Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dmc1025

Can't remember please help

Am looking for a title of a movie. I can't remember who stared in it but it was about a married couple. The wife receives a dog training book from her mother and is told to use it to train her husband.

Hi there!

Welcome!

If you backtrack on this thread, you'll find that this exact question is asked, and answered, about once every 8 or 9 days.

If a Mr. Dobbs posts in before you find it, duck & run.

> WHY is this question asked so frequently? It boggles

> my mind.

>

> Sandy K

I think we are missing a big opportunity. One of us needs to write a book titled ?How to Train Dogs and Husbands.?

> "I think we are missing a big opportunity. One of us needs to write a book titled ?How to Train Dogs and Husbands.? "

Fred;

I told my wife about your suggestion, and her face lit up with amusement as she commented: "That's a work I've been researching for going-on 30 years now!"

I laughed, turned back to my coffee, and promptly got ambushed by her next remark:

"So far, the dogs are way ahead!"

What really amazes me is that if you turned that premise around and made a movie about a man using a dog-training book to manipulate his wife, you'd have to jump back to avoid the flames of outrage!

Why do you men put up with it? ; )

> "What really amazes me is that if you turned that premise around and made a movie about a man using a dog-training book to manipulate his wife, you'd have to jump back to avoid the flames of outrage!"

Ayres;

As a former dog breeder of nearly 20 years , I almost felt compelled to point out that, following through with your premise, you'd need to use a different technical term, one used specifically to describe female dogs . . .

ALMOST . .

Then I visualized my charred, blackened remains crumbling into smoking heaps of ash . .

And smartened right up, toute suite!

LOL--or as Crystal (Joan Crawford) puts it in The Women: "There's a word for you ladies, but it is seldom used in high society, outside of a kennel."

(I refer, of course, to any lady who would use such a book to "train" her husband.)

> "LOL--or as Crystal (Joan Crawford) puts it in The Women: "There's a word for you ladies, but it is seldom used in high society, outside of a kennel."

Ahh, "The Women": strange though it may sound, from a backcountry musher like myself, I love that film; particularly Marjorie Main in them pre-war cowgirl duds!

That makes the proverbial ticket a fun investment all by itself!