Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alfromjackson

Up late at night montage

I love TCM but something is bugging me at the start of up late at night there is a shot of a coffe shop out of a Hopper painting.i recognize one actor behind the counter as Roy Teal (Sherrif Coffee) but can't seeem to place the movie it was in hopefully someone can sort it out

Great question, and that part of the promo always looked familiar to me, so I did some sleuthing and think I have your answer. So Ray Teal is behind the counter and he is serving two cups of coffee to a man and a woman at the bar. The man looked familiar, so I figured out it was Robert Keith - and I noticed he seems to be wearing a military or police cap. Then I looked up what movie both actors were in and came up with THE WILD ONE. If you look at the clip in the TCM promo, you can see the sign on the window reads (backwards) cafe. Then I looked at the trailer for THE WILD ONE and you can see "Bleekers Cafe" and Ray Teal behind the counter. In THE WILD ONE Ray Teal plays Frank Bleeker and Robert Keith plays Sherrif Harry Bleeker. So it appears the clip in the TCM promo is from THE WILD ONE.

Here is a copy of the TCM Promo, as well as the trailer for THE WILD ONE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8LC9Oy9k7Q