Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NEED OF HELP OF THINKING OF A CERTAIN MOVIE ABOUT BOYS BURNING A CAMP

MadameChaplin89

hello everyone, im SO stuck in trying to find out what film im thinking of ....

i was watching a movie it was black and white and nd about it was set in i think a forgin place i dont remember 

it was a bunch of boys at a reform camp or refugee camp and at the end of the movie they revold and burn down the camp.

i think the title had a the world booys in hell in it or hell in it.

its been making me go buts for a LONG time. 

if anyone has a clue let me know please@!!

"Boot Camp" - aka "Punishment" in UK" (2008)?

Part of the plot  story of a group of unruly teenagers whose parents send them to a rehabilitation boot camp to turn them around..... The teenagers run amok and burn down the entire campsite after learning about some deaths.

boot-camp-51ce7f73038b8.jpg

"Boot Camp" - aka "Punishment" in UK" (2008)?

Part of the plot  story of a group of unruly teenagers whose parents send them to a rehabilitation boot camp to turn them around.. .. The teenagers run amok and burn down the entire campsite.

But that's not in black and white, which the OP seemed sure about.

Ya know Lawrence, now that I think about this again, your answer probably hits the mark a little better than mine.

(...and so in that case, just disregard my answer here, MadameC...it's probably wrong...and in more ways than one)

I think it may be The Mayor of Hell (1933) starring James Cagney. It's about a reform school, and at the end there's a rebellion, and the kids set a barn on fire, with tragic consequences.

mayorofhellad.jpg

mayor+of+hell+ending.jpg

Are there really "500 Juvenile Stars" in that? Have there been 500 Juvenile Stars since movies began?

Has anyone here ever seen the similar This Day And Age? CB DeMille's take on unruly youth -- it's allegedly even more gonzo than Gabriel Over The White House.

• Like 1

Are there really "500 Juvenile Stars" in that? Have there been 500 Juvenile Stars since movies began?

Has anyone here ever seen the similar This Day And Age? CB DeMille's take on unruly youth -- it's allegedly even more gonzo than Gabriel Over The White House.

Nope, I haven't seen it, but lemme guess here, Doc.

DeMille has all those unruly brats sent to some religious camp, and where they all miraculously become little angels, RIGHT?!

(...BUT seein' as how we ARE talkin' ol' Cecil here, where and how does he fit his usual blatant sexual subtext into all this?...I gotta know!)

LOL 

Nope, I haven't seen it, but lemme guess here, Doc.

DeMille has all those unruly brats sent to some religious camp, and where they all miraculously become little angels, RIGHT?!

High school students get fed up with their idyllic small town being run by gangsters, so they kidnap the head gangster and hold him over a pit of live rats.

HYxbgIn.jpg

(...BUT seein' as how we ARE talkin' ol' Cecil here, where and how does he fit his usual blatant sexual subtext into all this?...I gotta know!)

Apparently there's a scene of a girl friend of the students "vamping" a gangster. No way DeMille would leave that out.

• Like 2

My first thought was The Mayor of Hell, too.

Note that the movie was more or less remade twice, first as Crime School with Humphrey Bogart in the Cagney role, and then as Hell's Kitchen with Stanley Fields. Ronald Reagan also appears in Hell's Kitchen.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings