Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

4 key moments from Trump’s freewheeling rant on Fox & Friends -

The president was very angry on television on Thursday.

Ronny Jackson-DOJ-M. Cohen-Kanye West.......

“I think he was awake and he had a lot to say,” Doocy quipped.

That was putting it mildly.

Doocy and his fellow Fox hosts tried to keep the president on track through a 30-minute rant that took several bizarre turns. Trump bounced from topic to topic including Kanye West (“he’s smart”), James Comey (“a leaker and a liar”), Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen (“a businessman ... he’s got a business”), North Korea (“we’re doing very well with North Korea”), and Ronny Jackson, Trump’s pick for VA secretary who withdrew his nomination on Thursday morning (“highly respected, a real leader”).

Throughout the interview, the president seemed fixated on two things he kept coming back to: his 2016 Electoral College win and how the news media was covering him...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/4/26/17284306/trump-fox-and-friends-james-comey-michael-cohen-ronny-jackson

giphy.gif

On 4/29/2018 at 1:45 AM, jakeem said:

If the #WHCD dinner did anything tonight, it made the chasm between journalists and those who don't trust us, even wider. And those of us based in the red states who work hard every day to prove our objectivity will have to deal with it.

It's a complete waste of time to try and prove your objectivity to people who believe fake news on Fox and Friends.

Or just like it was a waste of time for Jewish people to say that they were innocent and patriotic citizens of Germany after Hitler had forced hem into death camps in the Third Reich during World War II.

Sometimes honest objectivity doesn't work with some groups of people.

6 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Common Dreams @commondreams 9h9 hours ago

'Pathetic': To Shield Elites From Deserved Ridicule, WHCA Apologizes for Michelle Wolf's Epic Performance http://ow.ly/zwPQ30jKF0p 

DcCP6XKWsAE3Gue.png

I was just being funny - - because I was paid to make some satirical, topical, political remarks.

Next thing I know I'm being treated like Charlie Chaplin. That's a high compliment, but at the same time a bit disarming.

But I guess pungent comedy Cuts so close to the quick that sometimes it's hard for people to laugh when they hear the truth.

This is especially true in a convoluted place like DC.

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I was just being funny - - because I was paid to make some satirical, topical, political remarks.

Next thing I know I'm being treated like Charlie Chaplin. That's a high compliment, but at the same time a bit disarming.

But I guess pungent comedy Cuts so close to the quick that sometimes it's hard for people to laugh when they hear the truth.

This is especially true in a convoluted place like DC.

I agree with you but tell it to the WHCA.   They are the ones that issued an apologize.    Also, I assume in the future the speakers will be better 'screened' and 'advised' to stay within some type of boundaries.      If they are going to be such coward,  they should just cancel the event.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Fireworks today.

.@AprilDRyan: You were blindsided by the news that the president repaid Michael Cohen for the $130K hush payment to Stormy Daniels.

Sarah Sanders: "With all due respect, you don't know how I feel."

April Ryan: I've been here 21 years, I know how this works.

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Kind of remarkable that reporters spent three days feigning outrage about jokes that this White House lies to the American people, only to learn Sarah Sanders repeatedly lied to reporters and the American people about Stormy Daniels.

" Smoke Gets In Your Smokey Eyes"

" They asked me how I knew

My White House Press Secretary career was through

Something deep inside cannot be denied

When Smoke Gets In Your Smokey Eyes"

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

That @PressSec stood and absorbed the intense dumbfoundedness of her and the administration's blatant lying, and so forth, instead of walking out, on national television, was impressive.....if they had walked out it would have been a very overt display of the news media's longstanding liberal bias.

edited by nipkowdisc

Will the Media Ever Stand Up to Trump?

.........."Too many American political journalists seem to think that if they play nice with this administration, if they remain respectful, if they don’t call out the lies, they don’t call out the racism, if they stay neutral and detached and impartial and sober, if they keep doing the whole both sides are as bad as each other BS of yesteryear, then conservatives will play nice with them. Conservatives will stop attacking them.

Them the problem is that this assumes that conservative criticism of the media is in good faith, when it so clearly isn’t......

The conservative movement, the Republican Party, they don’t care about neutrality or detachment or impartiality, they care about winning and winning at all costs and if that means destroying the credibility of the media then so be it if that means crying bias to put the “liberal media” on the perpetual defensive, then all the better! ......

When will members of the press, when will White House correspondents, the great and the good of cable news and the print press, when will they wake up, look around, smell that **** and start pushing back? Start calling a spade a spade, start speaking truth to power, .........

You’re not being tough enough. You’re afraid to use words like liar . You’re afraid to say these are crimes.

If you watch the news, it’s always funny how they don’t want to say Donald Trump is a liar. They always find different words to use to describe him not telling the truth.....

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/04/deconstructed-podcast-will-the-media-ever-stand-up-to-trump-with-judd-apatow/

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Chris Cox tells NRA crowd, shortly before Trump speaks, that there's "never been a worse time to be a member of the mainstream media."

I can definitely say this is not true.

Edward R Murrow put it all on the line to expose Senator Joseph McCarthy.

Other current examples would be Watergate, the Pentagon Papers, And coverage of the entire Vietnam conflict in America and in Vietnam

25 minutes ago, jakeem said:

There is no one more qualified to be the first woman to lead the CIA than 30+ year CIA veteran Gina Haspel. Any Democrat who claims to support women’s empowerment and our national security but opposes her nomination is a total hypocrite

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

There is no one more qualified to be the first black woman White House Press Secretary to lead the White House Press Corps than 20 years plus White House correspondent April Ryan.

Anyone who claims to support women's empowerment and racial justice, but opposes her appointment, is not only a total hypocrite but also a total racist.

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders should quit if Trump lies again, former Clinton press secretary says http://bit.ly/2KHhOfN 

DciE8V9W4AAC8vA.jpg

I say she should stay until she gets the Ron Ziegler slap or did some say it was a push.

Or if she wants to follow her Idol Ron Ziegler and "enjoy"  the last Air Force One plane ride, so be it. 

She's earned it.

Amy SiskindVerified account @Amy_Siskind 5h5 hours ago

Here's a fun one: FDA employees were informed in an email that their TV's must be tuned to Fox News per order of the Trump regime.

Yep, perfectly normal!

-----------------------------------

" The reason for the change is that a decision from the current administration administrative officials has requested that all monitors, under our control, on the White Oak Campus, display FOX news," the email reads.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-fda-tvs-now-turned-to-fox-news-and-cant-be-switched/

<_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

Here's a fun one: FDA employees were informed in an email that their TV's must be tuned to Fox News per order of the Trump regime. Yep, perfectly normal!

It looks like Trump has finally made Fox News the official state-run propaganda source, except that it's unconstitutional and illegal.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, jakeem said:

.@TomiLahren: "You don't just come into this country with low skills, low education, not understanding the language and come into our country because someone says it makes them feel nice. That's not what this country is based on." @WattersWorld

Image result for tomi lahren jesse watters

26 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Tomi's great-great-grandfather, a Russian immigrant, was indicted for forging his US citizenship papers

Tomi Lahren--Another Fox Fake

Of course Huckaboor knows this has nothing to do with the empowerment of

women, it has to do with the empowerment of torturers. What a pathetic piece

of **** SSH is.

• Thanks 1

Donald Trump and Sean Hannity Like to Talk Before Bedtime

Life inside the bunker of Fox News’ resident Trumplegänger.

"....... More than most politicians, Trump abides by the Groucho Marx law of fraternization. He inherently distrusts anyone who chooses to work for him, seeking outside affirmation as often as possible from as vast and varied a group as he can muster — but Hannity is at the center. “Generally, the feeling is that Sean is the leader of the outside kitchen cabinet,” one White House official said, echoing other staffers (current and removed). I was told by one person that Hannity “fills the political void” left by Steve Bannon, ...

for the most part, policy has taken a back seat on Hannity; regardless of the news of the day, the overarching narrative of the show is the political persecution of Trump, and by extension of Hannity and Hannity’s viewers, at the hands of the so-called deep state and the Democratic Party, and the corrupt mainstream media, a wholly owned subsidiary of both.

Everything comes back to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election, a phony, petty diversion from what should be the real focus: prosecuting Hillary Clinton ........

The talks may be more important for Trump than for Hannity in a therapeutic sense, even if it’s nearly impossible to accept what we’re seeing from the president reflects any kind of therapy. “He doesn’t live with his wife,” one person who knows both men said of Trump, explaining that he lacks someone “to decompress” with at the end of the day.

When they spoke a few hours before Trump welcomed home the newly freed Americans who’d been held hostage in North Korea, he and Hannity told each other how proud they were, how happy the news made them. “You can’t function without that,” this person said, adding that Hannity “actually likes him” even though “he knows how nuts he is. He’s decided that you’re all in or you’re not.” ............

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/sean-hannity-donald-trump-late-night-calls.html