Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 3h3 hours ago

More evidence that stupid tweets by @realDonaldTrump have consequences.

Ted Lieu added,

Jenan MoussaVerified account @jenanmoussa

Libyan media is questioning authenticity of CNN's slavery report after tweet by President Trump calling CNN international "a major source of (Fake) news" https://www.218tv.net/%d8%aa%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%85%d8%a8-%d9%8a%d9%8f%d9%83%d8%b0%d9%91%d8%a8-cnn-%d9%85%d8%a7%d8%b0%d8%a7-%d8%b9%d9%86-%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%b1-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%d8%a8%d9%88%d8%af%d9%8a%d8%a9/  @akhbar

:(

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 3h3 hours ago

More evidence that stupid tweets by @realDonaldTrump have consequences.

Ted Lieu added,

Jenan MoussaVerified account @jenanmoussa

Libyan media is questioning authenticity of CNN's slavery report after tweet by President Trump calling CNN international "a major source of (Fake) news" https://www.218tv.net/%d8%aa%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%85%d8%a8-%d9%8a%d9%8f%d9%83%d8%b0%d9%91%d8%a8-cnn-%d9%85%d8%a7%d8%b0%d8%a7-%d8%b9%d9%86-%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%b1-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%d8%a8%d9%88%d8%af%d9%8a%d8%a9/  @akhbar

:(

That's just great.  Trump paints CNN International as Fake News.  So Libya says the recent report on the slave trade in their country as exposed brilliantly by CNN is Fake news.  They site the President of the Untied States as the reason for refuting this.  Take that to the United Nations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

That's just great.  Trump paints CNN International as Fake News.  So Libya says the recent report on the slave trade in their country as exposed brilliantly by CNN is Fake news.  They site the President of the Untied States as the reason for refuting this.  Take that to the United Nations!

trump has no empathy for the victims of this slave trade because he has no empathy for anybody.

If you're not sure about this, just ask the Mayor of San Juan,  Puerto Rico.

• Like 2

Since this is about the media I'm posting it here;

I wanted the sheet music for the song Body and Soul so I went on the web,  googled and found it.

Well this morning I get on CNN and there is an ad for a website that features various versions for the song.  Clearly there is a 'cookie' that tracked what I was searching,  supplied this info to CNN so they could show this ad to me.

Scary.     

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Since this is about the media I'm posting it here;

I wanted the sheet music for the song Body and Soul so I went on the web,  googled and found it.

Well this morning I get on CNN and there is an ad for a website that features various versions for the song.  Clearly there is a 'cookie' that tracked what I was searching,  supplied this info to CNN so they could show this ad to me.

Scary.     

that's the idea I tried pushing in the 'Alexa' thread...

we're trading privacy & security for convenience & speed

:unsure::blink::ph34r:

(sorry to go OT)

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

that's the idea I tried pushing in the 'Alexa' thread...

we're trading privacy & security for convenience & speed

:unsure::blink::ph34r:

(sorry to go OT)

I agree.   I have my Internet setting to remove cookies,  and it does for certain sites, but I guess not all.

I'm rechecking my security 'levels'.    I don't want to be spied on so I can be hawked products.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 23h23 hours ago

New cover story: Is Donald Trump’s dark Russian secret hiding in Deutsche Bank’s vaults? http://bit.ly/2BL84gp 

Yes.  I've been saying this.  Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks willing to lend Trump money because he doesn't pay it back (why US banks won't lend to him) and Deutsche Bank launders Russian money.  It all ties in.  Remember, follow the money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

I spoke to a Trump supporter who was genuinely shocked that some people think he is dishonest. Why? This is her media diet: https://www.thestar.com/news/world/analysis/2017/12/22/donald-trump-has-spent-a-year-lying-shamelessly-it-hasnt-worked.html 

DRvMRjfW4AA3RMf.jpg

This trump supporter never paid much attention to politics before, so she probably doesn't know what propaganda is.

But in all fairness to those propaganda outlets cited, as well as Fox News--

Some people who have certain psychological and societal leanings want to have their bigotry reinforced, rather than hearing the news objectively or weighing facts objectively. 

When trump said he could go out and shoot somebody in New York City on 5th Avenue and not lose any supporters or voters, he knew what kind of people his supporters were and just how brainwashed they are. 

Today trump has disavowed his support of Roy Moore, but trump supporters and Roy Moore supporters are cut from the same cloth and are probably, in the state of Alabama, the same people. 

After all in the legal hierarchy, murdering someone is a step up in criminality from sexually molesting children.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

I will be announcing THE MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR on Monday at 5:00 o’clock. Subjects will cover Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories from the Fake News Media. Stay tuned!

5:05 PM - 2 Jan 2018

A very good use of the President's time.  Then at 6 o'clock - basket weaving.

• Haha 1

Colbert wants one of Trump’s ‘dishonest’ media awards-

"...The CBS host rented space on a digital billboard in Times Square at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue, asking Trump to consider him for numerous awards — including “Corruptest Fakeness” and “Least Breitbarty.”

CBS spokeswoman Lauren Kamm said the “For Your Consideration …” plea will appear on the billboard through the weekend, leading up to Trump’s event Monday.

“See you on the red carpet, @AndersonCooper,” Colbert tweeted, adding a custom hashtag: “#TheFakies.”...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-colbert-posts-for-your-consideration-ad-for-trumps-fake-news-awards/

3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Colbert wants one of Trump’s ‘dishonest’ media awards-

"...The CBS host rented space on a digital billboard in Times Square at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue, asking Trump to consider him for numerous awards — including “Corruptest Fakeness” and “Least Breitbarty.”

CBS spokeswoman Lauren Kamm said the “For Your Consideration …” plea will appear on the billboard through the weekend, leading up to Trump’s event Monday.

“See you on the red carpet, @AndersonCooper,” Colbert tweeted, adding a custom hashtag: “#TheFakies.”...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stephen-colbert-posts-for-your-consideration-ad-for-trumps-fake-news-awards/

Stephen ColbertVerified account @StephenAtHome 20h20 hours ago

So excited for Monday’s “MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR!” See you on the red carpet, @AndersonCooper! #TheFakies

DSqw3wiVAAADvAq.jpg

How Trump Got 'Wolffed' -

"President Donald Trump could have saved himself a lot of grief if he—or one of his people—had read Michael Wolff’s 2008 book, The Man Who Owns the News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch, before permitting the writer seemingly unfettered access to the White House and his underling Steve Bannon.

I’m not the only one to arrive at that observation. On Twitter today, Roger Ailes biographer Gabriel Sherman wrote, “One of the baffling things about Trumpworld giving access to Wolff: all they needed to do was call Murdoch and he would have said don’t cooperate b/c Wolff had written nasty book on him. And Jared/Trump speak to Murdoch all the time!”

Six minutes later, Wolff tweeted back at Sherman, “I kept waiting for that call to be made.”

Why wasn’t the call made as Wolff began collecting string for Fire and Fury, his new book about the Trump White House? The simple answer is that Wolff appears to have mastered a journalistic skill that allows him to suck up one moment and then, when seated at the keyboard, to spit out....

the fact that Trump got suckered by Wolff a decade after his frequent telephone companion Murdoch got suckered says even more. Did Trump never ask Murdoch about Wolff? (If that’s the case, Murdoch would have very good reason to have called Trump a “**** idiot,” as Wolff reports.) How can it be that Murdoch never volunteered to Trump in one of their phone calls that Wolff would smile in his face but ultimately stab him? Wolff’s penetration of the White House presents two equally damning conclusions about Trump—that’s he’s too much of an egoist to care who might be loitering around the White House, gathering string on him, and that he’s too incurious about the world to spot a potential danger to his presidency.

If ever there were a man who deserved to get Wolffed, it’s Donald Trump."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/04/donald-trump-michael-wolff-book-216245

• Thanks 1

Donald Trump’s Weird Video Briefing Becomes Bonkers New Meme

“Leaning hard into the 1984 vibe here.”

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders began the briefing by playing pre-recorded footage of Trump boasting about his tax code rewrite onto two screens. But as many media outlets have noted, the president was likely nearby in another room at the same time.

The bizarre situation did not go unnoticed online, with many people likening Trump’s appearance to a movie villain. They also reimagined photos of the briefing in various amusing ways. Here’s a sampling of the humorous responses:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-video-briefing-white-house_us_5a4f3294e4b089e14db9ca52?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Brian KlaasVerified account @brianklaas 2h2 hours ago

Brian Klaas Retweeted Brian Stelter

Trump orders the American free press “OUT” dismissively while meeting with the dictator of Kazakhstan, an extremely repressive authoritarian regime that doesn’t allow independent media, bans opposition, abuses human rights, and tortures citizens that challenge the leader.

see: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/16/live-stream-president-trump-holds-joint-press-conference-president-kazakhstan/1036458001/

-_-

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Brian KlaasVerified account @brianklaas 2h2 hours ago

Brian Klaas Retweeted Brian Stelter

Trump orders the American free press “OUT” dismissively while meeting with the dictator of Kazakhstan, an extremely repressive authoritarian regime that doesn’t allow independent media, bans opposition, abuses human rights, and tortures citizens that challenge the leader.

see: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/16/live-stream-president-trump-holds-joint-press-conference-president-kazakhstan/1036458001/

-_-

Maybe Trump thinks he's a "gentleman" like Kim Jong Un or likes his use of force like he praised the Chinese for doing to the Tienneman protesters. 

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Sen. Jeff Flake is expected to rebuke Pres. Trump on the Senate floor, in a speech that draws a comparison between Trump and Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin: http://cbsn.ws/2rgRcgb 

DTwFU1XX0AAfrI6.jpg

I just saw Senator Flake's speech.

It's a full-scale indictment of the current president as an enemy of the First Amendment whose repeated unprovoked and irrational attacks on the American Media are blatantly attacking the safeguards  of American democracy in the US Constitution.

Senator Flake also says the current occupant of the Oval Office  trying to destroy objective reality in the public sphere with fake news and lies.

This could have been one of the chapters for JFK's book Profiles in Courage.

At this point Senator Flake is calling upon members of both political parties to stand up to protect our American Democratic Heritage and our US Constitution.

• Thanks 1