Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

On a similar vein, the Town of Palm Beach is already dealing with controversies over Trump's moving permanently into Mar-a-lago.  One is that his presence will result in throngs of his supporters, especially the bad kind, showing up to parade, demonstrate and gather in the streets of the town or around Mar-a-lago.

Just now, ElCid said:

On a similar vein, the Town of Palm Beach is already dealing with controversies over Trump's moving permanently into Mar-a-lago.  One is that his presence will result in throngs of his supporters, especially the bad kind, showing up to parade, demonstrate and gather in the streets of the town or around Mar-a-lago.

I thought they had been doing that for 4 years.   It was called Trump Corner.  Not sure how close it was to Mar-a-Lago.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2020/11/14/trumps-returns-mar-lago-different-former-president/6219014002/

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I thought they had been doing that for 4 years.   It was called Trump Corner.  Not sure how close it was to Mar-a-Lago.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2020/11/14/trumps-returns-mar-lago-different-former-president/6219014002/

Best line from the article.  Guardiola organized the large gatherings at "Trump Corner."  Maybe the rest of his supporters will feel the same - tired and depleted.  And then gone.

"As of today, there are no more rallies on Trump Corner," Guardiola said. Asked what — if anything — Trump supporters would do should the president lose, Guardiola did not have a plan.

"I'm tired," said Guardiola. "I'm depleted."

9 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Best line from the article.  Guardiola organized the large gatherings at "Trump Corner."  Maybe the rest of his supporters will feel the same - tired and depleted.  And then gone.

"As of today, there are no more rallies on Trump Corner," Guardiola said. Asked what — if anything — Trump supporters would do should the president lose, Guardiola did not have a plan.

"I'm tired," said Guardiola. "I'm depleted."

Looked up Trump Corner, which is corner of PGA Blvd. and Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens, which is northwest of Palm Beach itself.  

58 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Looked up Trump Corner, which is corner of PGA Blvd. and Military Trail in Palm Beach Gardens, which is northwest of Palm Beach itself.  

I did too.  A bit far from the Trump compound, and not on a route from the airport to the compound either.  Wonder why they picked that location of all places?

43 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I did too.  A bit far from the Trump compound, and not on a route from the airport to the compound either.  Wonder why they picked that location of all places?

They're Trump supporters.😊

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Can't Stand Fox News, But Censoring It Might Be The Dumbest Idea Ever

How will the latest campaign against "misinformation" backfire for the country? Let's count the ways

"................Confusing that which you find politically offensive with actually erroneous or deceptive reporting has become so common, even media professionals don’t seem to care about the difference anymore.

Those gunning for the removal of Fox, Newsmax, and other outlets are clearly not interested in getting there by way of the law. They want to take advantage of the hyper-concentration of power among media distributors — the tech giants like Apple and Amazon that can zap a massively successful app like Parler overnight, and the confederation of cable carriers like Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon that hold dominion over broadcast networks.

We have to ask politicians like Eshoo and critics like Sullivan and Boot: where exactly do they want massive conservative audiences to go, if Fox is removed from the air?

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/i-cant-stand-fox-news-but-censoring-94b

:huh:

With Biden's Jen Psaki at the Podium, Corporate Outlets No Longer Think Briefings Newsworthy-

Obama briefings? Not news.

Trump briefings? Always news.

Biden briefings? Not news again.

"........just a month into Joe Biden’s term, CNN has unceremoniously stopped airing daily White House press briefings. They didn’t cover Barack Obama’s much; in the last six months of his presidency, just 3% of daily briefings aired live (Media Matters, 5/30/17).

But in early 2017, the DC press corps collectively decided that every Trump utterance had to be broadcast live, even if the briefings were “built on deceits [and] designed to foil honest inquiries,” as Boehlert said. Even if he was telling folks to inject themselves with bleach or accusing hospital workers of stealing PPE.

After one freakish display, CNN anchor John King (4/13/20) declared, “That was propaganda aired at taxpayer expense in the White House briefing room.” But the network just kept on airing them......

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2021/02/27/bidens-jen-psaki-podium-corporate-outlets-no-longer-think-briefings-newsworthy?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1614469794

:huh:

• Like 1