Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm trying to find out a name of a movie that has played on TCM before. I have no clue who is in it. It is about three friends who work at a department story during the day and at night they are performers. Two of the three friends are only concerned with marrying rich men. They do so, and it leads to their downfall. The third friend fights a lot with son of the owner of the department store, and they eventually date. If you know what movie I am talking about, please respond. It has been driving me crazy!

The plot summary reminds me of "Our Blushing Brides" with Joan Crawford and Anita Page. In it, three girls work in a department store, and Crawford begins dating the store owners son, who is played by Douglas Fairbanks Jr., I think. It was made in 1929, and is of course in black and white.

Yes it must be "Our Blushing Brides" with Joan Crawford and Robert Montgomery (the store owner's son)...the two other girls are Dorothy Sebastian and Anita Page....MovieJoe, Joan co-starred with Doug. Fairbanks Jr. in 1929's "Our Modern Maidens"....

Thanks for correcting me feaito, it was buggin me that I couldn't remember who the male lead was. Speaking of "Our Blushing Brides" - it would be nice if TCM had a night devoted to this film as well as "Our Modern Maidens" and "Our Dancing Daughters" - since these films were all made to follow one another, and helped make Joan Crawford a star. I have "Brides" on tape, but I'd love to tape the other two.

You're always right MovieJoe....and what about having the chance of, at last!, watching and taping "Letty Lynton".... I wish all the legal battle & bundle concerning the rights of the movie, would end, after all these years!!!! So that all of us could enjoy it.... We should make a crusade for it!!!