Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump & International politics


Recommended Posts

NBC Nightly News with Lester HoltVerified account @NBCNightlyNews 22m22 minutes ago

 
 

BREAKING: Trump admin. announces criminal charges against Huawei, one of China's largest telecommunications companies, and its chief financial officer;

move comes days before Chinese delegation's planned visit to the White House.

==============================

U.S. charges top Chinese cellphone maker Huawei with money laundering, fraud

"Huawei employed a strategy of lies and deceit to conduct and grow its business," said Richard Donoghue, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of N.Y.

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/u-s-charges-top-chinese-cellphone-maker-huawei-money-laundering-n963646?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Iran rejects 'laughable' anti-Semitism allegations by Pence

Tehran dismisses accusations by US Vice President,

saying it 'supports Jews' but is 'against Zionists'.

 

......"Iran's historic and cultural record of coexistence and respect for divine religions, particularly Judaism, is recorded in reliable historic documents of various nations," Qasemi said, according to the Iranian foreign ministry's website.

He added that the principle underlying Tehran's foreign policy was "the aggressive and occupying nature of the Zionist regime [Israel] ... which is a killing machine against the Palestinian people".......

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/iran-rejects-laughable-anti-semitism-allegations-pence-190216181033817.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5c686beb4b738500015c8e2e&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pence Arrives at Munich Conference With Allies Questioning U.S. Leadership

 
  • Munich Security Conference signals concerns about Trump
  • Stage set for appearance with Chinese, Russian officials

 

"....Vice President Mike Pence arrived at Europe’s big annual security conference on Friday, determined to push back against a common perception that the U.S. has vacated its role as leader of the free world.

 
 

Pence joined a large bipartisan U.S. delegation at the Munich Security Conference where he will face an unusually high-level Chinese contingent as well as Russian push back over the U.S. decision to suspend involvement in the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty.

 
 

U.S. allies who see the Trump administration itself as a problem to manage will be as big a challenge as the Russian and Chinese delegations..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-15/pence-arrives-at-meeting-with-allies-questioning-u-s-leadership

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron RuparVerified account @atrupar Feb 16

 
 

OMG -- Pence was visibly shook in Poland when he received absolutely no reaction to what was clearly supposed to be an applause line about how "the time has come for our European partners to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal."

---------------------------------------------------

Matthew MillerVerified account @matthewamiller 22h22 hours ago

 

While no one deserves this more than Pence,

it’s jarring to see in all these clips how far our standing in the world has fallen and how quickly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

The HillVerified account @thehill 1h1 hour ago

 
 

Jair Bolsonaro, President of Brazil: "It is a pleasure to be here in the United States after a few decades of Presidents in Brazil who were anti-American...

As I said a long time ago, I have much in common with Mr. Donald Trump."

===========================================

Ilhan OmarVerified account @IlhanMN 6h6 hours ago

 

Brazilian President Bolsonaro has:

-Praised torture

-Called refugees "scum of the world"

-Compared same-sex adoption to pedophilia

-Expressed admiration for Brazil’s military dictatorship

-Called for extrajudicial killings

 

We must call out human rights abuses worldwide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Ryan GoodmanVerified account @rgoodlaw 9h9 hours ago
 
 

I just published: "Trump Endorses U.S. Citizen-Turned #Libyan Warlord, Despite Video Evidence of Haftar’s Ordering War Crimes"

 

 

Trump Endorses U.S. Citizen-Turned Libyan Warlord, Despite Video Evidence of Haftar’s Ordering War Crimes

 

https://www.justsecurity.org/63720/trump-endorses-u-s-citizen-turned-libyan-warlord-despite-video-evidence-of-haftar-hifter-ordering-war-crimes/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:
Ryan GoodmanVerified account @rgoodlaw 9h9 hours ago
 
 

I just published: "Trump Endorses U.S. Citizen-Turned #Libyan Warlord, Despite Video Evidence of Haftar’s Ordering War Crimes"

 

 

Trump Endorses U.S. Citizen-Turned Libyan Warlord, Despite Video Evidence of Haftar’s Ordering War Crimes

 

https://www.justsecurity.org/63720/trump-endorses-u-s-citizen-turned-libyan-warlord-despite-video-evidence-of-haftar-hifter-ordering-war-crimes/

Ryan GoodmanVerified account @rgoodlaw 9h9 hours ago

 
 

I just published:

"Trump Endorses U.S. Citizen-Turned #Libyan Warlord, Despite Video Evidence of Haftar’s Ordering War Crimes"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

It’s un-British to roll out the red carpet for Donald Trump

Sadiq Khan
Sadiq Khan

 

"............ Donald Trump is just one of the most egregious examples of a growing global threat. The far right is on the rise around the world, threatening our hard-won rights and freedoms and the values that have defined our liberal, democratic societies for more than seventy years ...

That’s why it’s so un-British to be rolling out the red carpet this week for a formal state visit for a president whose divisive behaviour flies in the face of the ideals America was founded upon – equality, liberty and religious freedom. .............

America is like a best friend, and with a best friend you have a responsibility to be direct and honest when you believe they are making a mistake.

In years to come, I suspect this state visit will be one we look back on with profound regret and acknowledge that we were on the wrong side of history.........

see all: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/01/donald-trump-state-visit-red-carpet-unbritish

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

It’s un-British to roll out the red carpet for Donald Trump

Sadiq Khan
Sadiq Khan

 

"............ Donald Trump is just one of the most egregious examples of a growing global threat. The far right is on the rise around the world, threatening our hard-won rights and freedoms and the values that have defined our liberal, democratic societies for more than seventy years ...

That’s why it’s so un-British to be rolling out the red carpet this week for a formal state visit for a president whose divisive behaviour flies in the face of the ideals America was founded upon – equality, liberty and religious freedom. .............

America is like a best friend, and with a best friend you have a responsibility to be direct and honest when you believe they are making a mistake.

In years to come, I suspect this state visit will be one we look back on with profound regret and acknowledge that we were on the wrong side of history.........

see all: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/01/donald-trump-state-visit-red-carpet-unbritish

 

Au Contraire.  It is very British to rise above those who are inferior and treat the OFFICE with the dignity it deserves.  They are not receiving Donald J. Trump, but the President of the United States of America. For good or bad he was duly elected by the system of government of the United States.  England should not lower itself to the abysmal level of Donald Trump, person.

Isn't this guy the mayor of London?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheCid said:

Au Contraire.  It is very British to rise above those who are inferior and treat the OFFICE with the dignity it deserves.  They are not receiving Donald J. Trump, but the President of the United States of America. For good or bad he was duly elected by the system of government of the United States.  England should not lower itself to the abysmal level of Donald Trump, person.

 

-but  Why INVITE him at all??  <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

-but  Why INVITE him at all??  <_<

Protocol and attempting to remain on good relations with the most powerful country in the world.  Also, supposedly Great Britain's closest ally.

Remember, we are two nations separated by a common language.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 3:54 PM, mr6666 said:

-but  Why INVITE him at all??  <_<

So the US should be closed off from the rest of the world to teach Trump a lesson?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheCid said:

Protocol and attempting to remain on good relations with the most powerful country in the world.  Also, supposedly Great Britain's closest ally.

Remember, we are two nations separated by a common language.

Don't forget with Britain leaving the EU,  they will need to work out trade agreements directly with the USA.   That requires playing nice with Trump since trade is one of the few areas he is focused on.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

China, Russia seek closer economic ties to counter U.S. pressure as Xi Jinping prepares to meet Putin

........trade between the two countries last year rose 24.5 per cent to a record $108 billion largely due to greater Russia oil and gas exports, which made it China’s largest energy supplier.

“Strengthening cooperation in the field of oil and gas confirms Vladimir Putin’s main foreign policy course, in which the strategic partnership or alliance with China is aimed at the U.S.,”.....

“As great powers, China and Russia have the responsibility to defend global stability … in the face of growing challenges from unilateralism as well as terrorism and global security, especially since the U.S. has withdrawn from the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty,” .......

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/05/china-russia-xi-jinping-vladimir-putin-1353546

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump routinely stirs up discord on visits to U.S. allies

"Halfway through a summer set of four international trips, President Donald Trump has proven himself to be an impolitic guest,

soaking up pomp and pageantry while leaving behind hosts he scorched despite their best efforts to favor the president with flattery.

Trump on Friday wrapped up five days in Europe that, much like his stay in Japan two weeks earlier, showed how his “America First” foreign policy mixed with his “Me First” Twitter habit have made him an unpredictable partner for America’s allies, who continue to grapple with how to manage the president and fortify economic and strategic ties with the United States........

 

“Not only has Trump been ungracious on these trips, he is losing credibility with his behavior,” said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley.

“No world leader can trust President Trump because at any moment he may shatter the glass right in front of him; a single whim, or tweet, could upend a deal that had been months in the making. He leaves world leaders wiping their brows and wishing for him to leave.” .......

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/ap-analysis-trump-routinely-stirs-up-discord-on-visits-to-u-s-allies

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, mr6666 said:

China, Russia seek closer economic ties to counter U.S. pressure as Xi Jinping prepares to meet Putin

........trade between the two countries last year rose 24.5 per cent to a record $108 billion largely due to greater Russia oil and gas exports, which made it China’s largest energy supplier.

“Strengthening cooperation in the field of oil and gas confirms Vladimir Putin’s main foreign policy course, in which the strategic partnership or alliance with China is aimed at the U.S.,”.....

“As great powers, China and Russia have the responsibility to defend global stability … in the face of growing challenges from unilateralism as well as terrorism and global security, especially since the U.S. has withdrawn from the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty,” .......

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/05/china-russia-xi-jinping-vladimir-putin-1353546

 

Interesting that a few decades ago, China and USSR were sort of allied against the West to advance their communist/socialist agendas.  Now they are becoming allied to advance their semi-capitalist agendas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...