Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

On a similar vein, the Town of Palm Beach is already dealing with controversies over Trump's moving permanently into Mar-a-lago.  One is that his presence will result in throngs of his supporters, especially the bad kind, showing up to parade, demonstrate and gather in the streets of the town or around Mar-a-lago.

Just now, ElCid said:

On a similar vein, the Town of Palm Beach is already dealing with controversies over Trump's moving permanently into Mar-a-lago.  One is that his presence will result in throngs of his supporters, especially the bad kind, showing up to parade, demonstrate and gather in the streets of the town or around Mar-a-lago.

I thought they had been doing that for 4 years.   It was called Trump Corner.  Not sure how close it was to Mar-a-Lago.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2020/11/14/trumps-returns-mar-lago-different-former-president/6219014002/

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I thought they had been doing that for 4 years.   It was called Trump Corner.  Not sure how close it was to Mar-a-Lago.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2020/11/14/trumps-returns-mar-lago-different-former-president/6219014002/

Best line from the article.  Guardiola organized the large gatherings at "Trump Corner."  Maybe the rest of his supporters will feel the same - tired and depleted.  And then gone.

"As of today, there are no more rallies on Trump Corner," Guardiola said. Asked what — if anything — Trump supporters would do should the president lose, Guardiola did not have a plan.

"I'm tired," said Guardiola. "I'm depleted."

9 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Best line from the article.  Guardiola organized the large gatherings at "Trump Corner."  Maybe the rest of his supporters will feel the same - tired and depleted.  And then gone.

"As of today, there are no more rallies on Trump Corner," Guardiola said. Asked what — if anything — Trump supporters would do should the president lose, Guardiola did not have a plan.

"I'm tired," said Guardiola. "I'm depleted."

Looked up Trump Corner, which is corner of PGA Blvd. and Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens, which is northwest of Palm Beach itself.  

58 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Looked up Trump Corner, which is corner of PGA Blvd. and Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens, which is northwest of Palm Beach itself.  

I did too.  A bit far from the Trump compound, and not on a route from the airport to the compound either.  Wonder why they picked that location of all places?

43 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I did too.  A bit far from the Trump compound, and not on a route from the airport to the compound either.  Wonder why they picked that location of all places?

They're Trump supporters.😊

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Can't Stand Fox News, But Censoring It Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever

How will the latest campaign against "misinformation" backfire for the country? Let's count the ways

"................Confusing that which you find politically offensive with actually erroneous or deceptive reporting has become so common, even media professionals don’t seem to care about the difference anymore.

Those gunning for the removal of Fox, Newsmax, and other outlets are clearly not interested in getting there by way of the law. They want to take advantage of the hyper-concentration of power among media distributors — the tech giants like Apple and Amazon that can zap a massively successful app like Parler overnight, and the confederation of cable carriers like Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon that hold dominion over broadcast networks.

We have to ask politicians like Eshoo and critics like Sullivan and Boot: where exactly do they want massive conservative audiences to go, if Fox is removed from the air?

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/i-cant-stand-fox-news-but-censoring-94b

:huh:

With Biden's Jen Psaki at the Podium, Corporate Outlets No Longer Think Briefings Newsworthy-

Obama briefings? Not news.

Trump briefings? Always news.

Biden briefings? Not news again.

"........just a month into Joe Biden’s term, CNN has unceremoniously stopped airing daily White House press briefings. They didn’t cover Barack Obama’s much; in the last six months of his presidency, just 3% of daily briefings aired live (Media Matters, 5/30/17).

But in early 2017, the DC press corps collectively decided that every Trump utterance had to be broadcast live, even if the briefings were “built on deceits [and] designed to foil honest inquiries,” as Boehlert said. Even if he was telling folks to inject themselves with bleach or accusing hospital workers of stealing PPE.

After one freakish display, CNN anchor John King (4/13/20) declared, “That was propaganda aired at taxpayer expense in the White House briefing room.” But the network just kept on airing them......

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021/02/27/bidens-jen-psaki-podium-corporate-outlets-no-longer-think-briefings-newsworthy?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1614469794

:huh:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder what the users here believe Facebook should do with regards to Trump and the current ban imposed on him.   

I don't think Facebook should permanently ban Trump since they didn't (as far as I know),   provide a warning that if Trump didn't end certain practices he would be banned for life. 

So if I was Zuckerberg I would allow Trump back on the platform sending Trump a written letter (certified mail),  providing such a warning. 

Trump will likely violate Facebook policies and be banned for life.      But to ban him for life now without giving Trump another chance would be  unfair  (even to a clown and reckless a-hole like Trump).

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I wonder what the users here believe Facebook should do with regards to Trump and the current ban imposed on him.   

I don't think Facebook should permanently ban Trump since they didn't (as far as I know),   provide a warning that if Trump didn't end certain practices he would be banned for life. 

So if I was Zuckerberg I would allow Trump back on the platform sending Trump a written letter (certified mail),  providing such a warning. 

Trump will likely violate Facebook policies and be banned for life.      But to ban him for life now without giving Trump another chance would be  unfair  (even to a clown and reckless a-hole like Trump).

Ya know James, doing THIS...

bendoverbackwards.jpg

...in order to appear to be "fair", is seldom a good look for people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Dargo said:

Ya know James, doing THIS...

bendoverbackwards.jpg

...in order to appear to be "fair", is seldom a good look for people.

I don't see anyone doing a back flip at all.    To me the Oversight Board made the right decision here.    

Facebook doesn't have solid policies associated  with a lifetime ban.    I believe they should have one.    

The temp ban of Trump (or anyone),  was within policy,  but making that a lifetime ban was not.   

I just feel there should be such a policy.

Anyhow,  if all you wish to do is joke around that is A-OK by me.    Hey,  at least you made a comment.   99% of the others here are so biased and partisan they are too wimpy to even comment.

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't see anyone doing a back flip at all.    To me the Oversight Board made the right decision here.    

Facebook doesn't have solid policies associated  with a lifetime ban.    I believe they should have one.    

The temp ban of Trump (or anyone),  was within policy,  but making that a lifetime ban was not.   

I just feel there should be such a policy.

Anyhow,  if all you wish to do is joke around that is A-OK by me.    Hey,  at least you made a comment.   99% of the others here are so biased and partisan they are too wimpy to even comment.

I would ban Trump until after the 2024 elections.  Then if he acts up again, ban him for life.  

The problem is Trump has no regard whatsoever for rules or regulations.  When caught, he just laughs or claims it is fraud or a BIG LIE or other BS.

Trump is still propagating the Big Lie and that is a proven danger when coming from him.  People have died as a consequence and we are worried about protecting his tweets and his facebook posts?  Give me a flippin' break.  He should be behind bars toot-sweet.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ElCid said:

I would ban Trump until after the 2024 elections.  Then if he acts up again, ban him for life.  

The problem is Trump has no regard whatsoever for rules or regulations.  When caught, he just laughs or claims it is fraud or a BIG LIE or other BS.

Are you saying that if you were Zuckerberg you would ban Trump until after the 2024 elections,   regardless of the current Facebook policy?    I.e.  you, as the boss of Facebook would take an action counter to company policy and apply a lifetime ban only towards Trump? 

I ask these questions because my overall point was about Facebook policy and not about Trump.    I.e. I was just using Trump as an example related to their lack of a policy for lifetime bans.       I admit I know little about Facebook and their policies;  E.g. has anyone else been banned for life?   If so,   how was that done and why?  

I do agree with your last two sentence.   This is why I would provide Trump with a written statement with regards to policy  (via certified mail).    Then allow him back on.   Trump would likely break the policy in a few days, and then their policy process bans him for life.     Note how again I stress the "policy process".    To me that is key (instead of treating Trump like he is a unique individual),   but maybe that is a personal hang-up on my part.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Are you saying that if you were Zuckerberg you would ban Trump until after the 2024 elections,   regardless of the current Facebook policy?    I.e.  you, as the boss of Facebook would take an action counter to company policy and apply a lifetime ban only towards Trump? 

I ask these questions because my overall point was about Facebook policy and not about Trump.    I.e. I was just using Trump as an example related to their lack of a policy for lifetime bans.       I admit I know little about Facebook and their policies;  E.g. has anyone else been banned for life?   If so,   how was that done and why?  

I do agree with your last two sentence.   This is why I would provide Trump with a written statement with regards to policy  (via certified mail).    Then allow him back on.   Trump would likely break the policy in a few days, and then their policy process bans him for life.     Note how again I stress the "policy process".    To me that is key (instead of treating Trump like he is a unique individual),   but maybe that is a personal hang-up on my part.

As I understood your earlier post you said that Trump could  still be banned  for a while and  then reinstated and warned and then banned for life if misbehaved again.  Not so much different from what I said, but I placed a time limit on current ban.

He definitely should be prohibited from as much social media as possible until after the 2014 election.  That is his punishment for the insurrection he inspired and supported.  His statements since being banned have shown he has no remorse for anything he has said, done or caused nor will he ever.   He continues to spread THE BIG LIE and to attack and undermine those in the Republican Party who are trying to save it.

Sometimes policies have to be put into effect immediately with no provision for "warnings."  Just like laws.

The power of social media is too strong in this nation and the world today to toy with half-measures and let's paddle him and he will learn to be better.  Trump, and his supporters, never will - never.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ElCid said:

As I understood your earlier post you said that Trump could  still be banned  for a while and  then reinstated and warned and then banned for life if misbehaved again.  Not so much different from what I said, but I placed a time limit on current ban.

He definitely should be prohibited from as much social media as possible until after the 2014 election.  That is his punishment for the insurrection he inspired and supported.  His statements since being banned have shown he has no remorse for anything he has said, done or caused nor will he ever.   He continues to spread THE BIG LIE and to attack and undermine those in the Republican Party who are trying to save it.

Sometimes policies have to be put into effect immediately with no provision for "warnings."  Just like laws.

The power of social media is too strong in this nation and the world today to toy with half-measures and let's paddle him and he will learn to be better.  Trump, and his supporters, never will - never.

Yes,  we have a similar POV here expect that I would lift the current ban,   within a few weeks or so,  instead of keeping it until after the 2024 elections.   

Either way,   the end-result would likely be the same;    Trump will be banned from Facebook leading up to the 2024 elections:   either because the temp-ban continues on until then,  or Trump is allowed back on,  breaks rules and is permanently not allow back on the site.

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

& he'll always find some of his minions (OR the media) to re-post his ****

so , other than make him a martyr,

what DOES a 'ban' really do????

-_-

While his minions are reposting or summarizing (sometimes without success), the ban has been very effective.  This can be seen by the almost total lack of his posts appearing on news programs and similar.  If the ban were lifted, they would immediately zoom to the forefront, especially on the pro-Trump media.  It would also allow them to be reposted without limitations by his minions and others.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

While his minions are reposting or summarizing (sometimes without success), the ban has been very effective.  This can be seen by the almost total lack of his posts appearing on news programs and similar.  If the ban were lifted, they would immediately zoom to the forefront, especially on the pro-Trump media.  It would also allow them to be reposted without limitations by his minions and others.

My gut reply here is:  so what.      I.e.  if the ban was lifted and Trump followed the company's posting policy,   so what,  if such post "zoon to the forefront".     

If Trump violates the posting policy,  ban him for life.      As we discussed the odds of Trump following the posting policy is 1 in a million.    Therefor Dems and anti-Trumpers have nothing to fear,   unless these folks are being disingenuous:    they want Trump banned from as many various outlets as possible,  policy be dammed.     

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

My gut reply here is:  so what.      I.e.  if the ban was lifted and Trump followed the company's posting policy,   so what,  if such post "zoon to the forefront".     

If Trump violates the posting policy,  ban him for life.      As we discussed the odds of Trump following the posting policy is 1 in million.    Therefor Dems and anti-Trumpers have nothing to fear,   unless these folks are being disingenuous:    they want Trump banned from as many various outlets as possible,  policy be dammed. 

How many deaths have to incur based on his lies before he is banned for life?  Four more?  Six more?

9 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

How many deaths have to incur based on his lies before he is banned for life?  Four more?  Six more?

Ask Zuckerberg since he and his minions were the ones that imposed only a temporary ban after Trump clearly incited violence back on January 6th.    If I was Zuckerberg I would have imposed a lifetime ban at that time.    But that isn't what happened,  so the question still remains should Trump be banned for life.   

It appear you believe Facebook should change the temp ban to a lifetime ban based on the same set of facts that lead to the temp ban.      

I have already stated what I believe Facebook should do.