Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Bias in the Press/Media ?

mr6666

It's embarrassing to say that I'm as much a contributor as I am a victim of the heavily skewed attention towards the Ukrainian war and humanitarian crises vs. that of the much longer and arguably worst conditions faced by the people of Yemen. You'd think that someone with my shade of skin and country of origin would be wise to this all too familiar plot. However, I, too, suffer hypocrisy in my vocal support and disdain for one, but not the other. Vladimir Putin's vile assault on Ukraine and its people is unquestionably wrong, criminal, and deserving of the world's attention and support to enact an immediate change of course. Equally, if not more urgent, the global community, and especially the United States government and media, should live up to their professed morals for all, not just for specific populations. The idea that the United States is cozying up to Saudi Arabia and murderous Mohammed bin Salman to increase oil production to offset global energy prices stemming from sanctions on Russia is appalling. Moreover, it's akin to valuing one group of people directly over another.

Mr. 6666. I was watching your post what is wild. Was Psaki doing a spin because she said rally the other countries. We are telling other countries if they won't sanction Russia. They will be sanctioned too. Rally or Bully?

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

-_-

I did see the opening on either MSNBC or CNN, but then watched something else.  I support the hearings and believer they are important to America.  However, like so much that comes out of DC, there is far too much blather from too many people.  In this day and age the media and others are there and will record truly significant things that are said.

The bio-labs are a good example of wording.  One of the e-mails on the laptop from Hunter is about him wanting to invest in research. So, each side interpreted what fit their narrative. Just like a college can't give a player money to go to their college.They can't stop a wealthy alumnus who wants to buy somebody a car who happens to decide to choose that college. Ukraine didn't give the Clinton Foundation money, but a very wealthy citizen of Ukraine did. There are labs in Ukraine who do have germs and etc. but it's anybody's guess what they are being used for (weaponized or vaccine)