Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

Tom WatsonVerified account @tomwatson 3h3 hours ago

We should all condemn the vile attacks on @jaketapper by right-wing hacks. Another line crossed. Another sign there is no bottom.

Glenn GreenwaldVerified account @ggreenwald 5h5 hours ago

Glenn Greenwald Retweeted andrew kaczynski.....

As low as it gets: scraping the bottom of all the barrels

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

andrew kaczynskiVerified account @KFILE

This is an insane Fox News hit piece on @jaketapper that plays at people's ignorance

DNldMuuV4AEus5m.jpg

When your match decades-old racism with poor/limited education, you have people tuning into Fox who will believe anything that suits their narrative.And what is so doubly sad about these people is that they're only around and they only allow themselves to associate with people who will reinforce their own prejudices.

Fox News is lying. I said it can be said at beautiful moments (wedding, birth) and too often at times like this (horrific terrorist attack). https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/925857025170575361 

.@FoxNews chooses instead to deliberately lie about what I said. Following the slime-coated path of @DailyCaller and @infowars. Disgusting.

There was a time when one could tell the difference between Fox and the nutjobs at Infowars. It’s getting tougher and tougher. Lies are lies https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/925870349811675138 

• Like 2

Matthew GarrahanVerified account @MattGarrahan 2h2 hours ago

SCOOP US department of justice tells AT&T it must sell CNN if its bid for Time Warner is to be approved, reflecting Donald Trump's hostility to the deal - and his hatred of CNN

-------------------------------------------------------

Matthew GarrahanVerified account @MattGarrahan 1h1 hour ago

People close to AT&T's negotiations with the DoJ on the Time Warner have been dumbstruck by the demands to sell CNN to ensure clearance. https://www.ft.com/content/149b22dc-c494-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675 

DOIaHFFWsAE7vwe.jpg

Russian TV network 'RT' registers as foreign agent in US....

.... The move doesn’t restrict the channel’s content, but the network is required to publicly disclose details about its funding and operations as well as mark certain content distributed in the U.S. with labels. ...

... the production company disclosed that it was paid $350,000 within the past 60 days by ANO TV-Novosti, which it notes is funded by the Russian government “to substantial extent.” It also disclosed several licensing agreements with the Russian entity for shows such as “News with Ed Schultz,” ″Redacted Tonight” and “Larry King Now.” ....

https://apnews.com/69e84148c8a44512bdc648b1bcac4f34/Russian-TV-network-registers-as-foreign-agent-in-US?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

-_-

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

.@FoxNews is MUCH more important in the United States than CNN, but outside of the U.S., CNN International is still a major source of (Fake) news, and they represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly. The outside world does not see the truth from them!

5:37 PM - 25 Nov 2017

54 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Evan McMullin Retweeted Donald J. Trump

CNN International has long been an important example of the free press to the world. By attacking it, Trump is doing his dictator buddies abroad a favor by undermining those who would hold them accountable.

trump doesn't like the First Amendment. SAD

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The New York TimesVerified account @nytimes 1h1 hour ago

Time Inc. is nearing an agreement to sell itself to the Meredith Corporation in a deal backed by the Koch brothers

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/26/business/dealbook/time-inc-meredith-corporation-koch-brothers.html

:(

Don’t Let the Koch Brothers Buy ‘Time’ Magazine

A former Time editor condemns the billionaires’ bid to buy a stalwart advocate of climate action.

"...I am in despair over reports that Time Inc. will soon sell itself to Meredith Corp. in a deal that includes a $600 million investment from Charles and David Koch, whose Koch Industries is a big player in the oil and gas business and whose philanthropy has long funded climate denial.

If that happens—and news reports indicate the deal could be announced as soon as November 28—it will be a tragic end to a Time story that was once glorious but turned sad as corporate woes increasingly affected the editorial product at one of America’s iconic news outlets.

The story is not just about the fate of Time. The story is about the fate of the world......

https://www.thenation.com/article/dont-let-the-koch-brothers-buy-time-magazine/

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

A former Time editor condemns the billionaires’ bid to buy a stalwart advocate of climate action.

"...I am in despair over reports that Time Inc. will soon sell itself to Meredith Corp. in a deal that includes a $600 million investment from Charles and David Koch, whose Koch Industries is a big player in the oil and gas business and whose philanthropy has long funded climate denial.

If that happens—and news reports indicate the deal could be announced as soon as November 28—it will be a tragic end to a Time story that was once glorious but turned sad as corporate woes increasingly affected the editorial product at one of America’s iconic news outlets.

The story is not just about the fate of Time. The story is about the fate of the world......

Don't let them?????    This guy is a fascist.   

1 hour ago, noah80 said:

timeo.jpg

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Requiem for Time Magazine

Henry Luce died in 1967. Luce co-founded Time magazine in 1923 and was its first publisher and editor. He went on to re-Launch Life Magazine and create Fortune and Sports Illustrated. Time was the first Weekly News Magazine in the United States.

The last time I saw Henry Luce on television was at the 1964 presidential conventions.

Luce's Time Magazine stock was worth a hundred $ 110 million at his death in1967 and was netting nearly $ 2.5 million a year  in dividends.

Luce's  second wife Clare Boothe Luce, whom he married in 1935, was a former actress.

She had co- starred  on Broadway in Gay Divorce with Fred Astaire in 1932.  Gay Divorce was a memorable hit because it was Astaire's first Broadway outing without his partner -sister Adele and it introduced the Cole Porter standard, "Night and Day", which was a number one song of its day.

Both Henry Luce and his wife  Clare Boothe Luce were prominent Republicans.  She served two terms in the House of Representatives representing Connecticut,  and later was appointed to two foreign ambassadorships during the Eisenhower Administrations.

28 minutes ago, noah80 said:

Just  a note...

Henry Luce didn't like Elvis Presley.  So Elvis never appeared on the cover of Life magazine while Luce was still alive. Not a good decision for a magazine representing popular culture.

Life gave marvelous covers and spreads to The Beatles. I remember those so well because I would cut them out and put them on my bedroom walls.

In the mid-60s, I think it was 1965, they had a wonderful article in Life Magazine on popular teenage music where they had placed Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys and Diana Ross and The Supremes in the top positions they so richly deserved with gorgeous photographs.

In fact some of the best photos of The Beatles I ever got came out of Life magazine. I have no problems with them in terms of covering rock and roll.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 6h6 hours ago

Ted Lieu Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Dear @realDonaldTrump: Here's another gentle reminder for you. Guess which President attacked the press incessantly? RICHARD NIXON.

I just saw Spielberg's The Post tonight.  Very timely.  One of the closing lines goes something like this ..."the press serves the governed, not the governors."  

• Like 1