Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh wow! SUDDEN FEAR! (1952) on 12/14 at 8:00 PM

Palance was likely bedding both Joan and Gloria during the shoot. Method acting. One finds out, throws a fit, mayhem ensues.

Not if he was doing it simultaneously. Remember, this is a guy who could do one-armed pushups.

• Like 2

I dont even have feuds anymore. :(

Well, just spend a little LESS time here in the General Discussion forum and little MORE time over in the Off-Topic forum, and maybe you can fix that, Hibi?!!!

(...one has a much better chance of that happenin' over there lately, ya know) ;) 

LOL

• Like 1

can you imagine what the kid would look like if- by some miracle- Jack and Joan had procreated? that's a combination of some STRONG features.

i'm thinkin this:

easter-island-statue.jpg

LOL. Jack wasnt exactly what I'd call handsome.......

Well, just spend a little LESS time here in the General Discussion forum and little MORE time over in the Off-Topic forum, and maybe you can fix that, Hibi?!!!

(...one has a much better chance of that happenin' over there lately, ya know) ;)

LOL

No thanks. I do venture over there sometimes, but I've reached the point I'd rather not know what's going on in the country and elsewhere.......

No thanks. I do venture over there sometimes, but I've reached the point I'd rather not know what's going on in the country and elsewhere.......

;)

Well, ya know, even IF ya go over there, you might not actually end up "knowing" any of that stuff anyway.

(...but hey, it DID sort'a sound like you were lamenting not having feuds anymore...and so it WAS just a suggestion here, ya know)

LOL. Jack wasnt exactly what I'd call handsome.......

I was having dinner with my mother the night SUDDEN FEAR aired and I was telling her how excited I was about seeing it, and she said "boy, Jack Palance: talk about someone who made money from being ugly!" to which I countered "well, it sure beats all the people who were pretty for free."

• Like 2

;)

Well, ya know, even IF ya go over there, you might not actually end up "knowing" any of that stuff anyway.

(...but hey, it DID sort'a sound like you were lamenting not having feuds anymore...and so it WAS just a suggestion here, ya know)

LOL. That's true!

I was having dinner with my mother the night SUDDEN FEAR aired and I was telling her how excited I was about seeing it, and she said "boy, Jack Palance: talk about someone who made money from being ugly!" to which I countered "well, it sure beats all the people who were pretty for free."

LMREO!!!! Guess that's why he never became a leading man type!

LMREO!!!! Guess that's why he never became a leading man type!

I wouldn't go THAT far here, Hibi.

Jack plays the leading man in that Goddard flick that has Fritz Lang playing himself, and titled CONTEMPT, doesn't he?! And as I recall, he ends up getting none other than Briditte Bardot at the end, doesn't he?!

And then in I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES, he's the lead in that remake of HIGH SIERRA.

And how about that movie THE BIG KNIFE, and where he plays the leading man, a big Hollywood star in a personal crisis?

(...and where he duels with Rod Steiger to see who can chew up the most scenery in it)

• Like 1

I appreciate and like Gloria Grahame a lot in many of her roles, but has anyone ever read or does anyone have insight, scholarly or otherwise, as to how she won the spot in OKLAHOMA? There must be a great studio backstory there.

I wouldn't go THAT far here, Hibi.

Jack plays the leading man in that Goddard flick that has Fritz Lang playing himself, and titled CONTEMPT, doesn't he?! And as I recall, he ends up getting none other than Briditte Bardot at the end, doesn't he?!

And then in I DIED A THOUSAND TIMES, he's the lead in that remake of HIGH SIERRA.

And how about that movie THE BIG KNIFE, and where he plays the leading man, a big Hollywood star in a personal crisis?

(...and where he duels with Rod Steiger to see who can chew up the most scenery in it)

Yes,  Palance has been a leading man but he was never really a leading man 'type'.  

I appreciate and like Gloria Grahame a lot in many of her roles, but has anyone ever read or does anyone have insight, scholarly or otherwise, as to how she won the spot in OKLAHOMA? There must be a great studio backstory there.

Sorry Roy, but other than the fact that Gloria can't sing very well or at least was called upon to sing in that off-key manner, she's the perfect fit for the Ado Annie role, because she'd pretty much played the girl who "cain't say no" in so many pictures before this one, right?!

(...and so, I doubt there might have been any backstage "casting couch" sort of thing going on here, and that it was probably more just a case of typecasting)

• Like 1

Yes,  Palance has been a leading man but he was never really a leading man 'type'.  

Yeah, well, he was certainly no Robert Taylor/Tyrone Power pretty boy type, to be use.

(...still though, I would've killed to have those damn high cheekbones of his) 

LOL

Yeah, well, he was certainly no Robert Taylor/Tyrone Power pretty boy type, to be use.

(...still though, I would've killed to have those damn high cheekbones of his) 

LOL

Prominent cheekbones are usually a requirement for handsomeness, but not cheekbones on steroids like Palance had.

Who was the ugliest leading man of all? EGR has to be a contender.