those old diseases r relevant today still. Again how about TCM showing occasionally some episodes on tv of the old calvary..war and especially the great old westerns of that time period..u hv a big following if u did. .the Indian attacks and bar brawls. not only educational but very entertaining. Watching those great actors in those dirt road towns. What a great time period the 1800's were. There are alot of us baby boomers who love those old shows. Come on TCM u opened the door to a great time period. Keep us entertained with some of those old 50-60's series too!! Who agrees with me?

I notice you're from Ontario, so I can't speak to the TV situation up your way. But we currently have numerous stations on most TV cable and satellite packages that show western reruns: Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, High Chaparral , Maverick, The Big Valley, Bonanza, Wanted: Dead or Alive, etc etc. Some channels even run nothing but westerns on the weekends. 

That being said, outside of Emergency, they don't show many of the medical shows, like Marcus Welby, Medic, Dr. Kildare, Ben Casey, Medical Center.

• Like 1

bluedeyed blonde:  I don't know if you have a Roku stick, but if you do, there's an 'unofficial' app (XTV)  that has Rawhide, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Maverick, Gunsmoke, FTroop full seasons on demand and streaming Bonanza...never any ads and no charges on anything.  I'm not a western fan, but love the app for other genres and films.

• Like 1

bluedeyed blonde:  I don't know if you have a Roku stick, but if you do, there's an 'unofficial' app (XTV)  that has Rawhide, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Maverick, Gunsmoke, FTroop full seasons on demand and streaming Bonanza...never any ads and no charges on anything.  I'm not a western fan, but love the app for other genres and films.

I have never heard of a roku stick i live in ontario canada,can i get that here I am presently on rogers cable hense the TCM and AMC channels. Is this a separate device for a tablet or something?? I am just getting use to navigating around this site lol

I notice you're from Ontario, so I can't speak to the TV situation up your way. But we currently have numerous stations on most TV cable and satellite packages that show western reruns: Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, High Chaparral , Maverick, The Big Valley, Bonanza, Wanted: Dead or Alive, etc etc. Some channels even run nothing but westerns on the weekends. 

That being said, outside of Emergency, they don't show many of the medical shows, like Marcus Welby, Medic, Dr. Kildare, Ben Casey, Medical Center.

How did u get your photo on here i have tried many times to no avail?? the size is only 208kb?

Blueeyedblond;; all you need is an HDMI port on your tv (doesn't have to be a newer 'smart' tv) and an internet connection.  that being said, I don't know if everything would be the same in Canada, I know there is a Canada version, but I read a post about a guy who took his to Canada while visiting and it worked fine.  I picked Roku over amazon fire stick because they offer so many more apps..and honestly, the hundreds of official ones in their store are not nearly as good as the 'unofficial' ones you can find online.  I have directv, and watch stuff through Roku more than all the channels I get with satellite (I regularly only watch six or seven of the 200something)

Blueeyedblond;; all you need is an HDMI port on your tv (doesn't have to be a newer 'smart' tv) and an internet connection.  that being said, I don't know if everything would be the same in Canada, I know there is a Canada version, but I read a post about a guy who took his to Canada while visiting and it worked fine.  I picked Roku over amazon fire stick because they offer so many more apps..and honestly, the hundreds of official ones in their store are not nearly as good as the 'unofficial' ones you can find

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings