Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Princess of Tap

What Are They Saying about trump? " He's a racist, He's a con man, and He is a cheat." " He's the white OJ."

JL--

You and Nip and some other members have taken up a very lively discussion that directly has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

I would strongly suggest that one of you start a new thread where you all can discuss this at your leisure.

I enjoy reading comments that people make about the various quotes, but I believe your discussion has gone beyond that--it is biblical in nature and seems to be a polemical discussion of societal mores, which is really deserving of its own thread.

Yeah... but I kept it short and To The Point, so that we can continue with quotes. No... I do NOT think we need a thread started on this subject. Been there, done that. It is a conversation that never ends.

OMG! I can't stop laughing after hearing the following exchange between Steven Colbert on his late night show and British actor Martin Freeman, perhaps best known for playing Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy of films and as Dr. Watson in the British series Sherlockand so I just have to share this.

Colbert asked Freeman if it worried him that the Queen was reportedly a little miffed about a recent episode of Sherlock in which the plot contained a storyline where an earlier member of the royal family was being blackmailed by a mistress who specialized in S&M.

When Freeman replied "No, I'm not actually, and why should I be?", Colbert then said "Well, you ARE a subject of hers, aren't YOU?"

And that's when Freeman replied back to Colbert, "That's NOTHING compared to what YOU are going to be this coming January!"

LOL

• Like 3

Yeah... but I kept it short and To The Point, so that we can continue with quotes. No... I do NOT think we need a thread started on this subject. Been there, done that. It is a conversation that never ends.

More reason to start a separate thread and get it off this one.

"You just don’t know,” Sykes replied. “I mean, when does this jump the shark?”

“I mean also, this is going to encapsulate, and this is really going to symbolize the quality of this man’s thought. I mean, there was a time when we had presidents who read books. Now we have presidents who write in one hundred and forty character messages. You know we once had presidents who were eloquent, who could rally the nation. But, you know, here is a president who does feel comfortable on Twitter because I do think that that is the perfect venue for the quality of his thinking. And I think that that is going to be something that’s going to be a defining element in his presidency.”

-on MSNBC with Lawrence O’Donnell, conservative radio host Charlie Sykes

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/12/28/watch-conservative-radio-host-nails-just-how-dumb-trump-is-for-relying-on-twitter/

• Like 1

Stephen King @StephenKing

One remarkable difference between Obama and Trump: the latter seems to have absolutely no sense of humor. The clearest sign of a dull mind.

I disagree. as we proceed into 2017 I think alotta people are gonna find donny trump very funny. :)

I disagree. as we proceed into 2017 I think alotta people are gonna find donny trump very funny. :)

But see ND, there's a difference between laughing "with" and laughing "at".

And so "as we proceed into 2017", I gotta feelin' that there's gonna be a whole lot more of that latter thing goin' on than the former

(...but of course then again, this'll make the late night talk show hosts and their writers' work really really easy)

"Chuck Todd has interviewed Donald Trump many times, and he’s noticed something somewhat disquieting about the unquiet president-elect.

The man doesn’t laugh — not in a normal, spontaneous, regular-human kind of way.

“[it] drives me crazy. Do you know what? I’ve never seen him laugh,” the “Meet the Press” host told me during an interview for POLITICO’s “Off Message” podcast earlier this month. “I challenge somebody to find him laughing, and that person has yet to find an example, in my opinion. He’ll smile, but he smiles appropriately. Watch him at the Al Smith dinner [the roast in New York City in October] ...

He doesn’t really laugh. He looks for others to laugh. It is just weird.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/chuck-todd-donald-trump-off-message-podcast-233066

• Like 1

“I’ve felt disgust before, but never the kind of fear that you feel now. It’s as simple as the fear of, is someone simply competent enough to do this particular job? Do they simply have the pure competence to be put in the position of such responsibility?”

“I think if you were effected deeply by the industrialization, globalization, and the technological advances, and you have been left behind; and somebody comes along and tells you ‘I’m gonna bring all the jobs back. Don’t worry about it. They’re all coming back.’ You’re concerned about America changing, the browning of America ‘I’m gonna build a wall.’…These are all very simplistic, but very powerful and simple ideas.

They’re lies. They can’t occur.”

-Bruce Springsteen

http://addictinginfo.org/2017/01/02/bruce-springsteen-shares-depressing-trump-truthbomb-we-can-all-agree-on-video/

• Like 3

Quote #43

The new leader of Democrats in the Senate says Donald Trump is being "really dumb" for picking a fight with intelligence officials, suggesting they have ways to strike back, after the president-elect speculated Tuesday that his "so-called" briefing about Russian cyberattacks had been delayed in order to build a case.

"Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Tuesday evening on MSNBC after host Rachel Maddow informed him that intelligence sources told NBC news that the briefing had not been delayed.

It took 18 months for Schumer to figure out that Donny

is really dumb. Talk about being slow on the uptake.

• Like 2

"Man, when Donald Trump calls you out for being unethical, that's a wake-up call... that's like if Keith Richards told you to moisturize."

-Stephan Colbert

:D

-his opening monologues are really smart.....getting back to the old Colbert

;)

• Like 3

"Man, when Donald Trump calls you out for being unethical, that's a wake-up call... that's like if Keith Richards told you to moisturize."

-Stephan Colbert

:D

-his opening monologues are really smart.....getting back to the old Colbert

;)

Quote#45

A few (possible but not sure now) Republicans in the audience like Mel Gibson didn't seem to enjoy her speech. Lol!

Did Trumpee tweet about this yet? She and Arnold the Terminator are likely now on his Enemies List that Omarosa has helped him start.

PS: Oh nevermind. He didn't waste time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38556030

Yes, he tweeted that Meryl Streep was an over-rated actress and a Hillary flunky.  Very Presidential.

As a bit of an aside I just posted something about Ms. Streep in the Favourites thread before I knew about the Golden Globes.  It was about her performance in The Deer Hunter (1977).  40 years ago and she is still going strong.  Yes, very, over-rated Donald.  Go back to introducing cage matches and beauty contests why don't ya!

Edited by Bogie56
  • Like 2

Stephen King @StephenKing

Trump's response to Meryl Streep--childish, churlish, petulant--is exactly why most Americans fear his presidency. Emotionally unqualified.

Ron Howard @RealRonHoward

@deanne_tate trump was a reality tv star spouting criticisms of a president & reinforcing the Birther Lie. but now celebs should b muzzled?

• Like 4

Meryl Streep's most important sentence:  “We need the principled press to hold power to account, to call him on the carpet for every outrage.”  From her mouth to God's ears.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/09/the-single-most-important-line-in-meryl-streeps-golden-globes-speech/?utm_term=.4310becbd866&wpisrc=nl_p1most-partner-1&wpmm=1

Hugh Laurie GG speech...

"Thank you first to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for this amazing honor,” Lauire began. “I suppose it’s made more amazing by the fact that I’ll be able to say I won this at the last ever Golden Globes. I don’t mean to be gloomy, it’s just that it has the words Hollywood, Foreign and Press in the title. To some Republicans, even the word “association” is slightly sketchy…I accept this award on behalf of psychopathic billionaires everywhere.”

Here’s the video via YouTube:

http://addictinginfo.org/2017/01/09/watch-house-actor-hugh-laurie-burns-trump-during-his-golden-globes-acceptance-speech/

FOX Business journalist Elizabeth MacDonald said:

“How does name calling make American great again? Doesn’t that undercut Mr. Trump’s agenda by responding in ways like this? I mean, he demeans himself. You cannot expect people to climb on board with agenda when your judgment is so poor in making attacks like that.”

FOX Business journalist Elizabeth MacDonald said:

“How does name calling make American great again? Doesn’t that undercut Mr. Trump’s agenda by responding in ways like this? I mean, he demeans himself. You cannot expect people to climb on board with agenda when your judgment is so poor in making attacks like that.”

Quote#50