Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

why should they?

the news media are supposed to be objective commentators.

Trumpsters seem to think that objective reporting means never mentioning all of the dumb or outright criminal BS Trump and his cronies do, and that's not how things work, and never has been, no matter how often Hannity or Limbaugh say otherwise.

And that's what you meant, "objective reporting", not "objective commentators". Commentators are not required to be objective, they are employed for their opinion. And if you're looking for who to blame for the sorry state of TV news, look at capitalism. It's Network all over again. When the news is required to turn a profit, then they go after the higher ratings. Fox News established that the way to high ratings was doom-and-gloom, anger-and-outrage opinion shows, and with that format they shot to the top of the ratings charts. CNN and MSNBC had no choice but to follow their lead. That same 24/7 "attacking of the President" that you see on CNN and MSNBC is exactly what Fox was doing for the 8 years Obama was in office.

Will the news ever go back to the "good old days" of "just the facts, ma'am" reporting? Probably not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

why should they?

the news media are supposed to be objective commentators.

Journalism has several sides--straight news stories have to be objective.

Editorials are not objective, but they have to be based on facts.

Editorials are subjective and they have their place in every news organization. Editorials are labeled as editorials or opinion.

Advertising is also a part of what you're going to see or hear within any news organization. Advertising is labeled as paid commentary or it is clearly paid air time.

Columnists who are journalists give their own opinions for any news organization. Columnists are expected to utilize facts as they reach their conclusions. They are not objective, but they will be criticized by their news organization if the facts that they use to reach their conclusions are not verifiable or credible.

• Like 1

The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.

---------------------------------------

AsteadVerified account @AsteadWesley 4h4 hours ago

Again, if Trump will brazenly lie about something so easily disproven, what does that say about everything else?

Daniel DaleVerified account @ddale8

This is a ridiculous lie about the Times.

The senior White House official is not only real - the official said June 12 was extremely unlikely *at an in-person White House briefing to the media* on Thursday.

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Angel de la Cruz @delacruz_angel_ 2m2 minutes ago

@MSNBC @CNN @cnnbrk it pleases me to see that you are not giving #45 any Nashville rally airtime.

He gets plenty from the @fox @foxandfriends State run media (Trump network).

Refreshing.

you can include the c-span channels as liberal bootlicker outlets also so thankfully the rally could be found on fox.

:D

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

you can include the c-span channels as liberal bootlicker outlets also so thankfully the rally could be found on fox.

the c-span channels have never fooled me. I've known who's side they have been on since they started back in 1979.

:)

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

the c-span channels have never fooled me. I've known who's side they have been on since they started back in 1979.

Yes, that unedited live stream of Congress in action is certainly liberally biased. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
29 minutes ago, jakeem said:

JUST IN: White House says Samantha Bee "not fit for broadcast" after calling Ivanka a "feckless ****" http://hill.cm/813Igmi 

DeioFUSUwAEWSKF.jpg

26 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Compare ABC’s reaction to Roseanne Barr’s tweet w TBS’s non-reaction to Samantha Bee and you’ll see a double-standard in action. There’s no uprising against Bee. Why? Because she is liberal. Because the MSM protects Obama and his aides, but not Trump. The hypocrisy is sickening.

14 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Now some people would say that's an insult-- but I would have to say that telling someone the truth can sometimes be an insult in that person's opinion.

Insulting a person with A LIE that is not only ridiculous, but crude and vulgar as well,  because of their race or ethnicity or religion is an attack and a bigoted attack.

Feckless: incompetent, irresponsible, indolent, lacking initiative or strength

Many journalists, commentators, people in general have said this about Ivanka Trump being unqualified for s position as a presidential advisor. There's nothing new in this.

Perhaps the people raising the Ruckus do not know the proper definition of feckless. LOL

The InterceptVerified account @theintercept 3m3 minutes ago

The phrase “lying press,” or Lügenpresse in the original German, is a term of abuse for the free press, first made popular by Nazis in the 1930s to dismiss critical reporting on their fascist movement.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Russian State TV Uses Nazi Slur to Attack Austrian Journalist Who Challenged Putin

"....... While Western journalists expressed their admiration for reporter Armin Wolf’s grilling of the Russian president for nearly an hour, Vesti News, an arm of the Russian state broadcaster, headlined its report on the encounter: “The Lying Press: Putin Absolutely Destroys Dishonest Austrian Journalist During State TV Interview.” ...

The phrase “lying press,” or Lügenpresse in the original German, is a term of abuse for the free press first made popular by Nazis in the 1930s to dismiss critical reporting on their fascist movement.

In recent years, the slur has been chanted by Germany’s resurgent far right at rallies against Muslim immigrants and flowed seamlessly through “alt-right” networks to the United States, where it was hurled at reporters in 2016 by supporters of Donald Trump.

Trump himself, having lied for decades that his German-born grandparents were Swedish, prefers the more modern term “fake news,” which he falsely claims to have coined.......

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/05/russian-state-tv-uses-nazi-slur-attack-austrian-journalist-challenged-putin/

irliberal newspeople are so courageous in their liberalism that they hafta practice this form of knee-jerk internal defense mechanistic double standard and the funny part is the liberal media actually do think they are fair.

they miss Obama and hafta strain everyday to keep their heads from blowing off. oh how they wish the midterm elections were yesterday or the day before or the day before that or...

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Sanders' lack of respect for April Ryan is obvious.

But it is equally irresponsible for Sanders to attack a reporter and ignore the reporter's question because she doesn't have a viable or truthful answer to offer.

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

trump has no respect for the First Amendment.

Censorship of the press is the first item on the agenda of a dictator.

Peter BakerVerified account @peterbakernyt 3h3 hours ago

Reporter: “The president said it will be verified.”

Pompeo: “Of course it will.”

Q: "Can you tell us a little bit more about--what is, what discussed about how?"

Pompeo: “Just so you know, you could ask me this, I find that question insulting & ridiculous & frankly ludicrous.”

:wacko:

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

trump has no respect for the First Amendment.

Censorship of the press is the first item on the agenda of a dictator.

He's well on his way..........

6 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Peter BakerVerified account @peterbakernyt 3h3 hours ago

Reporter: “The president said it will be verified.”

Pompeo: “Of course it will.”

Q: "Can you tell us a little bit more about--what is, what discussed about how?"

Pompeo: “Just so you know, you could ask me this, I find that question insulting & ridiculous & frankly ludicrous.”

:wacko:

HUH???  What's wrong with that question???????

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Does @CBSNews know something I don’t about my plans and my future? I was at my daughter’s year-end Kindergarten event and they ran a story about my “plans to leave the WH” without even talking to me. I love my job and am honored to work for @POTUS

9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Bradley P. Moss Retweeted Sarah Sanders

“Neither Sanders nor Shah responded to repeated requests for comment before this story was published.”

This is a pattern of refusing to respond until after they story runs, then claim a media hit job and deny things.

And then two weeks later, the story is proven true.

This is fundamentally a person who's never worked as a journalist and probably doesn't even know the basic tenets of American journalism. And if she does know what they are--then she knowingly has no respect for them.

18 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Nixon: "Never forget, the press is the enemy. The press is the enemy. The press is the enemy."

Trump: "Our Country's biggest enemy is the Fake News so easily promulgated by fools!"

17 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Jay Rosen Retweeted Brian Stelter

Brian: You need to point out that Nixon said this in private, among confidants. Trump is broadcasting the claim publicly. A VERY different act.

No Sense= Nonsense