Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2016 *Oscar nominees & my early running tally sheet Who & what will be nominated???

spence

First I had hoped both (Jakeem & Bogie56), would jump in on these & post the same, but of course in their own opinions/predix of the nominees for  THE 89th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS-(AMPAS) 

Please do & also contact me as well, when you get a chance to correspond about current cinema 7 of course Hollywoods Golden Age-(l925-60)

This marks my 35th year at oddsmaking/handicapping *Oscar & did lousy the first few yrs until '86-(the yrof *"Platoon") & of course still make errors. Highnote yr was 2014-(hitting 20 for 24 correct on the winners)

A better yr ten the one in which I won the title of *"Oscar-0racle' in Variety for 2002-(17 for 24)

& below forecast are not final until (7) days before official nods are announced on Jan. 26th, 2017

BEST PICTURE?:-(NOTE: & apparently the *Academy is gonna' have 8-10 BP contenders again. I prefer it when there was just 5. But, for a dozen yrs throuout the '30's & early 1940's the had ten)

(*-denotes early leader)   (major categories only predicted for now) (& they will once again nominate 8 to 10 BP contenders. I liked it when there was just 5 myself)

"FENCES" (Paramount)

"HELL OR HIGH WATER"

*"LA LA LAND" (Summit)-(NOTE: Will lead the field with approx. 12 to 13)*

"LOVING" (Focus.)

"MANCHESTER BY THE SEA"

"MOONLIGHT"

"SILENCE" (Paramount)

"SULLY" (WB's)

(& IF TEN)?:

"THE ARRIVAL"

"HACKSAW RIDGE"

BEST ACTOR?:

*CASEY AFFLECK in "Manchester by the Sea"*

JOEL EDGERTON, "Loving'

ANDREW GARFIELD, "Hacksaw Ridge"

TOM HANKS, "Sully"

DENZEL WASHINGTON, "Fences"

BEST ACTRESS?:

ISABELLE HUPPERT in "Elle"

RUTH NEGGA, "Loving"

NATALIE PORTMAN, "Jackie"

*EMMA STONE, "La La Land"*

MERYL STREEP, "Florence Foster Jenkins"-(TRIVIA: If in the race again, it will cite her 20th nomination! Closest performers to her are *K. Hepburn & *J. Nicholson (12)

SUPPORTING ACTOR?:

*MAHERSHELA ALI in "Moonlight"*

JEFF BRIDGES, "Hell or High Water"

LUCAS HEDGES, "Manchester by the Sea"

*LIAM NEESON, "Silence"*

DEV PATEL, "Lion"

SUPPORTING ACTRESS?:

*VIOLA DAVIS in "Fences"*

GRETA GERWIG, "20th Century Woman"

NAOMIE HARRIS, "Moonlight"

NICOLE KIDMAN, "Lion"

MICHELLE WILLIAMS, "Manchester by the sea"

BEST DIRECTOR?:

*DAMIEN CHAZELLE for  "La La Land"*

*BERRY JENKINS, "Moonlight"*

KENNETH LONERGAN, "Manchester by the Sea"

CHRIS McKENZIE, "Hell or High Water"

MARTIN SCORSESE, "Silence"-(& would denote his 9th BD nod. He's only won once to date for 2006's *"The Departed")

& JUST FOR US MOVIE-MUSIC LOVERS & FANS

BEST ORIGINAL-SCORE?:

"THE ARRIVAL" (Johann Johansson)

"THE BFG" (John Williams; it almost seems like the law that record holder for most scoring noms.-(52) *Williams get into the race every year now)

"FLORENCE, FOSTER JENKINS" (Alexander Desplat)

"JACKIE" (Mac Levi)

*LA LA LAND"*

V.S.  2016 at the $$$(Box-0ffice)$$$-(domestic receipts only listed)

1st place "Finding Dory" (Pixar) ($486 million & now ranked as the 7th highest grossing pic. of all-time)

2. "Captain America" (BV) ($408m.)

3. "The Secret life of Pets" (Universal) ($368m.)

4. "The Jungle Book" (Walt Disney) ($364m.)-(NOTE: My personal favorite release of 2016 so-far)

5th "Deadpool" (Fox) ($363m.)

THANK YOU & PLEASE SEND YOUR COMMENTS

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings