Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for title of b&w movie set in the south

Donnak

I saw a very old movie set in the south on TCM a couple of years ago.It was not a silent movie. Don't remember who was in it but it had a great music score during end credits, very similar to star wars theme.It may have had the word kingdom,king or heaven in it. I just can't remember. Any ideas?

That's it! I thought it was older than that. I read in your link about John Williams getting inspiration for his Star Wars score from it. I wonder if he had to give any kind of credit to Korngold or get permission.Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

That's it! I thought it was older than that. I read in your link about John Williams getting inspiration for his Star Wars score from it. I wonder if he had to give any kind of credit to Korngold or get permission.Thanks for your help.

Not sure. Korngold died in 1957, though I'd imagine Warner Brothers owns the score. 

Williams may or may not have been inspired by Korngold's opening theme, but he (Williams) used the same opening "fifth" not only for Star Wars, but also for Superman and E.T.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings